PDA

View Full Version : Drayton Florence flying to WNY

The King
03-12-2013, 09:46 AM
According to his Twitter page.

Mahdi
03-12-2013, 09:52 AM
Wasn't he abused this past year in Detroit?

Are we doing our best to re-sign players that have been associated with failure? I could live with Scott, and somehow manage to justify Mckelvin but if we sign Florence then I think I start to question how much different we are then we have been the last 13 years....

Skooby
03-12-2013, 09:52 AM
Oh no, this isn't good.

OpIv37
03-12-2013, 09:54 AM
Florence was good three years ago then terrible the year after that. I don't know how he did last season, but he's two full seasons removed from his last good year in Buffalo. I can't imagine he's gotten better with age.

Mr. Miyagi
03-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Wasn't he abused this past year in Detroit?

Are we doing our best to re-sign players that have been associated with failure? I could live with Scott, and somehow manage to justify Mckelvin but if we sign Florence then I think I start to question how much different we are then we have been the last 13 years....
Cheap vet for insurance is a bad idea but trading our 1st round pick out of only 6 picks for Victor Cruz is a good idea, when we have huge holes at LB and QB?

Jaybird
03-12-2013, 10:16 AM
move him to safety

psubills62
03-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Sure hope not.

Mahdi
03-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Cheap vet for insurance is a bad idea but trading our 1st round pick out of only 6 picks for Victor Cruz is a good idea, when we have huge holes at LB and QB?

I never said trading for Cruz was a good idea. I gave the pros and cons to doing so. In the end, I wouldn't do it only because our pick is top 10, albeit in a weak top 10.

As for Florence, there are way better options than him out there. DeAngelo Hall being one, Cox, Sean Smith, Cary Williams etc.

venis2k1
03-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Uggghhh... seriously? Thats not a spalsh, its a plunk.

We resigned him to a 3 year deal in 11..he would still be under contract with us if we didnt cut him last May...After leaving the bills the Broncos signed him, then cut him...then the lions signed him and chose to let him walk.

This is gonna piss me off.

Mahdi
03-12-2013, 10:20 AM
move him to safety

How many safeties are used in a hybrid? Are we playing with 3 linemen and 8 safeties?

coastal
03-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Offer him $15 million over 3 years.

ParanoidAndroid
03-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Uggghhh... seriously? Thats not a spalsh, its a plunk.

We resigned him to a 3 year deal in 11..he would still be under contract with us if we didnt cut him last May...After leaving the bills the Broncos signed him, then cut him...then the lions signed him and chose to let him walk.

This is gonna piss me off.

More like a Greg Louganis face plant.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-12-2013, 11:54 AM

What is he insurance against? He sucks and he's so old it's not likely that his suckitude will decrease. Get a cheap rookie and at least you can hope for some development.

swiper
03-12-2013, 12:01 PM
He is resplendent in suckitude.

EDS
03-12-2013, 12:06 PM
According to his Twitter page.

New coaching staff must really think Aaron Williams stinks for this to make sense.

stuckincincy
03-12-2013, 12:07 PM
New coaching staff must really think Aaron Williams stinks for this to make sense.

Heh. :zipit:

swiper
03-12-2013, 12:18 PM
The Aaron Williams and TJ Graham picks really underscore Buddy Nix's ability to manage the QBs on his teams.

Good QBs were taken after these picks while he signed his sucky QB to a big contract that is sinking the entire team now.

trapezeus
03-12-2013, 12:28 PM
did drayton florence just become a worse version of Bob Corkum?

RedEyE
03-12-2013, 12:39 PM
How many safeties are used in a hybrid? Are we playing with 3 linemen and 8 safeties?

Might as well. Not like the line has done anything since Williams left with the 46.

Mahdi
03-12-2013, 12:40 PM
The Aaron Williams and TJ Graham picks really underscore Buddy Nix's ability to manage the QBs on his teams.

Good QBs were taken after these picks while he signed his sucky QB to a big contract that is sinking the entire team now.

Granted the QBs he missed on in the second and third are glaring but they are only that using hindsight. No one could have known how good they would be and Buddy probably wanted to pick players he was more sure of than projects.

ServoBillieves
03-12-2013, 12:46 PM
move him to safety

And Aaron Williams, also probably should look at moving Ron Brooks and Rodgers there as well.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-12-2013, 12:47 PM
Granted the QBs he missed on in the second and third are glaring but they are only that using hindsight. No one could have known how good they would be and Buddy probably wanted to pick players he was more sure of than projects.

Plenty of people were screaming to take guys like Kaepernick and Wilson. This idea that they took the world by surprise is completely false.

EDS
03-12-2013, 12:48 PM

Beacause Williams and Graham were such sure things?

YardRat
03-12-2013, 04:20 PM
Willing to bet it has nothing to do with signing on with Bills for a second stint.

Ginger Vitis
03-12-2013, 04:24 PM
Willing to bet it has nothing to do with signing on with Bills for a second stint.

This.. The guy played in Buffalo for 3 years maybe he is attending a charity event or visiting friends

swiper
03-12-2013, 06:22 PM
did drayton florence just become a worse version of Bob Corkum?

No. A worse version of Doran Dickerson. Oh wait. We resigned that guy.

swiper
03-12-2013, 06:24 PM

A cornerback that can't get onto the field. And a WR that is a speed burner, but his QB can't get the ball downfield to him. Yeah Buddy's thought process was sound there.

venis2k1
03-13-2013, 08:14 AM
@AlbertBreer: CB Drayton Florence tells me he's heading to Carolina to take a physical.

Guess not.

BertSquirtgum
03-13-2013, 08:44 AM
The Bills should have never cut him over Mcgee to begin with. He shouldn't be a starter but he could be used here.

BertSquirtgum
03-13-2013, 08:48 AM
What is he insurance against? He sucks and he's so old it's not likely that his suckitude will decrease. Get a cheap rookie and at least you can hope for some development.

You guys act like he's 40 years old or something. He's 32 and I have no problem with the Bills bringing him back in, even though he wasn't good the last year he played here.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-13-2013, 10:34 AM
You guys act like he's 40 years old or something. He's 32 and I have no problem with the Bills bringing him back in, even though he wasn't good the last year he played here.

He wasn't good the year he left, and then he was worse the year after that. When a guy's play starts declining significantly and he's already on the backside of 30, it's pretty damn rare that they can turn it around.

The King
03-13-2013, 03:09 PM
CB Drayton Florence to the Panthers on a 1-yr deal.