Does anybody here have the ESPN Insider?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever
    Mr. Predictament
    • Feb 2003

Does anybody here have the ESPN Insider?

I was wondering if it's worth the money? I would like to have it for football. I wouldn't care much about it after that except for maybe a little basketball.
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Yes. I created a password and username (to share with our donors ) Shhhh!

It's OK- if you sign up and pay for ESPN's Fantasy games, you get it for free.

Comment

• Demon
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
      Yes. I created a password and username (to share with our donors ) Shhhh!
      Are you serious?

If not and you still subscribed, post some info :)
      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Sorry....it's posted in the No TOS forum......It's an unadvertised perk for those who help[ pay the bills.

Comment

• Demon
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
          Sorry....it's posted in the No TOS forum......It's an unadvertised perk for those who help[ pay the bills.
          No worries, i wasn't sure if you were serious or not.

I'm gonna subscribe anyways though, and not only for the insider report lol.
          Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• BillsFever
            Mr. Predictament
            • Feb 2003

I'm glad I brought this up. I planned on sending a donation anyway, and now I can get both for the price of one.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

i donated.. but my money wasnt enough to get into the secret handshake club of the No TOS zone..

gay.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

and espn insider is pretty much a waste of jack, imho..
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  i donated.. but my money wasnt enough to get into the secret handshake club of the No TOS zone..

gay.
                  Yes, it's very happy in there

We appreciate any contribution in helping defray the costs. If everyone donated a single buck who's a registered member, we could cover our costs for a season.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

well, i have had this arguement already.. but not letting someone into the no tos room because they only donated 5 bucks doesnt really show my money is appreciated.. but so be it..

i would recommend either donating enough to get the "perks" or dont do it at all after my experience.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka

i would recommend either donating enough to get the "perks" or dont do it at all after my experience.
                      Did you have a negative experience? Please let us know what happened so we can rectify any issues.

We could have hung out a shingle that said "Please Donate"

....and folks would have...$5 here, $10 there. No perks, but the donations would not approach what we have colllected so far.

We decided to put a shingle out that said "Please Donate" ...."and if you donate X amount, we will give you Y, and if you donate XXX amount, we will give you YYY. "

So T, if you donate $10, should we send you a $12 T shirt? We modeled this fundraising after what PBS does. You like the programming? Send in what you can. Send in a certain amount and we will try to repay you the best way we can.

It still astounds me that people will be generous and help out, but then complain about it.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

all i wanted was access to the no tos page.. that doesnt cost you any extra.. just to grant me access.. i was offered access to the espn insiders.. which i have and didnt need.. i just wanted to be part of the conversation in the other room.. but was told, sorry.. you didnt donate enough..

so yeah.. i was generous.. i helped out.. then got the door shut in my face, and am complaining about it..

but i have had this conversation with log.. and i am not trying to rehash it, or put the site down for their efforts, or work.. i love it here.. that is why i donated.. but once i found out that there was another room that i could go to, that is all i really wanted.. and i didnt think it was asking alot.. apparently it was.. and i am a big boy who will get over it.

but to answer your question.. no.. i dont want a 12$ t shirt for 10$.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

I give up

Comment

• lordofgun
                            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Bandwidth costs money. Every page load costs money. Every extra forum adds to the bandwidth usage, so yes, that extra forum does cost money.

But anyway.....every donation is appreciated.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• BillsFever
                              Mr. Predictament
                              • Feb 2003

Maybe I shouldn't have started this thread

Comment

Working...
                              X