PDA

View Full Version : Rolston puts Rochester line together Foligno, Flynn,Porter

DetDannyWilliams
03-10-2013, 02:50 PM
Rolston has paired two recent Rochester call-ups, center Kevin Porter and winger Brian Flynn, with pre-lockout Amerk Marcus Foligno and the trio has given the Sabres plenty of time with the puck in scoring range.

Foligno spent time in Rochester playing with Flynn and Cody Hodgson. Porter played mostly with Mark Mancari. The three never played together in the AHL but Rolston liked their dynamics when he started tinkering with combinations here.

http://buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130310/SPORTS/130319929/1004

rbochan
03-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Too bad Foligno is sucking ass.

Night Train
03-12-2013, 08:03 AM
Too bad Foligno is sucking ass.

He looks completely lost this year. WTF happened ?

PTI
03-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Foligno was never that good, he got a lot of sloppy goals last year, lots of bubble hockey jam at the puck dirty goals.

Dude needs to hit the minors, and hit the weight room, or something. He is knocked off the puck way too often for a big guy. I think I have seen him try and drive the net about 10 times this year too and he never even gets a shot off. I don't know how he has as many shots on goal as he has, really. He has the lowest shooting % on the team of anyone that has a goal.

PTI
03-13-2013, 09:19 AM
Foligno was never that good, he got a lot of sloppy goals last year, lots of bubble hockey jam at the puck dirty goals.

Dude needs to hit the minors, and hit the weight room, or something. He is knocked off the puck way too often for a big guy. I think I have seen him try and drive the net about 10 times this year too and he never even gets a shot off. I don't know how he has as many shots on goal as he has, really. He has the lowest shooting % on the team of anyone that has a goal.

Who should I rip on today?

SabreEleven
03-13-2013, 09:20 AM
Stafford. He is useless.

PTI
03-13-2013, 09:23 AM
Enroth is now the hot hand, 2 games where the results were not that bad for him, he should play the next few.

Mski
03-13-2013, 09:44 AM
Enroth is now the hot hand, 2 games where the results were not that bad for him, he should play the next few.
he may be our starter before the end of the month... there are more than one ""expert"" speculating that miller will be on the move this year

Cleve
03-13-2013, 11:55 AM
Wouldn't surprise me to see Miller leave. The frustration has to be tremendous - He'd be in the playoffs if he was in the net on a half-way decent team - but the most likely possibility is the Sabres will be left out of the post-season for the 2nd year in a row. And there's no sign of improvement - Pegula seems to be developing a siege-mentality where he has cut off contact with the media and the fans.... and appears grimly determined, beyond any rational reason, to stay the course with Darcy Regier - and clearly most of the team's current problems are a result of Regier's management and personnel selections, not Ruff.

Regier should have been shown the door when Terry took over. I guess Pegula could surprise everyone and can Regier, like he did Ruff. But unfortunately I don't think that's gonna happen. Miller must figure that Regier's greasy fingerprints will be all over this team for at least another 2 or 3 seasons, if not longer. Time to cut the losses and leave, especially if he wants to hold the Stanley Cup sometime before he retires.

PTI
03-13-2013, 12:28 PM
I am starting to doubt Rolston being her next year now too. Bad spot for him.

Cleve
03-13-2013, 12:34 PM
I am starting to doubt Rolston being her next year now too. Bad spot for him.

Yeah, he's got the highest paid, least talented and cohesive roster in the NHL to work with. It's Regier's team, but he's set up to be the fall guy for it.