PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody here have the ESPN Insider?

BillsFever
07-10-2003, 10:10 PM
I was wondering if it's worth the money? I would like to have it for football. I wouldn't care much about it after that except for maybe a little basketball.

Dozerdog
07-10-2003, 10:12 PM
Yes. I created a password and username (to share with our donors ) Shhhh!

It's OK- if you sign up and pay for ESPN's Fantasy games, you get it for free.

Demon
07-10-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Yes. I created a password and username (to share with our donors ) Shhhh!

Are you serious?

If not and you still subscribed, post some info :)

Dozerdog
07-10-2003, 10:18 PM
Sorry....it's posted in the No TOS forum......It's an unadvertised perk for those who help[ pay the bills.

Demon
07-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Sorry....it's posted in the No TOS forum......It's an unadvertised perk for those who help[ pay the bills.

No worries, i wasn't sure if you were serious or not.

I'm gonna subscribe anyways though, and not only for the insider report lol.

BillsFever
07-10-2003, 11:30 PM
I'm glad I brought this up. I planned on sending a donation anyway, and now I can get both for the price of one.

Tatonka
07-11-2003, 12:02 AM
i donated.. but my money wasnt enough to get into the secret handshake club of the No TOS zone..

gay.

Tatonka
07-11-2003, 12:02 AM
and espn insider is pretty much a waste of jack, imho..

Dozerdog
07-11-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i donated.. but my money wasnt enough to get into the secret handshake club of the No TOS zone..

gay.

Yes, it's very happy in there:D

We appreciate any contribution in helping defray the costs. If everyone donated a single buck who's a registered member, we could cover our costs for a season.

Tatonka
07-11-2003, 12:13 AM
well, i have had this arguement already.. but not letting someone into the no tos room because they only donated 5 bucks doesnt really show my money is appreciated.. but so be it..

i would recommend either donating enough to get the "perks" or dont do it at all after my experience.

Dozerdog
07-11-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

i would recommend either donating enough to get the "perks" or dont do it at all after my experience.

Did you have a negative experience? Please let us know what happened so we can rectify any issues.

We could have hung out a shingle that said "Please Donate"

....and folks would have...$5 here, $10 there. No perks, but the donations would not approach what we have colllected so far.

We decided to put a shingle out that said "Please Donate" ...."and if you donate X amount, we will give you Y, and if you donate XXX amount, we will give you YYY. "

So T, if you donate $10, should we send you a $12 T shirt? We modeled this fundraising after what PBS does. You like the programming? Send in what you can. Send in a certain amount and we will try to repay you the best way we can.

It still astounds me that people will be generous and help out, but then complain about it.

:huh:

Tatonka
07-11-2003, 12:27 AM
all i wanted was access to the no tos page.. that doesnt cost you any extra.. just to grant me access.. i was offered access to the espn insiders.. which i have and didnt need.. i just wanted to be part of the conversation in the other room.. but was told, sorry.. you didnt donate enough..

so yeah.. i was generous.. i helped out.. then got the door shut in my face, and am complaining about it..

but i have had this conversation with log.. and i am not trying to rehash it, or put the site down for their efforts, or work.. i love it here.. that is why i donated.. but once i found out that there was another room that i could go to, that is all i really wanted.. and i didnt think it was asking alot.. apparently it was.. and i am a big boy who will get over it.

but to answer your question.. no.. i dont want a 12$ t shirt for 10$.

Dozerdog
07-11-2003, 12:31 AM
I give up

lordofgun
07-11-2003, 12:35 AM
Bandwidth costs money. Every page load costs money. Every extra forum adds to the bandwidth usage, so yes, that extra forum does cost money.

But anyway.....every donation is appreciated.

BillsFever
07-11-2003, 12:36 AM
Maybe I shouldn't have started this thread :lol:

BillsFever
07-11-2003, 12:38 AM
So everytime BOA spams an entire 50 reply thread by himself, it cost you guys money? I'd be banning his ass :snicker:

Or everytime us addicted Zoner keeps refreshing the page to see if we missed anything it cost money?

lordofgun
07-11-2003, 12:41 AM
Yep. It's more complicated than that, but basically, you're correct.

Why do you think we added the quick reply? quick quote? It saves an entire page load every time someone uses that rather than the alternative of clicking POST REPLY or quoting the old way. Over time, it adds up.

BillsFever
07-11-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun

Why do you think we added the quick reply? quick quote?

To make it easier for us :snicker:

Dozerdog
07-11-2003, 12:44 AM
That's why we have to restrict file sizes for attachments as well.

We constantly have to strike the balance between having cool graphics, and all the bells and whistles that make this place fun as compared with having a very boring stark page.

BillsFever
07-11-2003, 12:45 AM
Whatever your doing don't change a thing, because this place is the bomb.

Dozerdog
07-11-2003, 12:48 AM
:up: Thanks@!!

BillsFever
07-11-2003, 12:53 AM
This place has more news then any other Bills site I see out there.

Go over and look at your competition, none of them have nearly as many news stories from around the NFL or the other sports.

I don't know if it's because of the love of the NFL, the love of BFZ, or the love of Zonebucks, but whatever the reason it's working. It's probably a mixture of each. At least that's how it is for me.

lordofgun
07-11-2003, 01:02 AM
For instance, so far this month, the site has had 2,434,208 hits. This includes page loads, image loads, etc.

We're about 1/3 through the month, so multiply that by at least 3 since training camp will pick things up a bit.

We come up with a projected 7,302,624 hits this month if everything remains on pace. The site costs roughly $250/month to run and maintain.

Therefore, if my math is correct, it costs roughly .0035 cents per hit to keep her running. :D

:dizzy:

mvb1781
07-11-2003, 01:11 AM
i have espn insider it was pretty good for football when the free agency period was goin crazy there r a few other perks but the main one is that u get espn the mag statin in january

BillsFever
07-11-2003, 01:44 AM
I subscribed their magazine when they first came out. It wasn't too bad.

I know I could care less about SI. Who wants to pay money to read news that happened during the month? You can get that online if you want it that bad.

BillsFever
07-11-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
For instance, so far this month, the site has had 2,434,208 hits. This includes page loads, image loads, etc.

We're about 1/3 through the month, so multiply that by at least 3 since training camp will pick things up a bit.

We come up with a projected 7,302,624 hits this month if everything remains on pace. The site costs roughly $250/month to run and maintain.

Therefore, if my math is correct, it costs roughly .0035 cents per hit to keep her running. :D

:dizzy:

You'll have to start charging some of these spammers by the post :lol:

The_Philster
07-11-2003, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by BillsFever
I subscribed their magazine when they first came out. It wasn't too bad.

I did as well....had a subscription for the first 3 years of its existence.

No doubt. :up:

Jan Reimers
07-11-2003, 07:13 AM
I made a donation several weeks ago through PayPal, which emailed me a receipt, but never recieved anything from BillsZone and am still not able to access NO TOS. The donation was platinum level. Can anyone help?

Tatonka
07-11-2003, 07:24 AM

i agree.. that is why i gave money in the first place..

the no tos zone cant handle me anyways. :teeth:

Dozerdog
07-11-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
I made a donation several weeks ago through PayPal, which emailed me a receipt, but never recieved anything from BillsZone and am still not able to access NO TOS. The donation was platinum level. Can anyone help?

Absolutely!

Eb, our Treasurer, has taken a month sabbatical and sometimes the donations updates a re a bit slow.

I'll get on it immediatly

clumping platelets
07-11-2003, 08:36 AM

Brown noser

Mr. Miyagi
07-11-2003, 08:49 AM
Are we expecting anything less from BFever?

BillsFever
07-12-2003, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets

Brown noser

Because I like the site? I guess I won't compliment anymore.