bills are playing fa right. let the money dry up and now the bills can get 3-4 guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NOT THE DUDE...
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2010

bills are playing fa right. let the money dry up and now the bills can get 3-4 guys

let the fa money dry up, and then the bills can get 3-4 mid level guys and draft geno smith...

we already have core guys in place...

oline set, stevie, graham, spiller

anderson/mario/moore?

byrd, and some other younger guys...

we just need a qb...
  • NOT THE DUDE...
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2010

Re: bills are playing fa right. let the money dry up and now the bills can get 3-4 g

im guessing we resign moore/rinehart and then sign 2-4 mid level fa's to fill gaps.

like devito for example...

it's my guess that we are trading up for geno smith

Comment

• DBrown77
      Watching the Bills suck since 1999
      • Mar 2005

Re: bills are playing fa right. let the money dry up and now the bills can get 3-4 g

O-line set? We don't have a left guard....graham? Moore is a UFA.

I do agree that we wait for the money to dry up then pick up mid level guys. The Packers use that philosophy.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Despite my reluctance to break the bank for Levitre, IMO the oline is far from set.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Test Man
          • Sep 2012

Um, I believe DeVito's going to the Chiefs.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by DBrown77 View Post

I do agree that we wait for the money to dry up then pick up mid level guys. The Packers use that philosophy.
            The Packers signed two of the biggest free agents in NFL history. They generally don't need to splash in FA because they draft extremely well, so when they go to the well, they go hard.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • Jun 2024

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              Despite my reluctance to break the bank for Levitre, IMO the oline is far from set.
              We will learn that this year.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                Hall of Fame Zoner
                • Jan 2010

although we have a top lt, depth at ot, solid players inside and a pro bowl level center. and our rb avg almost 6ypc, the oline will never be set for anyone on this board. they still think it's 1980

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DBrown77 View Post

No team is going to break the bank to get Kyle Moore, I'm sure we can get him at a fair price same thing with Reinhardt. I also think we can add a veteran G like Brandon Moore for less than $3 million a season.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                    • Sep 2009

Some fans think the Bills are always doing things right, results speak for themselves.

Graham is a key piece even though he can't beat press or run a route. The same folks told us that we were set with Nelson and Jones, no need to draft a WR like Green or Jones.

You need to create delusions in order to continue to follow this train wreck.
                    Last edited by kingJofNYC; 03-12-2013, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by NOT THE DUDE... View Post
                      im guessing we resign moore/rinehart and then sign 2-4 mid level fa's to fill gaps.

like devito for example...

it's my guess that we are trading up for geno smith
                      Why trade up? The only team that might need a QB more than us are the Cardinals at pick 7 and right now they still have Kolb on their roster who, when healthy, showed to be a good starting QB and they also have other holes. Specifically at OT so they might end up taking Fisher allowing us to stay at pick 8 and grab Geno Smith. I know people yell he's not Luck or RGIII but to me he grades out a better prospect than Tannehill who went pick 8 last year.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Waiting for the money to dry up then taking what's left is the strategy that got us such proven winners as Nick Barnett, Geoff Hangartner, Kawika Mitchell, and, um, well I know there are more but they were so bad that I can't recall their names.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                          Waiting for the money to dry up then taking what's left is the strategy that got us such proven winners as Nick Barnett, Geoff Hangartner, Kawika Mitchell, and, um, well I know there are more but they were so bad that I can't recall their names.
                          We're good with the great Chad Rinehart, even though he's still unsigned, lol.

Nailed it.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                            According to http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...c.php?t=194216 The first day of free agency 2008 was 2/29/08, guess what? We signed Mitchell that same day according to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawika_Mitchell
                            Barnett was signed later but more in response to the loss of Poz which many felt he was going to stay here but he ultimately due to the choice of the D as a 4-3, Hangartner was bad but then again he was a honest to goodness #2 that we tried to make a #1 but failed. Some of the guys that are still out there are starters for their other teams, I won't comment on the offseason until's it finished. Hell look at last year we thought we were winnings when Mario didn't leave for another city after day 1 and we "got lucky" that Robert Meachem did skip town.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                              Some fans think the Bills are always doing things right, results speak for themselves.

Graham is a key piece even though he can't beat press or run a route. The same folks told us that we were set with Nelson and Jones, no need to draft a WR like Green or Jones.

You need to create delusions in order to continue to follow this train wreck.
                              maybe because graham was open deep many times but fitz blew balls...

we need a qb, thats it... everything else will take care of itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                              We're good with the great Chad Rinehart, even though he's still unsigned, lol.

Nailed it.
                              rinehart is an abover avg guard. he would be fine

Comment

Working...
                              X