PDA

View Full Version : Maybe we can talk Cleveland into taking Mario Williams?

Skooby
03-13-2013, 05:25 AM
The Bills froze during day one of FA & cut our only QB. Knowing now that we're at least 2 years away from being decent, why spend all this money on Mario? We're better off diversifying our resources to other positions of need & not keeping the shiny penny.

Our current ownership / management structure isn't going to change & we're 13 years out of the playoffs. I see us going nowhere until we get a new owner & he cuts bait, so Mario is a useless luxury that gets us exactly where we are, nowhere. Take 2 first round picks from Cleveland (6th $ ?) & ship him off, we need the picks.

Night Train
03-13-2013, 05:41 AM
That's amazing. I've never seen anything like this...

http://www.trbimg.com/img-5109a82f/turbine/ct-ent-beck-bennett-1.jpg-20130130/600/600x338

BertSquirtgum
03-13-2013, 05:48 AM
The Bills froze during day one of FA & cut our only QB. Knowing now that we're at least 2 years away from being decent, why spend all this money on Mario? We're better off diversifying our resources to other positions of need & not keeping the shiny penny.

Our current ownership / management structure isn't going to change & we're 13 years out of the playoffs. I see us going nowhere until we get a new owner & he cuts bait, so Mario is a useless luxury that gets us exactly where we are, nowhere. Take 2 first round picks from Cleveland (6th $ ?) & ship him off, we need the picks.

No

trapezeus
03-13-2013, 07:53 AM

i wouldn't be disappointed if this happened. i can not envision this team getting more than 3 wins. and even if they start out hot, i don't see them having enough depth to not be calling Leon Joe somewhere in week 8.

coastal
03-13-2013, 07:58 AM
I love u Mitch, but this is the dumbest thread I've ever seen from u.

No one.. I repeat... No one.. Would be dumb enough to trade two first round picks in addition to taking on that dumb ass contract in order to obtain the super services of Mario "Fool's Gold" Williams.

trapezeus
03-13-2013, 08:02 AM
the trade is too rich, i agree. i just won't mind seeing mario moved to get a pick or two...

Skooby
03-13-2013, 08:03 AM

No one.. I repeat... No one.. Would be dumb enough to trade two first round picks in addition to taking on that dumb ass contract in order to obtain the super services of Mario "Fool's Gold" Williams.

I pushed it a touch on the high compensation but the idea of moving Mario for a few picks is sound, love you too hi C.

coastal
03-13-2013, 08:04 AM
What's the salary cap hit for dumping that sack of ****?

CleveSteve
03-13-2013, 09:28 AM
That's amazing. I've never seen anything like this...

http://www.trbimg.com/img-5109a82f/turbine/ct-ent-beck-bennett-1.jpg-20130130/600/600x338

lmao

What's the salary cap hit for dumping that sack of ****?

Cap hit of $15.2 if traded. Cap number of $12.4 this year if on roster.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap-hit/

Man, you guys sure are tough on a guy that had 10.5 sacks last year.

Why the Browns? They Browns are moving to a 3-4 this year. I'm sure the Cowboys would be EXTREMELY interested if they can find a way to finagle the cap room.

coastal
03-13-2013, 09:40 AM
lmao

Why the Browns? They Browns are moving to a 3-4 this year. I'm sure the Cowboys would be EXTREMELY interested if they can find a way to finagle the cap room.
Did u watch him play last year?

CleveSteve
03-13-2013, 09:45 AM
Did u watch him play last year?

Not nearly as much as you did, I'm sure. :whistle:

trapezeus
03-13-2013, 10:01 AM
i'd be happier with him if he had less sacks but was a force to be reckoned with every game. he isn't

true, it could all be wrist injury, etc, but the bills have just signed us all onto a 3 year rebuild. he wasn't signing up for a rebuild. he was signing as a piece of the puzzle that was supposedly close.

BADTHINGSMAN
03-13-2013, 10:16 AM
lmao

The guy is getting a little over a $mil per sack at this point. He disappears from games a lot. Mario is a solid player but hasn't been a game changer. I was hoping to hear any kind of news that Buffalo was talking to Mario about restructuring his contract. Other then Indy and Houston his sacks came against bad teams. For $100 million he better get to Brady this year. This is some of why people are tough on him.

jamze132
03-13-2013, 10:22 AM
Mario isn't going to be too happy playing a lot of 3-4 this season. Besides the $100M he go, I'm sure he wanted to play in a 4-3 since he feels the most comfortable in that role, so he says. But I have no doubts he'll still produce as an OLB.

coastal
03-13-2013, 11:07 AM
I give a rats ass what Mario is most comfortable in... sack up and make a difference anyway you can.

PTI
03-13-2013, 11:24 AM
Mario was a lot better after the surgery.

IAG
03-13-2013, 11:38 AM
Mario will have a better year.

coastal
03-13-2013, 01:24 PM
Mario was a lot better after the surgery.
The one he claimed he had?

That was all a crock of ****.

Ginger Vitis
03-13-2013, 01:32 PM
I love u Mitch,

I love how Mitch would offer the Jets Fred Jackson and a 5th Round Pick for Darrelle Revis and then would expect 2 !st Round picks for Mario Williams but Mitch would still probably be a more competent GM than Buddy Nix

Mr. Pink
03-13-2013, 02:14 PM
Cleveland plays a 3-4. Mario doesn't like the 3-4. Cleveland wouldn't even trade a 7th for him as he doesn't fit.

kishoph
03-13-2013, 02:20 PM

So it's no longer Ralph is a cheap bastard, now it's, he spends to much on players.

mjt328
03-13-2013, 03:00 PM
The Bills will not be a competitive team until they get a decent quarterback. Period.

It doesn't matter if they are paying $100 million to Mario Williams, or $100 million to five mid-level starters. It doesn't matter who they re-sign and who they let walk. It doesn't matter if we are active in free agency or sit on our hands for 2 weeks. Honestly, it just doesn't matter.

If Nix can get that quarterback in this draft (or maybe even next year), the acquisition of Mario may still be worth the effort. Pass rushers of his caliber aren't easy to come by. But every year that passes without a good starting quarterback, all of the movement on our other 52 players is basically a waste.

k-oneputt
03-13-2013, 03:08 PM
It's simple.
Let's start again:
QB
Lines
Backs/wr's

The Bills work in the opposite direction, thus losing.

Extremebillsfan247
03-13-2013, 03:39 PM

Our current ownership / management structure isn't going to change & we're 13 years out of the playoffs. I see us going nowhere until we get a new owner & he cuts bait, so Mario is a useless luxury that gets us exactly where we are, nowhere. Take 2 first round picks from Cleveland (6th $ ?) & ship him off, we need the picks. Good luck pitching that to Mike Pettine without him laughing you out of the building. However, even if the Bills did decide to put him on the block, you probably wouldn't get a lot of enthusiastic suitors based on his performance last year. Mario has gained a rep for loafing his way through a season. Not a rep you want with the price tag he comes with. He'd be tough to get rid of without cutting him from the team. JMO

Night Train
03-13-2013, 03:52 PM
In signing Manny Lawson today, they filled an OLB hole and also brought one of Mario Williams best friends to Buffalo. Think this was just a coincidence ? They want a happy Mario for the new coach.

Start thinking up some other scenerios in your 24/7 free time.

Skooby
03-13-2013, 05:21 PM
In signing Manny Lawson today, they filled an OLB hole and also brought one of Mario Williams best friends to Buffalo. Think this was just a coincidence ? They want a happy Mario for the new coach.

Start thinking up some other scenerios in your 24/7 free time.

I feel trampled & obviously it's probably the case here to keep Mario happy.

more cowbell
03-13-2013, 05:32 PM
This is without a doubt the stupidest thread i've ever read in my life. The guy had 10.5 sacks on one of the worst defenses ever in NFL history. He didn't meet the lofty expectations that came with his contract, however, was still one of the best players on our team.

Skooby
03-13-2013, 06:09 PM
This is without a doubt the stupidest thread i've ever read in my life. The guy had 10.5 sacks on one of the worst defenses ever in NFL history. He didn't meet the lofty expectations that came with his contract, however, was still one of the best players on our team.

It's hard to go anywhere in FA with this amount of money dedicated to a guy that won't perform properly in our new 3-4 D, just to be clear.

more cowbell
03-13-2013, 06:15 PM
Who said that he cant perform properly in a 3-4?

Just to be clear, its never been confirmed that we are switching to a 3-4. With that being said, when Mario did play in a 3-4...he averaged a sack a game prior to being placed on IR in 2011.

The Jokeman
03-13-2013, 06:21 PM

Mario helped the team get 36 sacks last season, the highest sack total we've had since 2006 when we had 40. As from 2006-2011 we only eclipsed 30 plus sacks twice (2006 and 2010 when had 32). Call him "Fool's Gold" all you want but he did make a significant contribution to the team inspite of all your ranting.