Maybe we can talk Cleveland into taking Mario Williams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Maybe we can talk Cleveland into taking Mario Williams?

The Bills froze during day one of FA & cut our only QB. Knowing now that we're at least 2 years away from being decent, why spend all this money on Mario? We're better off diversifying our resources to other positions of need & not keeping the shiny penny.

Our current ownership / management structure isn't going to change & we're 13 years out of the playoffs. I see us going nowhere until we get a new owner & he cuts bait, so Mario is a useless luxury that gets us exactly where we are, nowhere. Take 2 first round picks from Cleveland (6th $ ?) & ship him off, we need the picks.
    Last edited by Skooby; 03-13-2013, 05:26 AM.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Maybe we can talk Cleveland into taking Mario Williams?

That's amazing. I've never seen anything like this...

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      • May 2009

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
      The Bills froze during day one of FA & cut our only QB. Knowing now that we're at least 2 years away from being decent, why spend all this money on Mario? We're better off diversifying our resources to other positions of need & not keeping the shiny penny.

Our current ownership / management structure isn't going to change & we're 13 years out of the playoffs. I see us going nowhere until we get a new owner & he cuts bait, so Mario is a useless luxury that gets us exactly where we are, nowhere. Take 2 first round picks from Cleveland (6th $ ?) & ship him off, we need the picks.
      No

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post

i wouldn't be disappointed if this happened. i can not envision this team getting more than 3 wins. and even if they start out hot, i don't see them having enough depth to not be calling Leon Joe somewhere in week 8.

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

I love u Mitch, but this is the dumbest thread I've ever seen from u.

No one.. I repeat... No one.. Would be dumb enough to trade two first round picks in addition to taking on that dumb ass contract in order to obtain the super services of Mario "Fool's Gold" Williams.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

the trade is too rich, i agree. i just won't mind seeing mario moved to get a pick or two...

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by coastal View Post
              I love u Mitch, but this is the dumbest thread I've ever seen from u.

No one.. I repeat... No one.. Would be dumb enough to trade two first round picks in addition to taking on that dumb ass contract in order to obtain the super services of Mario "Fool's Gold" Williams.
              I pushed it a touch on the high compensation but the idea of moving Mario for a few picks is sound, love you too hi C.

Comment

• coastal
                Legendary Zoner
                • Mar 2005

What's the salary cap hit for dumping that sack of ****?

Comment

• CleveSteve
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                  That's amazing. I've never seen anything like this...

http://www.trbimg.com/img-5109a82f/t...30/600/600x338
                  lmao

What's the salary cap hit for dumping that sack of ****?
                  Cap hit of $15.2 if traded. Cap number of $12.4 this year if on roster.

A current summary of Buffalo Bills 2024 player cap & cash figures.

Man, you guys sure are tough on a guy that had 10.5 sacks last year.

Why the Browns? They Browns are moving to a 3-4 this year. I'm sure the Cowboys would be EXTREMELY interested if they can find a way to finagle the cap room.
                  Last edited by CleveSteve; 03-13-2013, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• coastal
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by CleveSteve View Post
                    lmao

Why the Browns? They Browns are moving to a 3-4 this year. I'm sure the Cowboys would be EXTREMELY interested if they can find a way to finagle the cap room.
                    Did u watch him play last year?

Comment

• CleveSteve
                      • Apr 2011

Did u watch him play last year?
                      Not nearly as much as you did, I'm sure.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

i'd be happier with him if he had less sacks but was a force to be reckoned with every game. he isn't

true, it could all be wrist injury, etc, but the bills have just signed us all onto a 3 year rebuild. he wasn't signing up for a rebuild. he was signing as a piece of the puzzle that was supposedly close.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by CleveSteve View Post
                          lmao

The guy is getting a little over a $mil per sack at this point. He disappears from games a lot. Mario is a solid player but hasn't been a game changer. I was hoping to hear any kind of news that Buffalo was talking to Mario about restructuring his contract. Other then Indy and Houston his sacks came against bad teams. For $100 million he better get to Brady this year. This is some of why people are tough on him.

Comment

• jamze132
                            • Jun 2003

Mario isn't going to be too happy playing a lot of 3-4 this season. Besides the $100M he go, I'm sure he wanted to play in a 4-3 since he feels the most comfortable in that role, so he says. But I have no doubts he'll still produce as an OLB.

Comment

• coastal
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

I give a rats ass what Mario is most comfortable in... sack up and make a difference anyway you can.

Comment

Working...
                              X