PDA

View Full Version : Danario Alexander - The receiver we should target

mjt328
03-10-2013, 06:14 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5821/danario-alexander

Looks like I'm a day late on this one. But if we are looking for a bargain on a potential superstar at wide receiver, here you go.

I'm not exactly sure how the RFA rules work, but from what I understand - this basically makes Alexander the same as an unrestricted free agent. He's got just as much talent as Mike Wallace, but would come at a fraction of the price.

We want a bigger receiver. He is 6'5, 24 years old and has tremendous ability. Being from St. Louis, I remember him flashing lots of potential, but he just couldn't stay clear of injuries. I'm absolutely certain they would have held onto him, if it wasn't for his injury troubles the 4-5 other young receivers the Rams added to their roster. I snatched him up on my fantasy roster right after he signed with San Diego, and I caught quite a few Chargers games late in the year. His play was tremendous, and he looks to be clear of his knee troubles.

BillsFever21
03-10-2013, 06:25 PM
I would definitely take a chance on him if the price was right. With our horrible salary cap mismanagement and after signing McKelvin to a horrible contract that doesn't leave us much money left after we set aside money to sign our draft picks along with an emergency fund for mid-season moves when injuries come around.

How we can be so little under the cap with this horrible roster while other crappy teams like the Browns and others have 30-40 million in cap space is beyond me. That's what happens when you keep re-signing a bunch of average backup level players to contracts for 3-5 million a year when you could get the same production out of a late round draft pick for 500k-1 million dollars.

He basically only played in 9 games last year. If you spread his stats out over the course of 16 games it would break down to over 1,150 yards and 12 TD's. He played good after getting picked up by the Chargers and could be a decent find for the right price. He isn't anybody I would commit a long-term deal to though. We already spent most of our available money anyway on a #3 corner for 5 million dollars a year. Unless the contract was small and/or back loaded then we would have trouble signing him even if he wanted to come here.

ServoBillieves
03-10-2013, 07:05 PM
James Hardy is the answer.

gonzo1105
03-10-2013, 09:08 PM
Basically the San Diego Chargers only offered him the original tender of 1.3 million dollars and since Alexander was an UDFA because of all his knee troubles in college, anyone who signs him would have to give the Chargers no compensation. The only catch is you would have to sign him to a decent deal because the Chargers will have the opportunity to match any offer they get for Alexander. Maybe that is there plan. Let someone else make the offer and then determine whether Alexander is worth keeping around. Still, I think he is worth the gamble. He has the potential to become exactly what were looking for.