PDA

View Full Version : Levitre being let go is odd, there must of been another reason

Skooby
03-09-2013, 09:41 AM
We didn't even offer our player a contract, he never missed a game in 4 seasons & not one snap in 46 games so what's up with that ?? There must be something else we're not hearing about for this to make sense, it's really odd.

Night Train
03-09-2013, 10:00 AM
18 Mil in cap space and a long list of needs including QB,LB,WR,CB,and on and on..

Only so much $$..

Skooby
03-09-2013, 10:12 AM
18 Mil in cap space and a long list of needs including QB,LB,WR,CB,and on and on..

Only so much $$..

How do you replace a guy that plays every play for 46 straight games ?

BertSquirtgum
03-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Hello, This is the Bills we're talking about. They replace him with a guy that gets paid 6 million a year and gets hurt in the 4th game of the year and then retires after the season.

YardRat
03-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Could be a plethora of reasons why it's at this point...

Maybe Levitre and his agent told the team what kind of dollars they were looking at, and Nix said see who bites.
Maybe Levitre just doesn't want to be here, despite his initial comment.
Maybe Marrone wants maulers, not ballet dancers, on the interior line.

madness
03-09-2013, 11:06 AM
He's a liability in the run game. As good as a passblocker he is, he can't push back DT's off the line. Not good for an interior lineman.

SABURZFAN
03-09-2013, 11:59 AM

Only so much $$..

and drafting Warmack to replace him would be cheaper.

Mike
03-09-2013, 12:05 PM
We didn't even offer our player a contract, he never missed a game in 4 seasons & not one snap in 46 games so what's up with that ?? There must be something else we're not hearing about for this to make sense, it's really odd.

This is why Building through the Draft Does NOT and WILL not Work for the Bills. When they draft or develop a player, that player ends up leaving after their first deal -or 2nd- and the Bills once again have to draft in order to now replace that player and if the drafted player excels that he too will end up leaving. Why did the Bills even bother drafting Levitre if they did not plan on resigning him in the prime of his career. Instead the Bills overpay guys like Kelsey.

YardRat
03-09-2013, 12:06 PM
Kelsay is a non-factor, he's gone.

coastal
03-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Kelsay is a non-factor, he's gone.
It's going to take awhile to sink in

gonzo1105
03-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Here are my thoughts on the situation without really any sources:

I think that Levitre was a perfect fit for what Gailey was trying to do because Levitre was an athletic pass protecting, get out on the edges run blocker while out of the spread.

Watching Marrone at Syracuse he tends to run a lot of straight forward power run plays with play action passing mixed in. This is not what Levitre's strengths are. He is not a straight forward mauler that Marrone's offense is most likely going to want. I think the new staff would take Levitre back but not for the money that he is going to require(prob 7-8 million).

Your absolutely right he is a durable player and he is probably a top 20 guard in the NFL but the money he is going to require for a player who might no longer fit the system we are trying to install might be the reason why he was not given a significant offer. It would not surprise me if the Bills made a push for Brandon Moore from the Jets, a guy who would fit this new system for a cheaper price(3-4 million) and then draft a Guard in the 3rd-4th round range such as a Larry Warford or Brian Winters who fit the same mold.

The Jokeman
03-09-2013, 12:22 PM

I think that Levitre was a perfect fit for what Gailey was trying to do because Levitre was an athletic pass protecting, get out on the edges run blocker while out of the spread.

Watching Marrone at Syracuse he tends to run a lot of straight forward power run plays with play action passing mixed in. This is not what Levitre's strengths are. He is not a straight forward mauler that Marrone's offense is most likely going to want. I think the new staff would take Levitre back but not for the money that he is going to require(prob 7-8 million).

Your absolutely right he is a durable player and he is probably a top 20 guard in the NFL but the money he is going to require for a player who might no longer fit the system we are trying to install might be the reason why he was not given a significant offer. It would not surprise me if the Bills made a push for Brandon Moore from the Jets, a guy who would fit this new system for a cheaper price(3-4 million) and then draft a Guard in the 3rd-4th round range such as a Larry Warford or Brian Winters who fit the same mold.

The problem is Moore is a RG and Levitre is a LG granted guys can play both but not always at the same sucess rate. I don't mind taking a chance on Moore if he's affordable but we had better also keep Rinehart too IMO and/or draft a guy in the 4-6 round.

pmoon6
03-09-2013, 12:36 PM
It's going to take awhile to sink inEspecially for you. Rock is not very porous.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-09-2013, 01:03 PM

Fantastic, because when I think "Straight forward power run game" I think "CJ Spiller."

Marrone needs to adapt his systems to his talent. Guys pounding square pegs into round holes is what gets us drafting guys like Troup, because we absolutely HAVE to run a 3-4. It's all the rage in Milan, darling.

THATHURMANATOR
03-09-2013, 01:07 PM

Everyone read this post then stop asking why Levitre is leaving. Levitre is going to get insane money, and doesn't fit the system. No brainer here!!

THATHURMANATOR
03-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Fantastic, because when I think "Straight forward power run game" I think "CJ Spiller."

Marrone needs to adapt his systems to his talent. Guys pounding square pegs into round holes is what gets us drafting guys like Troup, because we absolutely HAVE to run a 3-4. It's all the rage in Milan, darling.

Spiller's best runs were up the middle quick hitters.

YardRat
03-09-2013, 01:11 PM

Just get CJ to the second level, and let him take over from there.

ParanoidAndroid
03-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Nah. They were delayed handoffs that spread the linebackers out. He needs open space.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Spiller's best runs were up the middle quick hitters.

Nah. They were delayed handoffs that spread the linebackers out. He needs open space.

Android has it right here. CJ works up the middle after you've spread out the defense. If you are going to ask him to run between the tackles against power set defenses, you're negating his speed and elusiveness. Also remember that right now we have no fullbacks on the roster.

Just get CJ to the second level, and let him take over from there.

Well, yeah, if you get any halfback to the second level consistently then you're in great shape. That's why I want to keep Levitre in the first place.

SquishDaFish
03-09-2013, 01:49 PM
I think its because they like Wood better and he will be needing an extension soon. Its honestly going to take at least 7M a year to sign Levitre and they prob dont want to sink that plus the amount its going to take for Wood

YardRat
03-09-2013, 01:51 PM
I wish they'd replace Wood also.

BertSquirtgum
03-09-2013, 04:45 PM
I wish they'd replace Wood also.

Crazy talk. :crazy:

Crisis
03-09-2013, 06:09 PM
I think its because they like Wood better and he will be needing an extension soon. Its honestly going to take at least 7M a year to sign Levitre and they prob dont want to sink that plus the amount its going to take for Wood

Only the Bills would choose the guy who can't finish a season vs the one who has never missed a game.

The Jokeman
03-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Only the Bills would choose the guy who can't finish a season vs the one who has never missed a game.

Next to left OT, Center is viewed as the 2nd most important position on the O-line. Gs truly aren't valuable commodities, sure it's nice to have a good one but you can do pretty well with average ones too. Also as good as Levitre's been he still not been to a Pro Bowl so he's hardly elite as some have made him out to be.

Skooby
03-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Still doesn't make much sense unless someone is going to overpay for his services.

BertSquirtgum
03-09-2013, 07:22 PM
How does anyone on here know what's going on behind the scenes? For all we know the Bills told Levitre to go test the market and we'll match anyone if we can.

Skooby
03-09-2013, 07:42 PM
How does anyone on here know what's going on behind the scenes? For all we know the Bills told Levitre to go test the market and we'll match anyone if we can.

Isn't he the one of the top rated in the market ?? If so, wouldn't that drive up his price?

BillsFever21
03-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Next to left OT, Center is viewed as the 2nd most important position on the O-line. Gs truly aren't valuable commodities, sure it's nice to have a good one but you can do pretty well with average ones too. Also as good as Levitre's been he still not been to a Pro Bowl so he's hardly elite as some have made him out to be.

Since when is making the Pro Bowl the main gauge as far as performance goes? Especially when it comes to the OL when 90% of the fans voting probably can't even name 20 offensive linemen in the NFL. I'm sure some know of many popular Tackles but I bet even the most hardcore fans that keep track of many other teams couldn't name 10 guards in the NFL off the top of their head let alone your average or casual fan who mainly just watches their team and whatever good games are on.

How many players continue to make it every season based on their popularity while many better players are lucky to make it as a reserve? Once your name is recognized or popular many of the fans just vote for them guys because they have heard of them. Some of the better players will get some player votes but the fans votes make up a big chunk of who ends up going.

It hurts your cause even less when you are playing in a little city like Buffalo where outside of Buffalo fans hardly anyone cares about or pays any attention to the team or players. It's not like the Cowboys, Steelers, 49ers, Patriots or Packers and then any other teams that's having good seasons. It's a little easier with a skill position player where fantasy football fans will see the stats or the highlights on TV but the offensive line of other teams isn't a position that most people pay attention to. There are probably many casual fans of their own team who can't even name all of the starters on their offensive line.

Throw in all of that along with the fact that only 6 Guards made the Pro Bowl last year that doesn't mean a whole lot. In the AFC it was Mankins, Yanda, Smith, Beadles and Incognito. The theme with four of them guys are not only are they decent but they also play on the Patriots, Ravens, Texans, Broncos and the Dolphins. Four of the teams were the best teams in the AFC around the time voting was going on. Many fans are going to vote for somebody they have heard of or the player from one of the popular or good teams. How many people haven't heard of Richie Incognito because of his name and they hear it on Sports Center?

There are hardly many fans outside of Buffalo that can name anybody on our team on offense outside of Fitzpatrick, Spiller, Johnson and Jackson and that's only because their team played us, their in fantasy football or they watch all the highlights so they are bound to hear of them. On defense it's even less with any team let alone Buffalo. You might be able to name Mario Williams, Byrd, Dareus(because he was a high draft pick) and some maybe Kyle Williams but that's about it. With all them names listed many people probably never even heard of all of them or know them all off the top of their head unless they see or hear their name.

If Levitre played for a contending team in the playoffs and Super Bowl or for the Patriots or some other national team that has more fans outside of their city then Buffalo does total then he would be more well known. I'm sure GM's and players who go up against him have sure heard of him name and that's why he will be in big demand starting Monday.

Mainly the only Bills who make the Pro Bowl are there because they are a replacement to somebody voted in. Also the first one is your hardest one to make and after your name gets recognized it's a lot easier to make it. How many good players or guys having great seasons never make it? There's quite a bit of them.

And I guess if you only want to go by Pro Bowls then 4 of the 6 guards voted to the Pro Bowl this year are Super Bowl champions with their team and one of the other ones in Mike Iupati of San Francisco made the Super Bowl this year with most of them being re-signed by their team for top guard money at the time. Then Sitton of the Packers was a replacement.

I may be wrong but I think that the Patriots, Saints, Giants, Ravens, Packers know a little more about building Super Bowl teams let alone a playoff team which we can't even build. We can't even build a team with a winning record. If NFL guards were so unimportant and easy to replace then I would think that all of these Super Bowl teams with good guards wouldn't have bothered spending the money to re-sign them and would've used that money elsewhere. About 5 of the top 10 highest paid guards in the NFL are on teams that have won a Super Bowl.

I know the Bills have a much better plan of building a team then all of these Super Bowl winners but at least give them some credit since they have won a Super Bowl or multiple Super Bowls. Not everyone can construct a team as well as Buffalo but it's not like they are total losers who haven't even sniffed a playoff game in 13 years. Oh wait that's Buffalo that hasn't done that.

BertSquirtgum
03-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Isn't he the one of the top rated in the market ?? If so, wouldn't that drive up his price?

He's the top rated guard on free agency. He's going to command top dollar no matter what.

Skooby
03-09-2013, 08:55 PM
He's the top rated guard on free agency. He's going to command top dollar no matter what.

That's a good point, so the Bills were SOL from the start regardless for a right for his services. I can see how that logic plays into the equation in this case, I guess it's just a business decision as to how high it goes & if he's worth it.

BillsFever21
03-09-2013, 09:21 PM
That's a good point, so the Bills were SOL from the start regardless for a right for his services. I can see how that logic plays into the equation in this case, I guess it's just a business decision as to how high it goes & if he's worth it.

It's one thing if you legitimately try and re-sign a player to a fair market value contract but he just doesn't want to sign there no matter what or somebody else desperate or stupid offers an obscene amount of money(kind of like what we did with Mario Williams) which makes signing the player not worth it. When you low ball the guy or don't even really give any attempt to sign the guy that's a different story.

A good team would've had either Byrd or Levitre signed to an extension already and then had the tag to use on the other one to keep him around. Instead the Bills will overpay and spend 5 million on a #3 CB and probably a couple million or so and a worthless veteran guard. The same amount of money was spent but instead of one good player we get a couple average at best or dime a dozen players to fill the spot. That's the strategy the Bills have been using for the past 5+ years and we see how well that has worked out.

A bunch of average players(and cheap horrible coaches and GM) equals continued average records like we continue to have. We never really get any better or any worse. We always win between 5-7 games and repeat the process. The Bills would rather sign a bunch of average guys that they don't have to commit a bunch of guaranteed money for rather then pay out big money and find cheap competent compliments/replacements in the draft or FA. The only player they have really paid big mega money to was Mario Williams and they grossly overpaid for that contract. They gave him top QB money. Even when they finally do spend big money they don't even spend that wisely.

BertSquirtgum
03-09-2013, 09:43 PM
We have no idea whether the Bills did or didn't try to sign Levitre before free agency.

Skooby
03-09-2013, 10:32 PM
We have no idea whether the Bills did or didn't try to sign Levitre before free agency.

That's the whole point, we really don't know if the Bills reached out & Andy basically said let's see what happens. If you're in for a huge score by waiting, do you drag your feet or take the first offer? Common sense would tell you this is a business & he needs to check the market, you wouldn't sell a stock too early if avoidable.

Buddo
03-10-2013, 05:37 AM
In the situation the Bills are in, making an offer isn't necessarily the best way to go. They aren't overly blessed with cap space, and they have plenty of other needs. Finding out what Levitre wants, is one thing, but finding out what he wants after the market has opened, puts you in a much more realistic situation. There can be a lot of difference also, in what you are prepared to pay, and what you can pay. The Bills might be prepared to pay Levitre $7 million per, but can't see how to do it, without ignoring their other needs.
Players, understandably, aren't too interested in that sort of problem, but I'm sure it exists around the league.
It's also true that teams have different approaches when it comes to how they value positions, that will depend on scheme, to an extent.
Levitre is a terrific pass protector, but isn't as good in the running game. It should be common sense that the Bills will operate a heavier run-based offense, with the talent available to them. To the FO, that could take $1 million per, off of Levitre's value to them, as he isn't as good a run blocker as pass protector. Stuff like this, can factor in to how much we are prepared to pay, but it is always something that you don't find out about, hardly ever, or well after the fact. Before people start crying about 'moneyball', this type of thing has been going on for years in the NFL. 4-3 teams have traditionally paid their CBs way less than 3-4 teams, as a prime example, simply because they aren't required to have the higher degree of man to man coverage skills needed in a 3-4 system.

YardRat
03-10-2013, 08:41 AM
It's one thing if you legitimately try and re-sign a player to a fair market value contract but he just doesn't want to sign there no matter what or somebody else desperate or stupid offers an obscene amount of money(kind of like what we did with Mario Williams) which makes signing the player not worth it. When you low ball the guy or don't even really give any attempt to sign the guy that's a different story.

What is 'fair market value'? Should the fact that 7 teams are willing to grossly overpay for 10 guards determine what Levitre's value is to the Bills? Hell, the two teams that were actually stupid enough to pull it off twice and have both of their starting guards in the top 10 salaries didn't make the playoffs either, just like Buffalo.

Buddo makes a very good point, also. Maybe Levitre's value is higher if Gailey is still the coach...maybe not so much now, if Marrone likes stronger guys over the nimble-footed.

Skooby
03-10-2013, 09:06 AM
His play could be a major consideration, it's definitely not his durability.

SquishDaFish
03-10-2013, 09:07 AM
What is 'fair market value'? Should the fact that 7 teams are willing to grossly overpay for 10 guards determine what Levitre's value is to the Bills? Hell, the two teams that were actually stupid enough to pull it off twice and have both of their starting guards in the top 10 salaries didn't make the playoffs either, just like Buffalo.

Buddo makes a very good point, also. Maybe Levitre's value is higher if Gailey is still the coach...maybe not so much now, if Marrone likes stronger guys over the nimble-footed.

Very good point

ParanoidAndroid
03-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Sometimes I think the Patriots pay writers to hype up good players from teams in their division during their final contract year in order to inflate their market value.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-10-2013, 12:26 PM

Who?

tampabay25690
03-10-2013, 01:34 PM
How do you replace a guy that plays every play for 46 straight games ?

A Guard is probably the easiet postion to replace on the OL.
Move Glenn inside is what I think is going to be done.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-10-2013, 01:40 PM
A Guard is probably the easiet postion to replace on the OL.
Move Glenn inside is what I think is going to be done.

So, guard is easy to replace, let's move our left tackle inside so we now have to fill the hardest hole on the OLine?

tampabay25690
03-10-2013, 01:56 PM
So, guard is easy to replace, let's move our left tackle inside so we now have to fill the hardest hole on the OLine?

Yes Guard is much easier to replace.

tampabay25690
03-10-2013, 01:57 PM

Plus honestly do you want to see a Guard get $8 mill plus per season??? Especially with all the needs we have anyway?

IlluminatusUIUC
03-10-2013, 02:02 PM
Plus honestly do you want to see a Guard get $8 mill plus per season??? Especially with all the needs we have anyway?

Yes, he's one of our most consistent performers and I think the OL is second only to QB in importance. With a well-structured contract, we can still afford him and bring in a few small FAs.

First rule of holes: When you are in one, stop digging. We have a solid oline for the first time in close to 15 years - let's not break it up.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-10-2013, 02:07 PM

which is what i said weeks ago... but everyone was acting ******ed

tampabay25690
03-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Yes, he's one of our most consistent performers and I think the OL is second only to QB in importance. With a well-structured contract, we can still afford him and bring in a few small FAs.

First rule of holes: When you are in one, stop digging. We have a solid oline for the first time in close to 15 years - let's not break it up.

Hey Im with u sort of......I like Levitre alot but not for that type of money thats ridiculous.
You can draft a Guard or pick up a #Avg Guard and the OL wount drop play IMO....
Maybe the Bills are going after a LT and moving Glenn inside that would make a ton of sense.

Hey I know where you are coming from but the reality is thats a ton of $$$ to spend on a Guard.
I want to know who are QB is anyway........Thats wthe biggest ??? I have as of today.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Hey Im with u sort of......I like Levitre alot but not for that type of money thats ridiculous.
You can draft a Guard or pick up a #Avg Guard and the OL wount drop play IMO....
Maybe the Bills are going after a LT and moving Glenn inside that would make a ton of sense.

Hey I know where you are coming from but the reality is thats a ton of $$$ to spend on a Guard.
I want to know who are QB is anyway........Thats wthe biggest ??? I have as of today.

People keep saying "you can just plug in another guard and the quality wouldn't drop" but that's not exactly borne out by our history. When Ruben Brown left, we plugged in a parade of bums, including throwing crazy money at Dockery, because we couldn't just fill the position in. Years and years and years of watching guys like Richard Seymour and Vince Wilfork dominate our interior OL until we finally invested high picks on it and developed them. Lo and behold, we finally develop a decent run game and have one of the cleanest, least hit QBs in football.

But now we're back to thinking OL is just plug and play. And moving Glenn inside is even worse. If you think Guard is easy to replace, then how hard is it to replace a left tackle? We get a guy who looks like he might develop into a solid LT, and you want to move him. Filling the "easy" hole and opening the "hard" one?

kingJofNYC
03-10-2013, 02:48 PM
We made Dockery one of the highest paid guards in the league....ugh

Disaster of a franchise. There's no depth behind Levitre because Rinehart is an FA as well. No foresight by this franchise, mid round draft picks have been a disaster under Nix. Let a guy go and have no one to replace him with internally. More resources wasted in FA or the draft to fill a spot we new was coming open.

Love the way they run this team.

YardRat
03-10-2013, 02:58 PM
We made Dockery one of the highest paid guards in the league....ugh

Disaster of a franchise. There's no depth behind Levitre because Rinehart is an FA as well. No foresight by this franchise, mid round draft picks have been a disaster under Nix. Let a guy go and have no one to replace him with internally. More resources wasted in FA or the draft to fill a spot we new was coming open.

Love the way they run this team.

Definitely a concern that both remain unsigned. Don't know why they don't just throw slightly-less-than-Urbik numbers at Rhinehart and get him in the fold.

kingJofNYC
03-10-2013, 03:05 PM
Definitely a concern that both remain unsigned. Don't know why they don't just throw slightly-less-than-Urbik numbers at Rhinehart and get him in the fold.

Good OL draft might be a factor. Who knows what they're thinking.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-10-2013, 03:17 PM
donald thomas is good too

BillsFever21
03-10-2013, 03:56 PM
People keep saying "you can just plug in another guard and the quality wouldn't drop" but that's not exactly borne out by our history. When Ruben Brown left, we plugged in a parade of bums, including throwing crazy money at Dockery, because we couldn't just fill the position in. Years and years and years of watching guys like Richard Seymour and Vince Wilfork dominate our interior OL until we finally invested high picks on it and developed them. Lo and behold, we finally develop a decent run game and have one of the cleanest, least hit QBs in football.

But now we're back to thinking OL is just plug and play. And moving Glenn inside is even worse. If you think Guard is easy to replace, then how hard is it to replace a left tackle? We get a guy who looks like he might develop into a solid LT, and you want to move him. Filling the "easy" hole and opening the "hard" one?

I remember for a good five years everybody was screaming that we would never address and fix our pathetic OL outside of using 4th-7th round draft picks to try and fix the problem. We just kept swapping out horrible offensive linemen that didn't work out every year or two with another middle or late round draft pick

Four years ago we finally address it early in the draft with Wood and Levitre along with bringing in Urbik, etc. Our interior OL was finally settled and then they scored with Glenn at LT. Now that we finally have a good OL a lot of the fans and OBD just wants to break it up and sign a couple backup level players for the same money it would cost to keep it together. It doesn't make any sense.

Now we want to take the ONLY strength of our team and break up the continuity and get rid of our most successful and dependable lineman and also one of the only few good draft picks we have had over the past 5 years. We're already a bad team and now it's fine just to dismantle a key piece of the only successful unit we have on the team? And their solution to spend the money with is to keep or bring in already average to bad player(s) that won't make any of our other units a strength of the team either.

Then what's even best from some is they said we have to many holes on the team so we're better off creating another one that is actually playing good and sign a couple average at best players at other positions to fill them holes with the money it would cost. So now you filled two holes with average players but that position still isn't a strength of the team and now you have another hole to fill on the team. So what is some of their solution? Use one of our top draft picks to take another guard or draft a tackle and move Glenn inside and hope the one we draft works out as well.

Now that really makes a lot of sense. Get rid of the good player for two backup level players and then use a 1st or 2nd round draft pick to replace the good player you already had in hopes that his production will be just as good. So now we're already a team with a ton of holes and we want to use a 1st or 2nd round pick on a replacement that was already set on the team instead of using one of them draft picks to look for an upgrade to one of the other two positions you filled with a dime a dozen backup level players.

It's reasons like this why the Bills never get any better and we're always a 5-7 win team. If they don't plan on keeping a competent player they never have a competent replacement already in place to take his spot. Then to address the new one we let walk away they in return use another higher level draft pick to try and replace him and hope that he is just as good.

All we keep doing is treading water and outside of having horrible drafts almost every year especially outside of the first couple rounds we're always using our top draft picks on replacements for positions we were already set at. Instead of using them draft picks to try and build and improve on the team we already have we're just constantly looking to fill voids that were never needed. You will never build a team with that strategy and it hasn't came close to working yet.

We did it by trading McGahee for a 3rd round pick and then using a 1st round pick on Lynch. Then a couple years later we trade Lynch for a 4th and use another 1st round pick on Spiller. Maybe it will be time to trade Spiller after next year too and draft another RB in the 1st round. We also did it with Jason Peters but it worked out alright and we got a 1st round pick which we used to draft Eric Woods.

In fact that 2009 draft was the only good one we have really had in recent years outside of the horrible Maybin bust. Had we picked a real LB like Orakpo or others there it would have been a killer draft. Now it's time to get rid of one of them good pieces from that draft which we also gave gave up our 4th round draft pick to be able to move up from the 3rd round and into the 2nd round to draft him.