4 Philadelphia Eagles Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
5 Detroit Lions Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
6 Cleveland Browns Dion Jordan, OLB/DE, Oregon
7 Arizona Cardinals Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
8 Buffalo Bills Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia

No other QB's in the first. Thoughts?

Don't Panic
03-11-2013, 08:12 PM
Saw that... I'd have no complaints. Hard to say there's anyone left who could be as much of a home run pick as him. It would add a nice touch of nasty to the front 7, which is sorely needed.

jpdex12
03-11-2013, 08:14 PM
I think that's the best and most realistic draft I've seen mop head complete!

tampabay25690
03-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Would be fine with Jarvis Jones

Jeff1220
03-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Mel...so that's a mock that we can expect not to actually happen.

venis2k1
03-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Jarvis Jones...what a conundrum. Immense talent, great leader, elite pass rusher. But i gotta be honest, the spinal stenosis scares the crap outta me. I know "its mild" "NFL doctors have cleared him" yada yada yada. However USC doctors wouldnt clear him to play. And that has to say something.
In 2009, Jarvis Jones was playing for USC vs Oregon. He suffered a pretty routine hit, but Jones stayed on the turf with a neck injury and was pulled out of the game as a precaution. Doctors diagnosed a mild case of spinal stenosis. USC advised Jones to stop playing football and refused to clear him for contact.

Here is a list of some of the players who have had their career ended shortly by Spinal Stenosis:

- Cooper Manning – older brother of Peyton and Eli – was diagnosed with the condition in 1992. It ended his career. Archie Manning had both other brothers tested immediately afterwards due to the severity of the issue. Neither had the condition.

- Michael Irvin retired in 1999 after receiving advice from doctors. He was diagnosed with spinal stenosis after suffering a non-life-threatening spinal injury in a game against the Philadelphia Eagles. The injury cut short a Hall of Fame career.

- Marcus McNeill was diagnosed with the condition prior to the 2006 NFL draft and it forced his fall into round two. One of the most talented offensive lineman to enter the league in recent memory was the seventh tackle to leave the board that year. At the age of just 28 he has been forced to retire, despite signing a six-year, $49 million with the Chargers after an impressive start to his pro career.

- Chris Samuels was the #3 overall pick in 2000, having built a reputation blocking for Shaun Alexander at Alabama. He spent nine years with the Washington Redskins before retiring aged 32. The reason? Samuels suffered temporary upper-body paralysis after a big hit in pass protection against the Carolina Panthers in 2009. The issue was blamed on spinal stenosis, a condition he was diagnosed with as a child. He was advised to cease playing immediately.

Im not saying that we should take him off our board, but we should understand the risks involved.

THRILLHO
03-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Mel has been around long enough to know QBs get over drafted in the first round. Then again, it is Mel Kiper Jr. I expect at least 3 to go in round one.

Bangarang
03-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Mel has been around long enough to know QBs get over drafted in the first round. Then again, it is Mel Kiper Jr. I expect at least 3 to go in round one.

In Mel's defense, he is in the top 5 among people in the media in having the most accurate mock drafts.

Mike
03-11-2013, 10:29 PM
1 Kansas City Chiefs Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
2 Jacksonville Jaguars Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
3 Oakland Raiders Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida

I really like the Jones pick. If he clears medical, he is a steal at 8!

fluteflakes
03-12-2013, 12:21 AM
Just an FYI, several independent doctors have said that he DOESN'T have Spinal Stenosis, will find the link tomorrow.

jamze132
03-12-2013, 05:28 AM
Jarvis Jones is my number 1 choice for us!

X-Era
03-12-2013, 05:31 AM
1 Kansas City Chiefs Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
2 Jacksonville Jaguars Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
3 Oakland Raiders Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida

Kipers been down on the concept of first round QB's this year for a while. And I don't disgaree based on just overall ranking. But, we know a few will go in the 1st.

Kiper tends to go with where a prospect should go over where they likely will be drafted. And that can be very different. Especially at QB.

Night Train
03-12-2013, 06:09 AM
My thoughts are " Thank God 98 % of these mocks never come true "

Mahdi
03-12-2013, 06:58 AM
Jones would be a steal at 8 based on his talent and production. Would also be the perfect fit for a hybrid defense.