PDA

View Full Version : Interesting - 2013 Dead Cap Hit Drops To 3 Mil If Fitz Is Cut After 4pm Tuesday

Night Train
03-11-2013, 06:28 AM
Dead cap hit on Fitz drops from 10 mil + to 3 Mil, if cut after 4pm Tuesday. He is due to get his 3 Mil bonus on Wed, if I got my info straight. Feel free to correct if I'm wrong. Dead cap hit in 2014 would be 7 Mil. Below is from PFT. Could explain the wait. Should be an interesting week.

If the Bills cut him before Tuesday, they’ll carry $10 million in dead money. If they cut him on Tuesday after 4:00 p.m. ET with a post-June 1 designation, his cap hit would drop to $3 million this year and $7 million in 2014.

swiper
03-11-2013, 06:31 AM
If this is the case, I would think they are scurrying to rengotiate a newer, cap-friendly deal if they want to keep him.

Novacane
03-11-2013, 08:14 AM
I want him totally off the cap in 2014. Cut him today!

Joe Fo Sho
03-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Isn't 2014 when the Salary Cap takes a huge jump up because of the new TV money?

justasportsfan
03-11-2013, 08:26 AM
Rather than start another thread I'll just ask your thoughts about the WCO. I'm hearing it's a system that fits Fitz since it doesn't require a whole lot of deep throws. If MArrones system requires a smart player then Fitz is one to pick things up quickly. Thoughts?

PS- I am not advocating to keep Fitz.

venis2k1
03-11-2013, 08:28 AM
Isn't 2014 when the Salary Cap takes a huge jump up because of the new TV money?

I think so, but its also when Marios cap number jumps to about 20 million.

PTI
03-11-2013, 08:52 AM
Rather than start another thread I'll just ask your thoughts about the WCO. I'm hearing it's a system that fits Fitz since it doesn't require a whole lot of deep throws. If MArrones system requires a smart player then Fitz is one to pick things up quickly. Thoughts?

PS- I am not advocating to keep Fitz.

Why is Fitz a smart player? I see this posted all the time. He makes boneheaded decisions all the time. He runs smack dab into linebackers and safeties, I mean, he tries to run through them. There is nothing smart about his game to me. He plays more like and untalented Jim Kelly. No one ever called Kelly smart, no one ever called Favre smart how they played.

Fitz is not a smart player at all, and combine that with no arm, not a good combination.

justasportsfan
03-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Why is Fitz a smart player? I see this posted all the time. He makes boneheaded decisions all the time. He runs smack dab into linebackers and safeties, I mean, he tries to run through them. There is nothing smart about his game to me. He plays more like and untalented Jim Kelly. No one ever called Kelly smart, no one ever called Favre smart how they played.

Fitz is not a smart player at all, and combine that with no arm, not a good combination.

he's smart. problem is, his body can't cash in what his brain tells him to do.

PTI
03-11-2013, 09:00 AM
he's smart. problem is, his body can't cash in what his brain tells him to do.

Did you read what you just typed? I go to the gym, I know what my max weight is that I can put on the bar. I do not ever put any more than that. Fitz constantly puts more on the bar. That is not smart.

justasportsfan
03-11-2013, 09:07 AM
Did you read what you just typed? I go to the gym, I know what my max weight is that I can put on the bar. I do not ever put any more than that. Fitz constantly puts more on the bar. That is not smart.

pushing weights different from having to throw a ball in a tight spot in a split second or having to throw deep when the plays calls for it but your arm isn't strong enough.

Mr. Miyagi
03-11-2013, 09:20 AM
I know the technique involved in juggling 5 chainsaws, just flick your wrists consistently at the right time while anticipating to catch the one falling down, but hell if I had the hand-eye coordination to try it.

jamze132
03-11-2013, 09:22 AM
I think I would just rather rid ourselves of the torture of having to watch him throw another late interception to lose the game.

Night Train
03-11-2013, 09:26 AM
I know the technique involved in juggling 5 chainsaws, just flick your wrists consistently at the right time while anticipating to catch the one falling down, but hell if I had the hand-eye coordination to try it.

I'm sensing a Python sketch. ( It's just a flesh wound ! )

Even on the quick, short area slants, Fitz was off on half of them. That's leaving a lot of plays out on the field, due to his inability to get playmakers the ball.

Not trying to think like Brandon (shoot me) from a marketing perspective...but I don't see how anyone could possibly sell Fitz to the ticket buying public going forward. He received far too much negative reviews the last 1 1/2 years and is finished in the eyes of most.

clumping platelets
03-11-2013, 09:36 AM
This is only if the Bills designate Fitzpatrick as a "post June 1st" release

better days
03-11-2013, 09:52 AM
If this is the case, I would think they are scurrying to rengotiate a newer, cap-friendly deal if they want to keep him.

The fact they have not asked Fitz to renogotiate yet leads me to think he will get cut Tuesday at 4:01 PM.

Night Train
03-11-2013, 10:16 AM
I don't know what to think. Shefter telling Murphy that he thinks Fitz will return.

Why I must listen to this ? ...They share the same agent. :down:

SpikedLemonade
03-11-2013, 11:03 AM
They have to cut Fitz tomorrow.

You just know he will start on Opening Day if he is on the roster.

OpIv37
03-11-2013, 11:23 AM
If we cut Fitz, it's just going to make Nix's desperation for a QB in the draft that much more obvious. Other teams that may want a QB will know they have to get ahead of us or overdraft one that may be there in the 2nd.

Don't get me wrong- that on its own is not a reason to keep Fitz. I'm just saying that there are some unintended consequences.

better days
03-11-2013, 12:42 PM
If we cut Fitz, it's just going to make Nix's desperation for a QB in the draft that much more obvious. Other teams that may want a QB will know they have to get ahead of us or overdraft one that may be there in the 2nd.

Don't get me wrong- that on its own is not a reason to keep Fitz. I'm just saying that there are some unintended consequences.

NONSENSE, EVERYONE already knows the Bills are DESPERATE for a QB.

The fact they have not made an attempt to reneogiate his contract is telling. I doubt they would keep him on the team this year with his current contract or it would affect the cap next year. If they had any thought of keeping him, I think a new contract would have already been done.

Bangarang
03-11-2013, 12:49 PM

Shouldn't it be obvious to other teams that we desperately need a QB regardless of what we do with Fitz?

justasportsfan
03-11-2013, 12:50 PM
If we cut Fitz, it's just going to make Nix's desperation for a QB in the draft that much more obvious.

I think he made that obvious when he stated that publicly.

OpIv37
03-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Shouldn't it be obvious to other teams that we desperately need a QB regardless of what we do with Fitz?

Yeah, but with a weak QB draft class, Nix might be able to trick some teams into thinking that he's gonna concentrate on other positions and worry about QB next year. Unlikely, but with Fitz off the roster it goes from unlikely to impossible.

Night Train
03-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Fitz isn't even a pawn in the chess game.

Teams know he's not even in the game... because everyone saw him play and Nix told the world he needed a QB.

Let the off-season play out. We KNOW ..nothing..