X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Nassib's pro day

Ryan Nassib/QB/Syracuse impressive proday. 75 passes and 4 hit the carpet, 3 due to WR drops. Significantly improved his deep accuracy.

According to Pauline, New York Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg will be dining with Nassib this evening.

Nix was at SU pro day

He also reported that Nix is reportedly trying to set up a private workout for Nassib with the Bills in early April. Nassib only threw at Syracuse pro day today, choosing to stand on his Combine numbers.

Experts divided on Ryan Nassib’s NFL prospects
    The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 03-08-2013, 08:06 AM.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Nassib's pro day

Pro Days: Syracuse QB Nassib, OL Pugh solid at pro day

The Bengals were one of the teams in attendance at Syracuse's pro day today, where they reportedly set up a meeting with quarterback Ryan Nassib.

The Bengals were one of the teams in attendance at Syracuse's pro day today, where they reportedly set up a meeting with quarterback Ryan Nassib.
    sacrifice1

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
      Ryan Nassib/QB/Syracuse impressive proday. 75 passes and 4 hit the carpet, 3 due to WR drops. Significantly improved his deep accuracy.

According to Pauline, New York Jets offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg will be dining with Nassib this evening.

Nix was at SU pro day

He also reported that Nix is reportedly trying to set up a private workout for Nassib with the Bills in early April. Nassib only threw at Syracuse pro day today, choosing to stand on his Combine numbers.

Experts divided on Ryan Nassib’s NFL prospects
      http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/03/07/expe...nfl-prospects/
      Nix had to drive all the way to Syracuse because Ralph is too cheap to spring for a Jet. Just thought I would be the first to call Ralph cheap in this thread.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Pro days are more useless than the combine.

If Pugh looked 'solid' from an OT standpoint, that should speak volumes.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Cali512
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
          Pro days are more useless than the combine.

If Pugh looked 'solid' from an OT standpoint, that should speak volumes.

Not really. You can gain alot from just watching a QB throw. A player cant have to think about how to throw a decent spiral and accurately, because theres to much to think about during the game. So when you know a QB can throw 74 passes in just about a row, equal and consistantly, you know that everything is pretty natural on them. Fitzpatrick was a QB that seemed to always be thinking about how to throw the ball the best to get it there, not just slinging it, which was one of the reasons for all the late throws. Every great QB could throw the ball in a tire probably 20 times in a row consistantly from 20 yds away, just by how natural of passers they are.
          Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
            Not really. You can gain alot from just watching a QB throw. A player cant have to think about how to throw a decent spiral and accurately, because theres to much to think about during the game. So when you know a QB can throw 74 passes in just about a row, equal and consistantly, you know that everything is pretty natural on them. Fitzpatrick was a QB that seemed to always be thinking about how to throw the ball the best to get it there, not just slinging it, which was one of the reasons for all the late throws. Every great QB could throw the ball in a tire probably 20 times in a row consistantly from 20 yds away, just by how natural of passers they are.
            Sorry, but I disagree. Throwing 74 passes in a row, in shorts, in a controlled environment, will tell you very little about the QB. Show me 74 passes on game film...that will be much closer to the truth.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

I don't think this kid is a franchise QB. Smart and accurate in short areas but you rarely see him make the big throws. We have had noodle arm kids for too long. Time to bring in a big arm that makes all the throws.

Comment

• fluteflakes
                • Jan 2013

Mike Mayock consistently says the best pro-day he's ever seen was JaMarcus Russell throwing the ball.

Pro-days are useless other than reaffirming belief or allowing a prospect to make up for a perceived lack of athleticism at the combine.

I'll believe Nassib fixed his deep accuracy when I see him throw deep in an actual game setting, not to Alec Lemon in shorts.

Comment

• imbondz
                  Democrats are people too
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
                  Nix had to drive all the way to Syracuse because Ralph is too cheap to spring for a Jet. Just thought I would be the first to call Ralph cheap in this thread.
                  maybe he offered but Nix wanted to drive. 2.5 hour drive from B-lo to Scuse of that. 1 hour flight w/ the hassles of flying.
                  My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                    I don't think this kid is a franchise QB. Smart and accurate in short areas but you rarely see him make the big throws. We have had noodle arm kids for too long. Time to bring in a big arm that makes all the throws.
                    can you guess whos scouting report this is?

Plays in the spread offense, taking the bulk of his snaps from the shotgun... Tends to side-arm his passes going deep...Lacks accuracy and touch on his long throws... Seems more comfortable in the short/intermediate passing attack...
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• fluteflakes
                      • Jan 2013

You're not seriously comparing Nassib to Matt Ryan are you?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by fluteflakes View Post
                        You're not seriously comparing Nassib to Matt Ryan are you?
                        who me?
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• Cali512
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                          can you guess whos scouting report this is?

10000 scouting reports, different opinions different players, you can find **** like that about Dan Marino, Kelly, Michael Vick, ect.
                          Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                            10000 scouting reports, different opinions different players, you can find **** like that about Dan Marino, Kelly, Michael Vick, ect.
                            I agree. Just thinking if whether lack of accuracy in the deep can be fixed from when a player is first drafted to later on in his NFL career. Besides, it's not hard to see if their deep ball is accurate. Nassib's deep ball sucks and I'm no scout.
                            Last edited by justasportsfan; 03-08-2013, 02:26 PM.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• kishoph
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                              Sorry, but I disagree. Throwing 74 passes in a row, in shorts, in a controlled environment, will tell you very little about the QB. Show me 74 passes on game film...that will be much closer to the truth.
                              But running a 40 at the combine is more useful ?

Comment

Working...
                              X