PDA

View Full Version : Jason Pominville SUCKS

OpIv37
03-07-2013, 10:08 PM
His miss in OT was horrendous, and then he failed on the shootout too. And he almost gave up a scoring chance around the middle of the third with a sloppy clear but Vanek bailed his sorry ass out.

He constantly shoots the puck wide of the net, and somehow seems to lose his stick at least twice a game.

This guy is not a first line fwd in the NHL.

I know, this is nothing new, but I just finished watching the game and I'm frustrated as hell.

Skooby
03-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Did saying "Vanek" bailed him out cause a cramp, the NJ annnouncers basically said how that line created amazing opportunity. I bet that cut across the bow because Vanek isn't the issue, it probably will make you near vomit but just say what happened one more time. I'm a little dense & need a good quote here, please.

OpIv37
03-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Vanek wasn't the problem tonight. He got a much needed PP goal and didnt make any big mistakes like last game. But that's a different issue and there's already a thread for it.

The point here is that the guy wearing the C is terrible. Well maybe "terrible" is too strong a word but he does not show NHL first line talent. I'd like to see that ice time going to Flynn, Porter, Grigs or hell, even Ennis at this point

SabreEleven
03-08-2013, 06:16 AM
His miss in OT was horrendous, and then he failed on the shootout too. And he almost gave up a scoring chance around the middle of the third with a sloppy clear but Vanek bailed his sorry ass out.

He constantly shoots the puck wide of the net, and somehow seems to lose his stick at least twice a game.

This guy is not a first line fwd in the NHL.

I know, this is nothing new, but I just finished watching the game and I'm frustrated as hell.

You forgot to mention he setting the example for the rest of the team as the Captain :ill:

Captain Obvious
03-08-2013, 06:48 AM
Did saying "Vanek" bailed him out cause a cramp,

No one can take him seriously when he says Jason Pominville sucks and Stephon Gilmore is garbage

OpIv37
03-08-2013, 08:13 AM
No one can take him seriously when he says Jason Pominville sucks and Stephon Gilmore is garbage
Pominville does suck and I didn't say that Gilmore was garbage. I said our CB's as a group are garbage, and they are because Gilmore is the only decent one.

PTI
03-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Gilmore was average at best last year. Led the entire NFL in penalties, including the most pass interferences.

SkateZilla
03-08-2013, 09:35 AM
I've been *****ing about Poms since last season.

Why do we put him on the Point? he doesnt do **** there, but give odd man rushes and breakaways to the other team.

PP 11.5% - 30th in league, HEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO, How much more proof do you need that the PP needs a drastic Change.

It's sad that Vanek can play 200x better than most of the team while playing injured.

OpIv37
03-08-2013, 09:45 AM

Everyone else in this thread is agreeing with me and *****ing about Poms too. I suppose they can't be taken seriously either.

SkateZilla
03-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Scratch Poms and Give Ott the C.

SabreEleven
03-08-2013, 10:07 AM
I'd take Pominvill on my team but not as a first line player and definintly not as a Captain. He is a good role play for most teams but is a #1 line player on one of the worse teams in the league. Should tell you something right there...Another Marcy over value.

Cali512
03-08-2013, 12:19 PM
You say the exact stuff i think

Op

Is this your **** list too?

Vanek, Pom, Myers, Hecht, and Stafford?

Vanek i have issues with how lazy he gets. He plays games at times and you can just see his lack of motivation or trying. That wide open shot he had, anyone else woulda made it, he did everything to **** it up.

OpIv37
03-08-2013, 12:25 PM
I'm surprised Hecht scored a few games ago. I was convinced he could go the whole year without even a lucky one.

Myers has been brutal. He was a bit steadier last night but for most of this season he has flailed around the defensive zone like he has never played the game before.

Stafford is the definition of a contract year player.

Vanek is Vanek- he'll get some goals but then he goes dormant for long periods. And he tends to make some really stupid plays- stuff players of his caliber should never do. He was brutal against Carolina- and it's not that he can't have a bad game every now and then but the teams best player should never have a game that bad.

Captain Obvious
03-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Gilmore was average at best last year.

Being average at best and being garbage is not the same thing.. Even though the Bills and the Sabres have rosters full of players who are average and below average OpiV still overexagerattes how bad he thinks these players are

OpIv37
03-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Being average at best and being garbage is not the same thing.. Even though the Bills and the Sabres have rosters full of players who are average and below average OpiV still overexagerattes how bad he thinks these players are

No. You just fail to see how bad they are.

And your reading comprehension still needs work because I never said Gilmore was garbage.

YankeeInRaleigh
03-08-2013, 01:52 PM
That wide open shot he had, anyone else woulda made it,

....Have you never seen Stafford play?

Cali512
03-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Pominville does suck and I didn't say that Gilmore was garbage. I said our CB's as a group are garbage, and they are because Gilmore is the only decent one.

Id say the Jets DBs are garbage. Even tho Revis and Landry are not. People read things so specifically.

DetDannyWilliams
03-08-2013, 02:39 PM
OT

- Pominville rings one of the hardest slappers you'll ever see right off the pipe and it bounces straight back out. Argh.

http://www.diebytheblade.com/2013/3/7/4077234/sabres-at-devils-recap-enroth-injured-in-3-2-shootout-loss-flynn

and by the way the Sabres have gone to four shootouts so far and Pominville has scored in three of them last night was the only miss.

mightysimi
03-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Was Pomonville's season last year just luck? I mean top 20 in scoring is pretty good. The way you guys sound that everyone is terrible, you need to blow it up. Specifically because you have nothing. Trade any assets you have. Vanek, Myers, Miller and start it fresh. Buy out your bad contracts. Leino, Erhoff. Of course you have already started that on the wrong foot by losing a year on Grigorenko's rookie contract for no reason. However no one wants to suck for 2-3 years so here you are. Very little talent, and what talent you do have apparently sucks, and no one to look forward to bringing up.

Mski
03-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Was Pomonville's season last year just luck? I mean top 20 in scoring is pretty good. The way you guys sound that everyone is terrible, you need to blow it up. Specifically because you have nothing. Trade any assets you have. Vanek, Myers, Miller and start it fresh. Buy out your bad contracts. Leino, Erhoff. Of course you have already started that on the wrong foot by losing a year on Grigorenko's rookie contract for no reason. However no one wants to suck for 2-3 years so here you are. Very little talent, and what talent you do have apparently sucks, and no one to look forward to bringing up.
the last thing they have done is "waste" a year of his rookie deal. he had nothing left to learn in jr's he dominated at that level and isnt eligable to go to the AHL, so while he may not be putting up big numbers, or getting big ice time, he gets to play against players who will constantly challenge him, he gets to work with the NHL coaches (most notably our skating coach) study the film at the top level, and learn. all things he coulndt do while down in Jr's

mightysimi
03-08-2013, 08:48 PM
the last thing they have done is "waste" a year of his rookie deal. he had nothing left to learn in jr's he dominated at that level and isnt eligable to go to the AHL, so while he may not be putting up big numbers, or getting big ice time, he gets to play against players who will constantly challenge him, he gets to work with the NHL coaches (most notably our skating coach) study the film at the top level, and learn. all things he coulndt do while down in Jr's

You're right that all the things he can do at the NHL level. Another thing he can do at the NHL level is need to be paid a year sooner when you are still building your team and could be spending that money on free agents. I'm not saying he isn't learning in the NHL it just isn't smart cap wise down the road to have him in the NHL. Just to have a guy who isn't playing very much.

SabreEleven
03-09-2013, 07:06 AM

You can sarcastic all you want but the results speak for themselves. They missed the playoffs in the last 3 of 5 years and the years they did make it and the real season started, the tucked their tails between their legs and lost in the first round. You can have the top 10 scorers in the regular season but if you don't make the playoffs or lose in the first round, what does it matter?

As far as Grigorenko losing a year in his rookie contract, it is really no big deal. The Sabres are under new owership where the bottom line doesn't rule the day. If he is good enough, Pegula will sign the check to make sure he stays here in the long run. If Pegula had been the owner in the last 7 or 8 years, the Sabres would have not lost Drury, Briere, Dumont, Tallinder, Campbell and the other players (if the Sabres really wanted them)because of the bottom line.

mightysimi
03-09-2013, 09:33 AM
You can sarcastic all you want but the results speak for themselves. They missed the playoffs in the last 3 of 5 years and the years they did make it and the real season started, the tucked their tails between their legs and lost in the first round. You can have the top 10 scorers in the regular season but if you don't make the playoffs or lose in the first round, what does it matter?

As far as Grigorenko losing a year in his rookie contract, it is really no big deal. The Sabres are under new owership where the bottom line doesn't rule the day. If he is good enough, Pegula will sign the check to make sure he stays here in the long run. If Pegula had been the owner in the last 7 or 8 years, the Sabres would have not lost Drury, Briere, Dumont, Tallinder, Campbell and the other players (if the Sabres really wanted them)because of the bottom line.
It's not about spending the money it's having the room under the cap. Would you rather he be making 925k with another player making 4-5mil or would you rather pay the one guy?
I'm not being sarcastic, pomonville is/was a good player, if he is now as tragic as you say, then you should sell high.

OpIv37
03-09-2013, 01:41 PM

Yeah, it pretty much is that bad. We do need to break it down and start over. But there is only so much that can be done. No one is going to take Vanek's or Myers' or Poms' cap hits. We could probably sell Miller high, but then we'd be ****ed because Enroth isn't really ready and we have no back up behind him anyway.

We should buy out Leino but buying out both him and Ehroff is probably too expensive.

What should happen is that the Sabres should sell high, buy out Leino and try to start over. Bring up some young guys and have them learn. Once they are good we can spend on FA's and maybe get somewhere. They will suck for two or three years but its the only way to improve.

What they will actually do is insist that they are just one or two pieces away, and keep resigning guys like Poms and Stafford to bad contracts while bringing in an FA or two on an equally bad contract, and this cycle will continue in perpetuity.

The Bills are stuck in a never-ending rebuilding cycle, the Sabres are stuck in a never-ending mediocrity cycle, and neither team will make the organizational changes necessary to fix it.

mightysimi
03-09-2013, 04:55 PM
You share my opinions exactly, hence why it would have been better in the long run to keep Grigorenko in junior.

Cali512
03-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Yeah, it pretty much is that bad. We do need to break it down and start over. But there is only so much that can be done. No one is going to take Vanek's or Myers' or Poms' cap hits. We could probably sell Miller high, but then we'd be ****ed because Enroth isn't really ready and we have no back up behind him anyway.

We should buy out Leino but buying out both him and Ehroff is probably too expensive.

What should happen is that the Sabres should sell high, buy out Leino and try to start over. Bring up some young guys and have them learn. Once they are good we can spend on FA's and maybe get somewhere. They will suck for two or three years but its the only way to improve.

What they will actually do is insist that they are just one or two pieces away, and keep resigning guys like Poms and Stafford to bad contracts while bringing in an FA or two on an equally bad contract, and this cycle will continue in perpetuity.

The Bills are stuck in a never-ending rebuilding cycle, the Sabres are stuck in a never-ending mediocrity cycle, and neither team will make the organizational changes necessary to fix it.

I dont get how you can say that. Besides from Reghier, Hecht, Poms, Leino and Stafford. Everyones young or contributing. We have 3 vet F/C, and a couple D. So we are in rebuilding mode and the team has come out and said it. Flynn, Pardy, Webber, Ennis, Foligno, Porter, Grigs, and Brennan are all part of this, rebuilding. We need all of them to develop, and this year it seems like Porter and Flynn are taking advantage of there opportunity. Sulzer should also be here for a very long time, i love how he plays

OpIv37
03-09-2013, 11:21 PM
I dont get how you can say that. Besides from Reghier, Hecht, Poms, Leino and Stafford. Everyones young or contributing. We have 3 vet F/C, and a couple D. So we are in rebuilding mode and the team has come out and said it. Flynn, Pardy, Webber, Ennis, Foligno, Porter, Grigs, and Brennan are all part of this, rebuilding. We need all of them to develop, and this year it seems like Porter and Flynn are taking advantage of there opportunity. Sulzer should also be here for a very long time, i love how he plays
Just think about this for a second: why are the Sabres doing so poorly if 17 of 22 guys are contributing?

Cali512
03-10-2013, 04:28 AM
Just think about this for a second: why are the Sabres doing so poorly if 17 of 22 guys are contributing?

Because most of them are young players who are getting used to the NHL, and are doing well, just needa get the puck in the net. You cant tell me that Porter, Flynn, and Pardy are any worse than Stafford, Leopold and Hecht.

Hodgson, Vanek, Pom
Foligno, Ennis, Gerbe
Ott, Kaleta, Porter
Flynn, ____ possibly Grig or ____

That doesnt look to bad if Flynn and Porter end strong. No ones hair pulling bad

The D

Sulzer, Brennan
Pardy, Webber
Myers, Sekera/Reghier FA

Id love to get rid of Myers for a player/pick but i doubt that happens. Brennan needs to worry bout accuracy but he seems well balanced and has been solid. Webber and Pardy are old school, while Sulzers just a very good consistent offensive D-man

mightysimi
03-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Because most of them are young players who are getting used to the NHL, and are doing well, just needa get the puck in the net. You cant tell me that Porter, Flynn, and Pardy are any worse than Stafford, Leopold and Hecht.

Hodgson, Vanek, Pom
Foligno, Ennis, Gerbe
Ott, Kaleta, Porter
Flynn, ____ possibly Grig or ____

That doesnt look to bad if Flynn and Porter end strong. No ones hair pulling bad

The D

Sulzer, Brennan
Pardy, Webber
Myers, Sekera/Reghier FA

Id love to get rid of Myers for a player/pick but i doubt that happens. Brennan needs to worry bout accuracy but he seems well balanced and has been solid. Webber and Pardy are old school, while Sulzers just a very good consistent offensive D-man

The real question should be if some of those players went to other teams in the league would their role stay the same? Is Ennis a second line centre on half the teams in the league. I'm not sure he is. And I'm positive your D is tragic.

trapezeus
03-11-2013, 11:21 AM
in the end, you can have some young players learning, but they need unquestionable leaders ahead of them to make up for their mistakes. we don't hvae that.

And we don't have enough young only players to just suck and get more players.

Pegula's problem was that he wanted to make this team an office. Where people were paid for their past contributions. but he also had to sign them long term which killed their trade values. and then the players kind of screwed it up.

from this season and the slow decline over last 3 years, this core is done. And whether there is a mini run to the trade deadline or not, you trade everything you got for picks and prospects. you have to start over. because i will gladly be a sabres fan watching a new goalie prospect fighting to get better. but i won't watch a d man leave our goalie to hang out to dry making $40MM over life of contract.

hell, i'd literally watch the amerks come up in whole next year and have the farm re-seeded and then trade high talent to go with the working pieces.

but i get the sense this organization is cool with keeping darcy. letting him find us tim connolly or some other reject to push us one last time.

And frankly, this power play non-sense has to come to an end 8 years later. ***** find a new strategy and get some guys who can give and receive a pass.

SkateZilla
03-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Another 4 breakaways/2 on1s because of poms dreadful point awareness,

umm, I dont know about you,but if I see the other point man wiff on a pass and the PK guy right next to him, I'd be already going to a defensive position, not sit for a second and WAIT for the guy to skate away from it.

The SH goal they scored, poms skated back and waved his stick around, get down and block the pass/shot or take the guy out of the play, dont just glide back waving your stick around.

mightysimi
03-11-2013, 02:41 PM
Don't blame him, blame the coach for putting him in that position. He's a forward.

OpIv37
03-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Don't blame him, blame the coach for putting him in that position. He's a forward.

Oh please. He's an NHL hockey player and he's been playin point on the PP for several seasons now. He should at least be capable of not coughing up turnovers that lead to shorties.

Historian
03-11-2013, 02:56 PM
Never cared for him.

He's a second line guy on most teams. Decent, but nothing special.

Lecter and I argue over this every time we attend a game.

trapezeus
03-11-2013, 03:50 PM
having him on the point still is very confusing. unless rolston is leaving the pp alone to prove that the current PP thinkers are morons and wants to have a case to get his own coaches in, it's odd that the powerplay continues to be as bad as it is.

this is the kind of team where you have to start thinking 2/3 of these guys won't be in the nhl after this season.

SkateZilla
03-11-2013, 04:29 PM
We need a Legitimate replacement for Drury/Briere.

Cali512
03-11-2013, 11:01 PM
We need a Legitimate replacement for Drury/Briere.

That will be Ennis and Gerbe when they get older. I dont get how anyone can say with a strait face that Gerbe is not the next Briere. Gerbe plays more intense, but other than that they are extremely similar

trapezeus
03-12-2013, 07:47 AM
That will be Ennis and Gerbe when they get older. I dont get how anyone can say with a strait face that Gerbe is not the next Briere. Gerbe plays more intense, but other than that they are extremely similar

briere also toweres over gerbe. i just don't see gerbe as anything but a hard working line 3-4 player who can be extremely good in that role.

SkateZilla
03-13-2013, 10:46 AM
If the Bills can Dump Fitzpatrick after YEARS of playing on and off, the Sabres can Dump Pominville for the same thing.

PTI
03-13-2013, 11:21 AM

Ennis will be good, just don't think Gerbe will make it.

DetDannyWilliams
03-13-2013, 08:35 PM
Pominville's cross ice pass to spring Vanek on breakaway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk6GE-u6L34&feature=player_embedded

DetDannyWilliams
03-13-2013, 08:53 PM
Pominville's pass almost the same as this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0xxSsEqjIk

OpIv37
03-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Pominville's cross ice pass to spring Vanek on breakaway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk6GE-u6L34&feature=player_embedded

Even a blind fly lands on **** sometimes.....

It shocks me how people let one good pass overshadow years of mediocrity.