PDA

View Full Version : I would trade for Boldin

clumping platelets
03-09-2013, 01:13 PM
He has one year remaining at $6 million. Get him to agree to a 1 or 2 yr extension that lowers his 2013 cap number to the $4 million range and "git'r dun!"

Give up swap of 2nd rd picks

Jaybird
03-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Ravens told him he will be cut if he doesn't restructure. Also, he said he would retire if the ravens let him go (i don't believe it), but traded a second is not worth it

clumping platelets
03-09-2013, 01:22 PM
swap of 2nd's not give up our 2nd

X-Era
03-09-2013, 01:22 PM
I think he will be cut and available.

For 4 mill in cap hit I would do that.

clumping platelets
03-09-2013, 01:26 PM
There are times where making a trade is better........trade guarantees acquisition.

YardRat
03-09-2013, 01:34 PM
I thought he declared if he doesn't play for the ravens, he won't play for anybody.

Skooby
03-09-2013, 01:40 PM
If he's cut, you look at him then & only.

SquishDaFish
03-09-2013, 01:47 PM
He said he would retire if he is done with Ravens

YardRat
03-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Just said on NFLN that he refused a pay cut and may be re-thinking the retirement thingie.

Mike
03-09-2013, 02:07 PM
He said he would retire if he is done with Ravens

You realize that talk is just that, talk. If he told you he would win the lottery tomorrow would you take that to the bank? PLayers talk and posture all of the time. Sometimes it is emotional, like after wining an SB, and other times it is strategic.

It sounds like, he really wants to play for the Ravens and was willing to take a pay cut however not a huge one. Further, he does not want to be traded to some team he does not approve of. So, in response he says if you dont pay me right, I might retire -thus killing his trade value. Now he is saying that he might be open to FA if he is released. Lets see how it plays out.

Bangarang
03-09-2013, 02:39 PM
I'm sure he'd jump at the opportunity to sign here and catch passes from Fitz.

BillsFever21
03-09-2013, 09:48 PM
He isn't retiring after having a decent season in Baltimore. Like somebody else said he either wants to stay with them or be released where he can go wherever he chooses. The last thing he would want at this point in his career is to be traded to some crappy team without a chance of winning. He spent years on a losing team in Arizona until towards the end and finally got a taste of really winning on a regular basis with Baltimore. I highly doubt he wants to go back to that again unless he got a ton of money to finish out his career.

I definitely wouldn't swap 2nd round picks for him either even if we had the chance. If this team was built to win now and didn't have so many holes then that would be different but this team isn't winning now with or without Boldin. I'd rather take a player that could be around for a while as long as the Bills re-signed them and didn't let them walk like their other few decent draft picks. If I were to trade for him I'd rather give up a 4th round pick and be done with it. At his age and money he probably wouldn't command much if any more then that to begin with when comparing it to other trades. Teams value draft picks because they get a young guy cheap for several years.

We have too many holes to fill and that 2nd round pick could most likely be a QB especially if we don't draft one with our first round pick. By the end of the 2nd round all of the top QB's will be off the board by then. If we did draft a QB in the first round we could still get one of the better linebackers, safeties or wide receivers with that draft pick. God knows we need all three of them especially at linebacker and somebody to play alongside Stevie Johnson for at least the next four years or so.

Buddo
03-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Give up our 6th rounder, add an extra year to his current deal, guarantee a 3rd of it, as a signing bonus, and job done, with less of a cap hit involved.
When you aren't that quick to begin with, and made your living making the tough catches, losing a step doesn't matter anywhere near as much, especially when you are as tough as Boldin is.

stuckincincy
03-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Give up our 6th rounder, add an extra year to his current deal, guarantee a 3rd of it, as a signing bonus, and job done, with less of a cap hit involved.
When you aren't that quick to begin with, and made your living making the tough catches, losing a step doesn't matter anywhere near as much, especially when you are as tough as Boldin is.

He's been on-and-off banged up through the years. I'd be circumspect. A couple of years ago, Owner Brown of CIN got stung by WR Antonio Bryant for a signing bonus - 4 mill or more, IIRC. Bryant refused to disclose medical info (those medical privacy laws - which are a joke 99.95% of the time, but not in this case), and after getting the check, never even stepped into training camp.

TacklingDummy
03-10-2013, 11:14 AM
That Joe Flacco deal is looking great.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-10-2013, 02:53 PM
I'm sure he'd jump at the opportunity to sign here and catch passes from Fitz.

Maybe he's taken enough headshots that we could say

"Hey! You get to play with a Fitz from Arizona!" and he gets confused and signs.

Buddo
03-11-2013, 05:36 PM
He's been on-and-off banged up through the years. I'd be circumspect. A couple of years ago, Owner Brown of CIN got stung by WR Antonio Bryant for a signing bonus - 4 mill or more, IIRC. Bryant refused to disclose medical info (those medical privacy laws - which are a joke 99.95% of the time, but not in this case), and after getting the check, never even stepped into training camp.

TBH, he's been like most slot receivers - they can't help getting banged up. Got the pick value right though. ;)