• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Rumor: The Bills have contacted the agents for WR Gibson and S Landry

Neither would be a surprise.

Landry is a guy several of us had the Bills targeting. Personally, I felt the Bills could and would go WR in the early rounds of the draft and they may still do that even with a signing of Gibson.

If Landry doesn't sign with us don't sleep on William Moore. I think Nix is targeting a guy that can play stronger against the run and Moore fits the Bill.
    Last edited by X-Era; 03-08-2013, 11:12 PM.

• Parzival
    This is a list: They're my demands
    • Aug 2012

Re: Rumor: The Bills have contacted the agents for WR Gibson and S Landry

They used a 3rd on Graham last year otherwise I'd like Swope in the 3rd this year, but I don't see a difference maker at WR in FA besides Wallace who we aren't getting.

Landry is a dirty player IMO, but that safety combo of him and Byrd would be beastly.
    Over thinking, over analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

Comment

• clumping platelets

DT DeVito makes sense as well....hope they get him

Comment

• fluteflakes
        • Jan 2013

Always liked Gibson. He's a deep threat and unlike our current deep threat, he can actually catch a pass or two.

Landry is an okay stop-gap. But he really needs to get his achillies fixed, it's been a problem for the past 3 seasons, and it shows on the field.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
          • Sep 2009

Hope they don't waste a dime on Landry, can't cover at all, flash player.

This will be his third team in three years.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Landry is damaged good, Gibson I'd take.

Comment

• venis2k1
              Youboty can hope
              • Jul 2002

The same site ties us to Antoine Cason, A player Buddy Nix helped draft in SD if im not mistaken.

Comment

• TrEd FTW
                • Sep 2008

Gibson had the fifth-worst drop rate in the league from 2009-11: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ide-receivers/ (can't find the data from last season). You can live with drops coming from highly productive receivers, but not mediocre Gibson types.

Comment

• Mouldsie
                  • Aug 2012

Gibson is trash.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                    Hope they don't waste a dime on Landry, can't cover at all, flash player.

This will be his third team in three years.
                    The Jets would like to keep Landry, but he is asking for $6 Mill & they don't have the money to pay him. I would take him in a NY JET minute.

Comment

• Bert102176
                      • Aug 2002

How about Dawan Landry the Jags released him and they had a decent D last year.
                      lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by fluteflakes View Post
                        Always liked Gibson. He's a deep threat and unlike our current deep threat, he can actually catch a pass or two.

Landry is an okay stop-gap. But he really needs to get his achillies fixed, it's been a problem for the past 3 seasons, and it shows on the field.
                        According to the ESPN splits machine, he's caught two passes of 30+ yards in his career. He has a career Y/C of only 12, which by comparison is .2 yards higher than Scott Chandler. He ran a 4.59 at his combine.

He may be a valuable signing, and maybe Bradford was holding him back, but I don't think he's a deep threat.
                        Last edited by IlluminatusUIUC; 03-09-2013, 01:40 AM.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

I have a feeling Laron Landry will be the "big" FA signing.

Comment

• fluteflakes
                            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                            According to the ESPN splits machine, he's caught two passes of 30+ yards in his career. He has a career Y/C of only 12, which by comparison is .2 yards higher than Scott Chandler. He ran a 4.59 at his combine.

He may be a valuable signing, and maybe Bradford was holding him back, but I don't think he's a deep threat.
                            Huh, I seem to remember him running a few deep plays with Bradford this year. Must have confused him with another of their receivers.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by fluteflakes View Post
                              Huh, I seem to remember him running a few deep plays with Bradford this year. Must have confused him with another of their receivers.
                              Chris Givens #13? He has a 16.6 y/c this year and a 4.41 40.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

Working...
                              X