PDA

View Full Version : Fins dump Karlos Dansby

X-Era
03-12-2013, 05:36 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/12/dolphins-dump-dansby/

I'd take him

coastal
03-12-2013, 05:45 PM
I'd take Merriman out of retirement at this point.

Lefty2985
03-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Would def. take him

Slim
03-12-2013, 05:51 PM
Way better than what we have.

Buddo
03-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Should have plenty left in the tank, too.
PFT said that he played pretty much all of last season with a torn biceps, as well.
If we want to be serious about upgrading our LBs, he should now be top of the list tbh.
I'm not too sure what he would need to be paid, as I don't think he will be exactly cheap, but I've always been impressed with the way he plays the game. He seems to have the necessary controlled aggression, to really keep at it.
I can't help but think this is a dumb move by the Fins.

X-Era
03-12-2013, 06:00 PM
PFT said that he played pretty much all of last season with a torn biceps, as well.
If we want to be serious about upgrading our LBs, he should now be top of the list tbh.
I'm not too sure what he would need to be paid, as I don't think he will be exactly cheap, but I've always been impressed with the way he plays the game. He seems to have the necessary controlled aggression, to really keep at it.
I could see it being for 5-6 mill per in cap hit with some incentives.

Mouldsie
03-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Would be a nice addition

Mike13
03-12-2013, 06:08 PM

They signed someone younger and better to replace him. Not dumb at all.

nolimit
03-12-2013, 06:25 PM

I love the mike " I can run really fast in a straight line Down the field" Wallace signing for the dolphins....money well spent.

bills4ver
03-12-2013, 06:28 PM
isn't Dansby the BIG FA Line Backer they got a few years ago sounds alot like Ellerbe lol

I think Dansby was a better prospect at the time though.

Buddo
03-12-2013, 06:29 PM

You might be right, but I wouldn't bank on it. Dansby has pretty much produced, all of his career. I don't know that Ellerbe has.
Still, you may get lucky. I think of the two, Ellerbe is more likely to be a success than Kruger, although I do think both are decent players, so at least they got that part of the decision right.

kishoph
03-12-2013, 06:33 PM
I could see it being for 5-6 mill per in cap hit with some incentives.

He was scheduled to make $4.65 Million this year, I think giving him $5-6 Million per would be doable.

X-Era
03-12-2013, 06:35 PM
You might be right, but I wouldn't bank on it. Dansby has pretty much produced, all of his career. I don't know that Ellerbe has.
Still, you may get lucky. I think of the two, Ellerbe is more likely to be a success than Kruger, although I do think both are decent players, so at least they got that part of the decision right.Ellerbe is an up and comer and Dansby may only play at a high level for a few more years. They wanted to go youth IMO. This wasn't because Dansby can't play.

bigbub2352
03-12-2013, 08:19 PM
add him can only help this d

Mike13
03-12-2013, 08:20 PM
I love the mike " I can run really fast in a straight line Down the field" Wallace signing for the dolphins....money well spent.

It will be fun watching him torch the Bills secondary.
While Cameron Wake makes Nassib bleed rectally.

YardRat
03-12-2013, 08:21 PM
add him can only help this d

Mike Stratton and Jim Cheyunski could help this LBer corps.

Sincerest apologies to Mr. Stratton for mentioning him and Cheyunski in the same sentence.

venis2k1
03-12-2013, 08:27 PM
If the bills plan on bringing in a vet LBer, Dansby might be the best of whats out there.

nolimit
03-12-2013, 08:28 PM
It will be fun watching him torch the Bills secondary.
While Cameron Wake makes Nassib bleed rectally.

Maybe Wallace and tj graham can race each other to see who can run in a straight line the fastest....my guess is that graham wins by a hair due to the fact that Wallace is being slowed by the wads of money that he duped dolphin management into giving him.

TedMock
03-12-2013, 09:05 PM
I believe Miami is switching to a full time base 43 this year. Ellerbe is just as versatile where Dansby is a bit more well-suited for the 34. Although he played very well in the 43 transition last year. Not a big shock here. No room for him, plus the public bashing of some moves last year made this easy for them. He's still a good player

Mouldsie
03-12-2013, 11:13 PM
Wallace is a great WR

nolimit
03-13-2013, 09:23 AM
Wallace is a great WR

No he is not...he wasn't even the best wr on the steelers....one trick pony....terrible route runner...will not go over the middle....vertical wr...that's it...at 13 mill it's a terrible signing. Great is a term tossed around way too much....great wr is Calvin, Larry etc...

byroan
03-13-2013, 04:23 PM
No he is not...he wasn't even the best wr on the steelers....one trick pony....terrible route runner...will not go over the middle....vertical wr...that's it...at 13 mill it's a terrible signing. Great is a term tossed around way too much....great wr is Calvin, Larry etc...

Who was better on the Steelers? 5 TD Antonio Brown?

Face it, this was a good signing. He has more TD's the last 3 years than all of Miami's WR's combined.

nolimit
03-13-2013, 04:41 PM
Who was better on the Steelers? 5 TD Antonio Brown?

Face it, this was a good signing. He has more TD's the last 3 years than all of Miami's WR's combined.

Bingo

Mouldsie
03-13-2013, 05:25 PM
Brown was force fed the ball because the Steeler's coaches were mad at Wallace for holding out. He's not nearly as good.

The last buffalo fan
03-13-2013, 05:38 PM

What do you think about Dansby as player and with his current skills set?

Gracias Mike

LtFinFan66
03-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Love how folks hate on everyone elses moves....which are never the right moves btw...LOL. Guess it gives them something to talk about till their team improves...just saying

Goobylal
03-13-2013, 06:05 PM
Brown was force fed the ball because the Steeler's coaches were mad at Wallace for holding out. He's not nearly as good.
Yet they offered Brown a huge contract and not Wallace. Should tell you something.

nolimit
03-13-2013, 06:07 PM
Yet they offered Brown a huge contract and not Wallace. Should tell you something.
Bingo again

YardRat
03-13-2013, 06:14 PM
Love how folks hate on everyone elses moves....which are never the right moves btw...LOL. Guess it gives them something to talk about till their team improves...just saying

To be fair, there really hasn't been a ton of 'Wallace should be the Bills #1 WR FA target' threads or comments. The occasional one here and there, but not really too many overall.

Mike13
03-13-2013, 06:18 PM
What do you think about Dansby as player and with his current skills set?

Gracias Mike

As an all-around LB he is good, and versatile
Good in coverage, good against the run, he can pressure the QB.
The thing is that he is 32, he has an ego and a mouth to match.

LtFinFan66
03-13-2013, 06:56 PM
To be fair, there really hasn't been a ton of 'Wallace should be the Bills #1 WR FA target' threads or comments. The occasional one here and there, but not really too many overall.
because you have nobody to throw to him so why bother?

The Jokeman
03-13-2013, 07:00 PM

I hope for your sake the Dolphins bring back Jake Long otherwise Tannehill won't have enough time to hit Wallace deep. As with Long he was sacked 35 times, I hate to see how many times he'd go down without him.

YardRat
03-13-2013, 07:01 PM

Geez, I try to be nice and look what it gets me.

Somebody's been drinking waaay too much Tannehill-flavored Kool-Aid.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-13-2013, 08:01 PM
I hope for your sake the Dolphins bring back Jake Long otherwise Tannehill won't have enough time to hit Wallace deep. As with Long he was sacked 35 times, I hate to see how many times he'd go down without him.

they will just move martin to the left or draft a lt...

not a big deal really. this isnt 1980