X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Polian: free agents changing systems tricky

This article makes me wonder that since Marrone brought in so many SU coaches if he will follow suit and go hard after Nassib...that being said, I really wouldn't be surprised to see us grab Nassib with the #8 pick just to make sure they get him.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Polian: free agents changing systems tricky

Taking Nassib at 8 would be dumb. It leaves too many other players at positions of need still on the board for the sake of gambling on a QB.

I hope we can grab him in the 2nd, but taking him at 8 just wreaks of desperation.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      Taking Nassib at 8 would be dumb. It leaves too many other players at positions of need still on the board for the sake of gambling on a QB.

I hope we can grab him in the 2nd, but taking him at 8 just wreaks of desperation.
      If Marrone & Nix are SOLD on Nassib, they may take him at #8 rather than gamble that the Jets won't take him at #9. I know the Jets are interested in him & they can cut Sanchez next year so it would make sense to bring in a QB this year for them.

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

I would be shocked if Nassib goes in the first round. I know QBs go a round earlier than their value however, Nassib has done nothing to stand above the other QBs to warrant a first round selection. I personally think he will be taken in round three.

Comment

• jamze132
          • Jun 2003

If we take a QB other than Geno Smith at #8, I'm going to start my annual "punch a baby" thread.

Comment

• Buddo
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by jpdex12 View Post
            http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/0...ystems-tricky/

This article makes me wonder that since Marrone brought in so many SU coaches if he will follow suit and go hard after Nassib...that being said, I really wouldn't be surprised to see us grab Nassib with the #8 pick just to make sure they get him.
            I think it's irrelevant to taking any QB in the first couple of rounds. The NFL and its requirements for success, are actually a lot different to college ball, and any rookie QB will be expected to learn a new system regardless. Marrone won't be using the same offense he had at Syracuse, for starters.

Its relevancy is to FAs who you bring in. Guys who are familiar with a system are going to be successful, sooner.
            Polian isn't saying anything that shouldn't be pretty self-evident, as you look at guys around the NFL, who change teams. While people all expect vets to just slot in and perform , it tends to be the better players who have the ability to do so, unless they have system familiarity.
            It's probably also easier for some position groups than others, in terms of adapting.
            I'd say also, that the better coaches, will get their new FAs up to speed, or have things worked out to suit them, a lot quicker than others.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
              If Marrone & Nix are SOLD on Nassib, they may take him at #8 rather than gamble that the Jets won't take him at #9. I know the Jets are interested in him & they can cut Sanchez next year so it would make sense to bring in a QB this year for them.
              Well they better be pretty damn sure if they do that. If he turns out to be a good QB, in two years no one will care that he was overdrafted. If he doesn't turn out to be good, then we have an historic deaf flop and Nix and Marrone will look like idiots. It won't be Jamarcus Russell bad but it'll be another Ted Ginn Jr moment.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

Well they better be pretty damn sure if they do that. If he turns out to be a good QB, in two years no one will care that he was overdrafted. If he doesn't turn out to be good, then we have an historic deaf flop and Nix and Marrone will look like idiots. It won't be Jamarcus Russell bad but it'll be another Ted Ginn Jr moment.
                Even though it was the Fish, I still cringe when I see footage of when Ginn was drafted...
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• jpdex12
                  • Jan 2005

I hear that and I think most of us would agree. Getting him in Round 2 would be ideal but I don't think it's going to happen. I think there will be other teams jumping back into the bottom of Round 1 for a couple of these QBs. Our best scenario is if one of those top LTs are still on the board and some team decides to trade with us to get him and we move back a bit but then you still run the risk of losing Nassib to the Jets if we are set on going after him. This brings up the mindset of if you want someone bad enough you get him when you can just like the Vikings and Titans did with Ponder and Rotator Cuff boy...and just like the Jets did with Sanchez before that. I would much rather see us grab someone like Ogletree at #8 and Nassib in Round 2 but I'm preparing for us to go after our QB with #8. The only scenario that will trump this is if OBD thinks that there are two QBs like Nassib and Wilson who are the type QB they want and they gamble that one is left to get in Round 2.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                    • Sep 2012

I don't think any other team is nearly as high on Nassib as the Bills would be. I am very confident he would be there in round 2.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• jpdex12
                      • Jan 2005

Devil's advocate, if he is the QB you want can you gamble and wait until Round 2 or will he be gone by then and you are left with *****hook Fitz and Jackson?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Oldie but goodie

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jpdex12 View Post
                          Devil's advocate, if he is the QB you want can you gamble and wait until Round 2 or will he be gone by then and you are left with *****hook Fitz and Jackson?
                          That just wreaks of either desperation or a Donahoe-esque "I'm going to use nest year's first round draft choice on JP Losman because I'm smarter than everyone who is saying that its a dumb idea" decision.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

I really doubt the Vikings will take a QB in the first 2 rounds but point well taken about if we want someone then let's not risk it and just take him at #8.

Hard to imagine Nassib being the first QB taken though, not that I like Geno Smith that much.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                              The best part of that clip is when they go back to the ESPN talking heads and one of them says "what do fans know?"

Yup, those highly paid NFL scouts and GM's sure showed up the fans on that one.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X