• Slim
    • Apr 2004

Rumor -PFC: Bills talking contract with Brandon Gibson

Per twitter.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Rumor -PFC: Bills talking contract with Brandon Gibson

Meh. Would rather have Barden or Murphy.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      At the right price I'd like him... I mean maybe a contract at 5 or 6 mill per is possible.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Jan 2010

not a bad number 2. plus with a new qb with a real arm we can get graham the ball deep... im sure we will draft another wr too...

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
          At the right price I'd like him... I mean maybe a contract at 5 or 6 mill per is possible.
          I hope to god you aren't talking about giving Brandon Gibson 5 to 6 million a year. His best season is barely better than David Nelson's.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• EDS
            • Jan 2003

Are you nuts? I would struggle with giving him $6 million for a three year deal.

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
              I hope to god you aren't talking about giving Brandon Gibson 5 to 6 million a year. His best season is barely better than David Nelson's.
              That's the cost for a #2 WR. Nelson was never a #2 WR.

They would be paying him that based on him being our #2. It's Hartline money:
              News of Brian Hartline 's five-year, $30.77 million contract broke last week—another polarizing move from beleaguered general manager Jeff Ireland...

If it's strictly a #3 WR spot, it should be like 3 mill per.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                Gibson is the tops of my list followed by Murphy, Heyward-Bey, Doucet, Massaquoi and lastly Barden.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                  Yet Gibson isn't coming off an ACL injury.

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                    Gibson is the tops of my list followed by Murphy, Heyward-Bey, Doucet, Massaquoi and lastly Barden.
                    I agree. If were not paying #1 WR money, he would be at the top of my list in the next tier.

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

That's the cost for a #2 WR. Nelson was never a #2 WR.

They would be paying him that based on him being our #2. It's Hartline money:
                      News of Brian Hartline 's five-year, $30.77 million contract broke last week—another polarizing move from beleaguered general manager Jeff Ireland...

If it's strictly a #3 WR spot, it should be like 3 mill per.
                      Hartline was a 1,000 yard receiver last season! Gibson is a back-up.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                        I did some quick counting at http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byposition?pos=WR and if did it right that ranks Gibson 47th in the NFL in receiving yards. If you judge 32 teams to have two starting receivers that would put him on the mid range #2s. Hardly a backup.

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                          Hartline was and is a #2 WR. That was my point and it's valid.

I'm not saying Gibson deserves #2 WR money based on his previous stats. But the Bills may view him as a #2 WR and sign him accordingly.

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

Hartline was and is a #2 WR. That was my point and it's valid.

I'm not saying Gibson deserves #2 WR money based on his previous stats. But the Bills may view him as a #2 WR and sign him accordingly.
                            I actually think the Bills view him as a #3. I think they will address #2 in FA or draft. Buddy and Marrone are not dumb enough to take a guy with no speed and not much size and call him a #2.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                              I actually think the Bills view him as a #3. I think they will address #2 in FA or draft. Buddy and Marrone are not dumb enough to take a guy with no speed and not much size and call him a #2.
                              Gibson averaged 0.1 yards less than Dwayne Bowe did last season. He also had the same YPC as Stevie Johnson and Jacoby Jones did. Infact it was better than Mike Wallace per http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/by...meframe=ToDate Granted he doesn't have the break away speed that Wallace has but few NFL receivers do. He does have deceptive speed. His career YPC is 1.2 better than Donald Jones' and 0.9 better than David Nelsons. The truth is the roots of Marone's passing attack is the WCO which is not a deep passing game but instead a pinpoint move the chains type offense etc. I've stated numerous times Gibson fits in that type of mold and frankly people spewing hate on his game without looking at things more closely. From NFL.com draft profile:

Positives: Legitimate NFL size. Good height and has the frame to handle NFL punishment. Has the quickness, bulk and strength to fight through the jam at the line of scrimmage. At least adequate straight-line speed to challenge defenders deep. Can track the ball over either shoulder. Can sink his hips, stick his foot in the ground and explode out his breaks, creating separation against even the best of cornerbacks. Soft hands and can snatch the ball out of the air. Good body control to contort his body and make the tough catch in traffic. Courageous over the middle. Effective red-zone target. Cognizant downfield blocker. Showed good toughness last year fighting through knee and heal injuries. Three-year kick returner. Negatives: Possesses good, not great deep speed. Demonstrates good overall athleticism, but doesn't consistently produce yards after the catch.

Comment

Working...
                              X