• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Levitre being let go is odd, there must of been another reason

We didn't even offer our player a contract, he never missed a game in 4 seasons & not one snap in 46 games so what's up with that ?? There must be something else we're not hearing about for this to make sense, it's really odd.
    Last edited by Skooby; 03-09-2013, 09:49 AM.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Levitre being let go is odd, there must of been another reason

18 Mil in cap space and a long list of needs including QB,LB,WR,CB,and on and on..

Only so much $$..
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
      18 Mil in cap space and a long list of needs including QB,LB,WR,CB,and on and on..

Only so much $$..
      How do you replace a guy that plays every play for 46 straight games ?

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        Legendary Zoner
        • May 2009

Hello, This is the Bills we're talking about. They replace him with a guy that gets paid 6 million a year and gets hurt in the 4th game of the year and then retires after the season.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Could be a plethora of reasons why it's at this point...

Maybe Levitre and his agent told the team what kind of dollars they were looking at, and Nix said see who bites.
          Maybe Levitre just doesn't want to be here, despite his initial comment.
          Maybe Marrone wants maulers, not ballet dancers, on the interior line.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• madness
            • Apr 2003

He's a liability in the run game. As good as a passblocker he is, he can't push back DT's off the line. Not good for an interior lineman.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post

Only so much $$..

and drafting Warmack to replace him would be cheaper.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Mike
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                We didn't even offer our player a contract, he never missed a game in 4 seasons & not one snap in 46 games so what's up with that ?? There must be something else we're not hearing about for this to make sense, it's really odd.
                This is why Building through the Draft Does NOT and WILL not Work for the Bills. When they draft or develop a player, that player ends up leaving after their first deal -or 2nd- and the Bills once again have to draft in order to now replace that player and if the drafted player excels that he too will end up leaving. Why did the Bills even bother drafting Levitre if they did not plan on resigning him in the prime of his career. Instead the Bills overpay guys like Kelsey.
                Please Make Sense

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Kelsay is a non-factor, he's gone.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• coastal
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                    Kelsay is a non-factor, he's gone.
                    It's going to take awhile to sink in

Comment

• gonzo1105
                      • Jul 2002

Here are my thoughts on the situation without really any sources:

I think that Levitre was a perfect fit for what Gailey was trying to do because Levitre was an athletic pass protecting, get out on the edges run blocker while out of the spread.

Watching Marrone at Syracuse he tends to run a lot of straight forward power run plays with play action passing mixed in. This is not what Levitre's strengths are. He is not a straight forward mauler that Marrone's offense is most likely going to want. I think the new staff would take Levitre back but not for the money that he is going to require(prob 7-8 million).

Your absolutely right he is a durable player and he is probably a top 20 guard in the NFL but the money he is going to require for a player who might no longer fit the system we are trying to install might be the reason why he was not given a significant offer. It would not surprise me if the Bills made a push for Brandon Moore from the Jets, a guy who would fit this new system for a cheaper price(3-4 million) and then draft a Guard in the 3rd-4th round range such as a Larry Warford or Brian Winters who fit the same mold.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by gonzo1105 View Post

I think that Levitre was a perfect fit for what Gailey was trying to do because Levitre was an athletic pass protecting, get out on the edges run blocker while out of the spread.

Watching Marrone at Syracuse he tends to run a lot of straight forward power run plays with play action passing mixed in. This is not what Levitre's strengths are. He is not a straight forward mauler that Marrone's offense is most likely going to want. I think the new staff would take Levitre back but not for the money that he is going to require(prob 7-8 million).

Your absolutely right he is a durable player and he is probably a top 20 guard in the NFL but the money he is going to require for a player who might no longer fit the system we are trying to install might be the reason why he was not given a significant offer. It would not surprise me if the Bills made a push for Brandon Moore from the Jets, a guy who would fit this new system for a cheaper price(3-4 million) and then draft a Guard in the 3rd-4th round range such as a Larry Warford or Brian Winters who fit the same mold.
                        The problem is Moore is a RG and Levitre is a LG granted guys can play both but not always at the same sucess rate. I don't mind taking a chance on Moore if he's affordable but we had better also keep Rinehart too IMO and/or draft a guy in the 4-6 round.

Comment

• pmoon6
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                          It's going to take awhile to sink in
                          Especially for you. Rock is not very porous.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                            • Sep 2012

Watching Marrone at Syracuse he tends to run a lot of straight forward power run plays with play action passing mixed in.
                            This is not what Levitre's strengths are. He is not a straight forward mauler that Marrone's offense is most likely going to want. I think the new staff would take Levitre back but not for the money that he is going to require(prob 7-8 million).

Fantastic, because when I think "Straight forward power run game" I think "CJ Spiller."

Marrone needs to adapt his systems to his talent. Guys pounding square pegs into round holes is what gets us drafting guys like Troup, because we absolutely HAVE to run a 3-4. It's all the rage in Milan, darling.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Everyone read this post then stop asking why Levitre is leaving. Levitre is going to get insane money, and doesn't fit the system. No brainer here!!

Comment

Working...
                              X