PDA

View Full Version : We've lost 6 starters so far this offseason...

mjt328
03-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Donald Jones
Andy Levitre
Chris Kelsay
Nick Barnett
George Wilson

Plus a whole new coaching staff.

Not to say all these losses were bad moves... But they were apparently our best options last year.
Anyone who thinks we aren't in a full-blown start over is simply in denial.

ServoBillieves
03-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Nelson would've been a starter.

streetkings01
03-12-2013, 06:32 PM
6 starters from a team that finished 4-12, 6-10 & 6-10 the last 3 seasons.

streetkings01
03-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Levitre is the only one on that list that I'd consider a loss.........the rest were average to below average.

X-Era
03-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Donald Jones
Andy Levitre
Chris Kelsay
Nick Barnett
George Wilson

Not to say all these losses were bad moves... But they were apparently our best options last year.
Jones- Part time starter due to injury and really only started this year
Levitre- A legit loss
Kelsay- Part time starter pushed into starting due to Andersons injury
Barnett- Sub-par starter
Wilson- legit loss but also only average at best as a SS

If we had lost 6 solid starters or if the moves were necessary because we were in a cap mess I would agree. In this situation I agree with all the cuts and letting Levitre go

streetkings01
03-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Let me add........the firing of the coaching staff that went 16-32 the past 3 seasons should be considered addition by subtraction!

SeatownBillsFan21
03-12-2013, 06:36 PM
And only one will be a starter in the league next season.

I think this will be our year to totally bottom out and get the 1st pick next year.

I have zero expectations for the 2013 season

streetkings01
03-12-2013, 06:38 PM
The Dolphins have lost alot more over the past 2 seasons then we have. A starting WR(Brandon), LT(Long), RB(Bush), TE(Fasano), CB's(Davis & Smith). That's 2 1st rd picks that are gone.

Night Train
03-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Donald Jones
Andy Levitre
Chris Kelsay
Nick Barnett
George Wilson

I agree.

Yet I want the rebuild to be done RIGHT, giving the new coach a chance to build something and fall on his own sword.

No more Brandon selling the public false hope. Get the f*** out of the way and let Whaley and Marrone swim or sink without the smoke and mirrors act which hasn't worked for 13 years.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Donald Jones
Andy Levitre
Chris Kelsay
Nick Barnett
George Wilson

geno smith
draft pick plus fa wr
rinehart or donald thomas i guess
adding a te
nigel bradham
searcy

honestly man, we needed to get rid of that dead weight. bottom line, we need a top qb

Generalissimus Gibby
03-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Donald Jones
Andy Levitre
Chris Kelsay
Nick Barnett
George Wilson

and the only one of those choices is not resigning Levitre. The rest were not really worth keeping.

JoeMama
03-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Donald Jones
Andy Levitre
Chris Kelsay
Nick Barnett
George Wilson

What a disaster.

Three years ago Buddy Nix was handed the reigns and asked to build a team.

Nix said he had a plan, a vision, and the football acumen to create something special.

But here we are three years later. Somehow, the team Nix built is EVEN WORSE than the team he inherited.

Let that sink in for a moment.

We're WORSE NOW than we were three years ago.

Which means Nix is blowing up HIS OWN body of work so we can start from scratch yet again.

And there are seriously fans on board with this idea?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AG7LjVCj50Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mjt328
03-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Levitre is the only one on that list that I'd consider a loss.........the rest were average to below average.

But they were the best we had on our 2012 roster. At this moment, our replacements for those guys are:

Tavaris Jackson
TJ Graham
Keith Williams (Yeah, I had to look that one up)
Mark Anderson
Bryan Scott or Chris White
Da'Norris Searcy

better days
03-12-2013, 07:56 PM
6 starters from a team that finished 4-12, 6-10 & 6-10 the last 3 seasons.

Exactly it's not like the Bills are the Ravens & lost MANY GOOD players. The Bills lost ONE good player.

OpIv37
03-12-2013, 08:04 PM
Exactly it's not like the Bills are the Ravens & lost MANY GOOD players. The Bills lost ONE good player.

Here's what you are failing to see: even though most of the guys we lost weren't that good, we currently have no one equal or better.

Let that sink in for a second.

As bad as most of those guys were, we are STILL worse without them than we are with them.

The Bills have actually done a decent job unloading bad contracts and getting rid of washed up players. Where they consistently fail is finding someone better or even equal to replace them.

They took a team that was only 6-10 to start with and broke it down to bare bones.

better days
03-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Here's what you are failing to see: even though most of the guys we lost weren't that good, we currently have no one equal or better.

As bad as most of those guys were, we are STILL worse without them than we are with them.

The Bills have actually done a decent job unloading bad contracts and getting rid of washed up players. Where they consistently fail is finding someone better or even equal to replace them.

They took a team that was only 6-10 to start with and broke it down to bare bones.

It is MARCH 12

If they don't get someone GOOD to replace the scrubs let go by the start of TC, then you can continue with your incessant complaining.

psubills62
03-12-2013, 08:29 PM
The fact that some of those guys were even starting is sad.

Scumbag College
03-12-2013, 08:31 PM
The Bills are in a perpetual state of rebuilding.

You can't consistently miss on first round picks, have no franchise QB, have coaching staffs come in every 2-4 years and fail, etc. and expect to win in the NFL.

venis2k1
03-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Barnett and Wilson were 1 and 2 on the team in tackles last year....

YardRat
03-12-2013, 08:38 PM

Give it a little time, Op...FA isn't even 6 hours into the process yet.

It's conceivable that the team does get better...just because we're not throwing big money at 'names' right off the bat doesn't mean that the roster on opening day won't perform better, even if we don't know who some of these guys are, or what they can do. If you want to build a winning culture, than you keep guys that fit and buy in, and get rid of those that don't. It's a process. Granted, a process that the team has sucked at for the past thirteen years, but one that we all have to live with if we choose to remain fans of the team.

better days
03-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Barnett and Wilson were 1 and 2 on the team in tackles last year....

I will be surprised if their replacements are not 1 and 2 on the team in tackles next year. Barnett & Wilson were 1 & 2 on one of the WORST defenses in the NFL. Not that big an accomplishment IMO.

OpIv37
03-12-2013, 10:47 PM
Give it a little time, Op...FA isn't even 6 hours into the process yet.

It's conceivable that the team does get better...just because we're not throwing big money at 'names' right off the bat doesn't mean that the roster on opening day won't perform better, even if we don't know who some of these guys are, or what they can do. If you want to build a winning culture, than you keep guys that fit and buy in, and get rid of those that don't. It's a process. Granted, a process that the team has sucked at for the past thirteen years, but one that we all have to live with if we choose to remain fans of the team.

Yeah, FA is only a few hours old, but as time ticks by, the better guys sign and the opportunities to improve become fewer. This is becoming a TRUE rebuilding year. Just break it down and start over. We are looking at 3 wins.

psubills62
03-12-2013, 10:57 PM
The draft is where it starts and ends. When you don't draft well enough to fill out the roster, then you spend more money in free agency and tie up cap space in contracts that probably aren't worth what you're paying. Unfortunately, drafting well takes time. Though it certainly helps if you can get a QB and develop him or have a Luck/Griffin fall into your lap.

better days
05-30-2014, 03:30 PM
BUMP. I found this thread Op where you *****ED about the Bills losing Jones & Nelson

better days
05-30-2014, 03:32 PM

THIS post you say the Bills were WORSE without Jones & Nelson.

Meathead
05-30-2014, 03:35 PM
wow. its amazing you found an old post with op whining

EDS
05-30-2014, 03:40 PM

There really can be no debate that as of March 2013 the Bills WR's were worse without Jones and Nelson. What is your point?

better days
05-30-2014, 03:48 PM
There really can be no debate that as of March 2013 the Bills WR's were worse without Jones and Nelson. What is your point?

READ the thread, I said that it was too soon to say what the Bills would have at WR.

My point was/is Op *****ED about the Bills not keeping Jones & Nelson.

Mr. Pink
05-30-2014, 03:59 PM

Well to be honest, the offense scored 5 less points in 2013 than 2012.

Nelson had 61 catches for 658 yards in 2011, his last full season here, which would have lead the team in 2013.

And Jones put up 41 catches for 443 last season.

Goodwin 17-283 Woods 40-587

In terms of production, the Bills didn't gain anything.

trapezeus
05-30-2014, 04:03 PM
also knowing now that jones had a condition to put him out of football wasn't known at the time by fans.

i also thought at the time that jones looked very good when fitz threw a pass to him. he'd always get YAC. but many times fitz was inaccurate and he just caught the ball and got tackled. if he was healthy i would have liked to see what EJ could have done with him (not knowing at that time what EJ looked like as a pro QB)

OpIv37
05-30-2014, 04:16 PM

And when I said it, it was 100% true. We had no one equal or better on the roster. We cut everyone we had with experience except Stevie and replaced them with rookies. It clearly didn't pay off last year. It looks like it will pay off in the future, but that's no guarantee. And even if it does, going into a season with a rookie QB and one experienced WR is stupid, as the results on the field last year show.

And you accused me of saying the Bills should have kept them, and you still have no proof that I said that. In fact. I even said they were BAD in the post you quoted.

swiper
05-30-2014, 05:10 PM
Wow. It's amazing how some losers have nothing better to do than to dredge up old threads to try and make their lame points. And then can't even properly call out the person they were trying to.

OpIv37
05-30-2014, 05:32 PM
Wow. It's amazing how some losers have nothing better to do than to dredge up old threads to try and make their lame points. And then can't even properly call out the person they were trying to.

In fairness, I challenged him to find it because he kept accusing me of saying something I didn't say.

SquishDaFish
05-30-2014, 06:06 PM
Can the season please start already jeez

Homegrown
05-30-2014, 06:10 PM
are there any old Craig Nall for starter threads that are bump worthy? ....

YardRat
05-30-2014, 06:15 PM
Yeah, FA is only a few hours old, but as time ticks by, the better guys sign and the opportunities to improve become fewer. This is becoming a TRUE rebuilding year. Just break it down and start over. We are looking at 3 wins.

Not bad, Op...you were only off by 100%.

Turf
05-30-2014, 06:22 PM
I had a thread where I was right....lemme find it......

feldspar
05-30-2014, 06:44 PM

He actually claimed that the Bills were WORSE after they let Terrence McGee go...McGee, who started single-digit amount of games in the previous three years combined, and actually turned into a liability when he WAS on the field. The guy was injured all the time and used up. Didn't find work anywhere else either, as it turns out BTW. Funny how he can rationalize viewpoints like that to himself.

OpIv37
05-30-2014, 07:02 PM
He actually claimed that the Bills were WORSE after they let Terrence McGee go...McGee, who started single-digit amount of games in the previous three years combined, and actually turned into a liability when he WAS on the field. The guy was injured all the time and used up. Didn't find work anywhere else either, as it turns out BTW. Funny how he can rationalize viewpoints like that to himself.

When we let McGee go, who did we have that was equal or better? No one. There is no need for rationalizing- that was the reality.

- - - Updated - - -

That was a pissed off rant. I believe my official prediction was 5 wins.

YardRat
05-30-2014, 07:24 PM
When we let McGee go, who did we have that was equal or better? No one. There is no need for rationalizing- that was the reality.

- - - Updated - - -

That was a pissed off rant. I believe my official prediction was 5 wins.

Most of your posts are pissed off rants. Duhhhh. Sorry but hundreds of pre-*****ing, whining, doom and gloom posts that predict 3 wins, or whatever, far outweigh any single post someone wants to classify as 'official'.

Mace
05-30-2014, 08:23 PM
I had a thread where I was right....lemme find it......

Happens to me sometimes, get strangled by search features no matter where I am.

OpIv37
05-30-2014, 09:36 PM
Most of your posts are pissed off rants. Duhhhh. Sorry but hundreds of pre-*****ing, whining, doom and gloom posts that predict 3 wins, or whatever, far outweigh any single post someone wants to classify as 'official'.

Hundreds of posts where I predict 3 wins? You found ONE.

And it's not doom and gloom when it's exactly what ends up happening on the field. It's reality.

And honestly, does 3 wins or 6 wins really matter? "Huh huh- you were wrong Op- we still sucked but not as bad as you said!" Please. The team still isn't getting the job done.

better days
05-30-2014, 10:20 PM
In fairness, I challenged him to find it because he kept accusing me of saying something I didn't say.

LMAO, you said it. We went round & round about it in another thread, but this thread is PROOF POSITIVE you *****ED about the Bills not keeping Jones & Nelson!

better days
05-30-2014, 10:23 PM

And then there a LOSERS that have NOTHING worthwhile to CONTRIBUTE at all.

I made my point. Op said he didn't ***** about the Bills getting rid of Jones & Nelson.

This thread is PROOF he did.

OpIv37
05-30-2014, 10:27 PM
LMAO, you said it. We went round & round about it in another thread, but this thread is PROOF POSITIVE you *****ED about the Bills not keeping Jones & Nelson!

I said they were bad.

I *****ed about the team letting players go when they had no one better. And like other people have already posted, the guys we added did NOT put up better numbers than Nelson and Jones last year. And we had the same number of wins.

The guys we added had worse numbers than the guys we lost, and we were neutral in terms of wins. Translation: going into the season with a rookie QB and only one experienced WR was stupid JUST LIKE I SAID.

Seriously, how do you not see this? The numbers and results speak for themselves.

OpIv37
05-30-2014, 10:28 PM

I made my point. Op said he didn't ***** about the Bills getting rid of Jones & Nelson.

I NEVER said I didn't ***** about getting rid of Jones and Nelson.

I said that I NEVER said we should have kept Jones and Nelson, and I never did.

I even said they were BAD in the post you quoted.

How are you not getting this?

better days
05-30-2014, 10:30 PM
I said they were bad.

I *****ed about the team letting players go when they had no one better. And like other people have already posted, the guys we added did NOT put up better numbers than Nelson and Jones last year. And we had the same number of wins.

The guys we added had worse numbers than the guys we lost, and we were neutral in terms of wins. Translation: going into the season with a rookie QB and only one experienced WR was stupid JUST LIKE I SAID.

Seriously, how do you not see this? The numbers and results speak for themselves.

BS. Jones didn't put up ANY NUMBERS, he is OUT of FOOTBALL.

The point is you *****ED about the Bills NOT KEEPING them & you said you did not do that.

That is the point!

OpIv37
05-30-2014, 10:40 PM
BS. Jones didn't put up ANY NUMBERS, he is OUT of FOOTBALL.

The point is you *****ED about the Bills NOT KEEPING them & you said you did not do that.

That is the point!

This is semantic bull****.

Yes, I *****ed when the Bills cut Jones and Nelson, but not because I wanted to keep Jones and Nelson, which is what you claimed I said. I *****ed because they cut players without adding anyone equal or better, and it wasn't a "*****." It was a legitimate complaint because the results showed on the field.

You are changing what you claimed I said. At first you claimed I said I wanted to keep Jones and Nelson. Now you are claiming that I *****ed when they cut Jones and Nelson. Two different things. You are playing word games and changing your argument mid-stream.

****, I've never blocked anybody on this site but I am extremely close to blocking you. I just can't handle this ignorance and blind homerism.

swiper
05-31-2014, 05:10 AM

So that makes TWO people who need to get a life.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. That fits you as well.

YardRat
05-31-2014, 05:12 AM
Hundreds of posts where I predict 3 wins? You found ONE.

And it's not doom and gloom when it's exactly what ends up happening on the field. It's reality.

And honestly, does 3 wins or 6 wins really matter? "Huh huh- you were wrong Op- we still sucked but not as bad as you said!" Please. The team still isn't getting the job done.

Now you are doing the same thing that you are accusing other's of...I never said "Hundreds of posts where you predict 3 wins". Also, 3 wins isn't "exactly" what happened on the field.

Do you want to play the literal game, or not? Do you only want to be literal when it suits your purpose, and then only allow semantics under the same circumstance?

better days
05-31-2014, 07:54 AM

Yes, I *****ed when the Bills cut Jones and Nelson, but not because I wanted to keep Jones and Nelson, which is what you claimed I said. I *****ed because they cut players without adding anyone equal or better, and it wasn't a "*****." It was a legitimate complaint because the results showed on the field.

You are changing what you claimed I said. At first you claimed I said I wanted to keep Jones and Nelson. Now you are claiming that I *****ed when they cut Jones and Nelson. Two different things. You are playing word games and changing your argument mid-stream.

****, I've never blocked anybody on this site but I am extremely close to blocking you. I just can't handle this ignorance and blind homerism.

Well, I can't handle your PESSIMISM if you want to block me feel free.

And talk about ignorance, Woods & Goodwin will prove to be MUCH better receivers than Jones & Nelson ever were.

And just because Nelson put up better numbers on the Jets last year does not mean he would have done that on the Bills.

ParanoidAndroid
05-31-2014, 08:07 AM
Idiots.

swiper
05-31-2014, 09:02 AM
Oh geez. I'd take Woods & Goodwin all day long over Jones & Nelson. Who wouldn't?

OpIv37
05-31-2014, 02:12 PM
Well, I can't handle your PESSIMISM if you want to block me feel free.

And talk about ignorance, Woods & Goodwin will prove to be MUCH better receivers than Jones & Nelson ever were.

And just because Nelson put up better numbers on the Jets last year does not mean he would have done that on the Bills.
It's not pessimism- it's reality.

And you don't know what Woods and Goodwin will end up doing so stop talking like it's a foregone conclusion. I'll admit that it looks likely at this point, but it hasn't happened yet. It's your assumption, not fact.

And the Jets had Geno Smith at QB. He was better than Manuel at the start of the season but far worse at the end.

OpIv37
05-31-2014, 02:14 PM
Oh geez. I'd take Woods & Goodwin all day long over Jones & Nelson. Who wouldn't?

For the record, we didn't have Woods and Goodwin when I made the initial comment that he was complaining about. We created a hole and hoped we could fill it in the draft. We got lucky and presumably were able to fill it but it came at the opportunity cost of filling other holes.

feldspar
05-31-2014, 02:58 PM

Opie: the master of reality...in his own head.

It's statements like this that lead me to believe that you may actually ENJOY complaining...that you may actually go out of your way to find ways to do it.

Anybody that could see the field at all was equal or better than McGee when we let him go. Anybody. He was useless. Talent means nothing when you can't play. McGee saw 13% of the defensive snaps in 2012, and when he was on the field he completely sucked...completely. He was a good player YEARS before that, until his knee injury wouldn't quit. He wasn't good AT ALL when we let him go, which was unfortunate because I liked him. Relying on his health, and therefore his play, became ******ed. We had to replace him every year in the final 3 or 4 years he played.

We had McKelvin, and there was a pretty good reason why the Bills drafted Gilmore in the first and Ron Brooks in the 4th in 2011. Pick any healthy Bills cornerback, and he was better.

And we released McGee in February. You're like "oh, no. We're a worse team because of it" in an unthinking knee-jerk reaction, which you still somehow find a way to stand by. Again, February. McGee was done. "At the time," he couldn't play, so how is it making your team worse by releasing him? You do know what the offseason is about, don't you? It doesn't end in February, either. This was a simple case of addition by subtraction.

swiper
05-31-2014, 03:19 PM
They had Drayton Florence when they released McGee as well. They felt they had better talent when they released McGee.

feldspar
05-31-2014, 03:29 PM
They had Drayton Florence when they released McGee as well. They felt they had better talent when they released McGee.

Actually, no they didn't. Florence was released after the 2011 season (after a pretty bad year), and McGee was released after the 2012 season.

But the point is that McGee could not play anymore. There is a reason why no other team picked him up.

swiper
05-31-2014, 05:35 PM
Actually, no they didn't. Florence was released after the 2011 season (after a pretty bad year), and McGee was released after the 2012 season.

But the point is that McGee could not play anymore. There is a reason why no other team picked him up.

I thought they had released and resigned him at one point. But it looks like you are correct.

http://www.nfl.com/player/draytonflorence/2505506/careerstats

OpIv37
05-31-2014, 05:37 PM
Opie: the master of reality...in his own head.

It's statements like this that lead me to believe that you may actually ENJOY complaining...that you may actually go out of your way to find ways to do it.

Anybody that could see the field at all was equal or better than McGee when we let him go. Anybody. He was useless. Talent means nothing when you can't play. McGee saw 13% of the defensive snaps in 2012, and when he was on the field he completely sucked...completely. He was a good player YEARS before that, until his knee injury wouldn't quit. He wasn't good AT ALL when we let him go, which was unfortunate because I liked him. Relying on his health, and therefore his play, became ******ed. We had to replace him every year in the final 3 or 4 years he played.

We had McKelvin, and there was a pretty good reason why the Bills drafted Gilmore in the first and Ron Brooks in the 4th in 2011. Pick any healthy Bills cornerback, and he was better.

And we released McGee in February. You're like "oh, no. We're a worse team because of it" in an unthinking knee-jerk reaction, which you still somehow find a way to stand by. Again, February. McGee was done. "At the time," he couldn't play, so how is it making your team worse by releasing him? You do know what the offseason is about, don't you? It doesn't end in February, either. This was a simple case of addition by subtraction.

That's a cop out response.

Ok fine maybe McGee was done when we replaced him, but to think we are trying to replace what he was when he was dumb is short sighted. He was a top corner at one point, and if he can't be one anymore, then we need a new top corner. Gilmore wasn't exactly lights out in 2012 and Brooks is a nickel corner.

But as usual, the Bills cut a vet and replace him with unproven youth or second tier FA's. Given the Bills's history of attempting to replace talent, you can't blame me for being skeptical.

feldspar
05-31-2014, 08:18 PM
That's a cop out response.

Ok fine maybe McGee was done when we replaced him, but to think we are trying to replace what he was when he was dumb is short sighted. He was a top corner at one point, and if he can't be one anymore, then we need a new top corner. Gilmore wasn't exactly lights out in 2012 and Brooks is a nickel corner.

But as usual, the Bills cut a vet and replace him with unproven youth or second tier FA's. Given the Bills's history of attempting to replace talent, you can't blame me for being skeptical.

Cop out response?

That's reality. Seems as though you are not as tuned in as you profess.

So you are saying that we had to replace what McGee was YEARS previous? Do I have to repeat myself?

This is probably my favorite part of your post:

but to think we are trying to replace what he was when he was dumb

And when was McGee a "top corner?" He was good, but not for years. You are just being unreasonable here. There was never an issue of "replacing" him. Any warm, healthy body would do. We were NOT a worse team without him when he was released and his release was really long overdue, and that's the point. The ONLY point. Do you concede or not?

justasportsfan
05-31-2014, 09:08 PM

:snicker:

justasportsfan
05-31-2014, 09:16 PM
Oh lookie here , Op making things about him.

better days
05-31-2014, 09:32 PM

But, he DID SAY it as I PROVED with this thread.

OpIv37
05-31-2014, 10:14 PM

I didn't make it about me. He made it about me by repeatedly accusing me of saying something I didn't say. And he did it at least a half dozen times before I demanded that he prove it.

feldspar
06-01-2014, 02:29 AM
I didn't make it about me. He made it about me by repeatedly accusing me of saying something I didn't say. And he did it at least a half dozen times before I demanded that he prove it.

As long as you continue to be right, even when you are wrong, all is well in the world.

Novacane
06-01-2014, 07:48 AM

Then what is the point of *****ing about it?

better days
06-01-2014, 10:17 AM

But you DID say it & this thread is PROOF of that!

OpIv37
06-01-2014, 10:37 AM
But you DID say it & this thread is PROOF of that!

It proves the opposite and you've proven you are incapable of a rational conversation.

Congrats- I've been on this website almost since it's creation and you're the first person I've ever blocked.

better days
06-01-2014, 11:45 AM
It proves the opposite and you've proven you are incapable of a rational conversation.

Congrats- I've been on this website almost since it's creation and you're the first person I've ever blocked.

Well, if 2010 is the inception then yeah. But your join date is 2002.

I am assuming that was about the start of the board.

I guess in your estimation 8 years is ALMOST.

Even when presented with evidence in BLACK & WHITE. PROOF POSITIVE for the entire World to see, you refuse to admit the TRUTH.

I would not have bothered to bump this thread if it did not prove you were WRONG.

TigerJ
06-01-2014, 09:34 PM
I have no interest in getting into anyone's dispute with anyone else. Maybe at the the time, losing some omong that list of starters made the team a little worse at the time. I don't know, and don't really care. I just look back and think that among that group, there aren't many who could start today (assuming they could still play at the same level at which they were lost to the Bills. Levitre probably could, but he would be in danger of losing out to the deliberate movement toward quality size on the offensive line in the near future. The list to me is a clear indication of the overall rising talent level of the team over the past year or so.

Mr. Pink
06-02-2014, 04:31 PM
They should have kept Nelson...he and Woods are pretty much interchangeable.

Goodwin is all flash and well nothing else, just like Graham and just like Parrish.

They could have even still drafted Woods while keeping Nelson.

But nah what NFL wants to keep a 6'5" WR who had 60 catches? Not the Bills!

better days
06-02-2014, 05:45 PM
They should have kept Nelson...he and Woods are pretty much interchangeable.

Goodwin is all flash and well nothing else, just like Graham and just like Parrish.

They could have even still drafted Woods while keeping Nelson.

But nah what NFL wants to keep a 6'5" WR who had 60 catches? Not the Bills!

Nelson was an injured Free agent. With no ties to the current staff, why would they bother to negotiate a contract with an injured player?

And I will bet you, going forward, Woods has a MUCH BETTER career than Nelson.

Mr. Pink
06-03-2014, 10:48 PM
Nelson was an injured Free agent. With no ties to the current staff, why would they bother to negotiate a contract with an injured player?

And I will bet you, going forward, Woods has a MUCH BETTER career than Nelson.

You sign him to a one year contract with incentives.

So that your rookie QB has a big redzone target.

If Sammy Watkins turns into the player that people think he could be, he'll get the majority of the targets and relegate Woods to a 50 catch a year guy...the same type of production that could have been gotten out of Nelson.

better days
06-04-2014, 08:32 AM
You sign him to a one year contract with incentives.

So that your rookie QB has a big redzone target.

If Sammy Watkins turns into the player that people think he could be, he'll get the majority of the targets and relegate Woods to a 50 catch a year guy...the same type of production that could have been gotten out of Nelson.

WHY sign an injured player that would not be ready at the start of the season & who you don't know how he will play after the injury?

As a Gator fan, I like Nelson & wish him well except when he plays the Bills, but Woods will have a MUCH BETTER career than Nelson.