• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Miami making moves

Baltimore Ravens free-agent inside linebacker Dannell Ellerbe reached an agreement in principle with the Miami Dolphins, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter confirmed.

Ellerbe, Wheeler and Wallace? Between them and the Pats I think we can chalk up 4 losses next year.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Miami making moves

Throw in the Jets and it's 6.

Not that the Jets will be any good- they're as big a disaster as we are. But we just can't seem to win within the division and that doesn't look like it's changing anytime soon.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Don't Panic
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Dec 2005

So long as we do it right this time I'm willing to take the medicine. As for the Fins, they may be able to compete for a Wild Card if Tannehill has a halfway decent season. I still think we get one from the Jets... having Pettine's knowledge of them should be enough for that much.

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

Reggie Bush hurt us way more than Mike Wallace will
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• nolimit
          Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
          • Aug 2003

13 mill per for Wallace is about the biggest joke I have ever seen

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Don't Panic View Post
            http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/90...ins-agree-deal

Ellerbe, Wheeler and Wallace? Between them and the Pats I think we can chalk up 4 losses next year.
            If they did lose Long, as there are conflicting reports, I just want to see how long Tannehill will be able to stand in the pocket and throw bombs to Wallace with no blindside protection. Tannehill is no Roethliburger in escaping pressure from what I remember last year also it appears they aren't going to re-sign Reggie Bush who was a good safety blanket. I agree their defense might be improved but Ellerbe wasn't a great coverage LB with the Ravens and Wheeler's alwaus played in a 4-3 as a pro so no guarantee he'll succeed in a 3-4.

Comment

• Barb
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
              If they did lose Long, as there are conflicting reports, I just want to see how long Tannehill will be able to stand in the pocket and throw bombs to Wallace with no blindside protection. Tannehill is no Roethliburger in escaping pressure from what I remember last year also it appears they aren't going to re-sign Reggie Bush who was a good safety blanket. I agree their defense might be improved but Ellerbe wasn't a great coverage LB with the Ravens and Wheeler's alwaus played in a 4-3 as a pro so no guarantee he'll succeed in a 3-4.
              miami plays a 4-3 since last season...but anyways why is everybody always complaining about the money part...is this your money ? do you have to work hard to get these players paid ?

Comment

• The Jokeman
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Barb View Post
                miami plays a 4-3 since last season...but anyways why is everybody always complaining about the money part...is this your money ? do you have to work hard to get these players paid ?
                Okay then reverse that, Ellerbe has to transition (compared to Wheeler) to be a MLB in a 4-3 from a 3-4 ILB, despite both playing on the inside they aren't the same position.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Barb View Post
                  Really?

Salary cap league.

Every player that gets overpaid comes at the opportunity cost of getting other players and having a more complete roster.

I never thought I'd have to spell that out. I thought it was rather obvious.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mike
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                    It's amazing how we downplay others big moves while up play our small moves. Some zoners were convinced that Robert Royal was going to magically turn into an All Pro a few years back. Wallace will burn holes in our weak ass secondary!!! I say at least 2TDs and 150 yards in 2013 vs Bills! As far as Long - we list Livitre and Livitre is a better guard than Long is tackle. We lost Peters a few years back and most you defended the move why not give the dolphins the same benefit of the doubt. They are miles ahead of us!!!
                    Please Make Sense

Comment

• Mike
                      • Jan 2009

OP

There is now a sakery cap floor... Thank god! In any case teams have to spend the money that being said I strongly prefer Wallace at $11M/yr than Gibson & McFumbles at $10M/yr! This is the problem with the Bills they let good players go, then they try replace them with marginal players. The results are obvious.

Levitre @ 7.8M/yr is a better investment than McFumbles @ 5M/yr. if Bills pay Gibson anything close to Heartline Money ($5/yr) they deserve every loss they get over the next 5 years.
                      Please Make Sense

Comment

• kishoph
                        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
                        Reggie Bush hurt us way more than Mike Wallace will
                        It looks like they are going to lose Reggie Bush.

Comment

• Static
                          The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
                          • Jul 2005

Yes it is nice to see the Dolphins agressive this year in trying to improve the team, Will it work? who knows, but the past few offseasons have been littered with letting good free agents pass by, while signing mediocre ones that turned out to do nothing. Yes we paid alot for Wallace, but if we make the playoffs or win the super bowl, it will be worth it. This is the first offseason in a while where we have good tools to try and improve the team, and not having to search for a QB.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

I'm impressed. The fins went with youth and speed.

the excitement will last for the opening game and then fish fans start being no shows again. It's what they do.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• venis2k1
                              Youboty can hope
                              • Jul 2002

The Fins are currently trying to get Public funding for a $400 million upgrade their stadium. As long as the excitement last till opening day, thats all they really care about.

Also a funny article here about Wheeler

"As Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald points out, the Dolphins brought in linebacker Philip Wheeler on a free agent visit March 24, 2012.

They didn’t sign him then, and he ended up with the Raiders, inking a one-year deal that paid him $700,000.

Tuesday, the Dolphins gave him a five-year deal worth $26 million.

The same personnel department and coaching staff which evaluated Wheeler last year and decided he wasn’t worth throwing a million bucks at made the decision to give him many more this year.

Wheeler just got a lot better last season, apparently. It remains to be seen whether the Dolphins’ decision-making process did."

Comment

Working...
                              X