PDA

View Full Version : Look at the Pats...

X-Era
03-13-2013, 06:02 AM
Some of you are freaking out about us not signing anyone.

Well many of you love the Pats and what they do every year...

And they have signed no one so far.

Beyond that they are miles apart from a deal with Welker who probably wants Mike Wallace money.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/report-wes-welker-deal-with-patriots-isnt-anywhere-near-close/

Yes they are a perennial playoff team. Some of you will say, get a great team and then you can handle things like the Pats do.

But some of you will claim they are masters of personnel moves and that's a big part of why they are where they are. And that their prudent moves in FA is a major part of their sustained success. So you would boast about what they are doing with Welker but will slam us for not paying top dollar?

Are the Bills supposed to be like the Pats or not?

Personally I think the Pats are overrated across the board and that a HOF HC and QB masks a lot of sub-par FA and draft moves.

But my point is that some fans here want us to be like the Pats... and right now we are... But were still wrong.

swiper
03-13-2013, 06:06 AM
Your premise is wrong.

The Patriots CAN sign about anyone they choose to.

No one wants to come to the Bills. Now it is especially the case because they have no QBs with none on the horizon. Their outlook is 2 - 3 wins at best.

X-Era
03-13-2013, 06:16 AM
Your premise is wrong.

No one wants to come to the Bills. Now it is especially the case because they have no QBs with none on the horizon. Their outlook is 2 - 3 wins at best.
LOL. Well that didn't take long. Your argument fits the mold I cast... You seem to be making my argument.

DraftBoy
03-13-2013, 06:26 AM
Your premise is wrong.

Yes but the Pats were once where the Bills are now. Consistent cellar dwellers who couldn't do anything right. They built this model and its worked and the players have adjusted.

kingJofNYC
03-13-2013, 06:49 AM
I don't believe most people are in panic mode because the Bills didn't sign anyone. Fans are fed up with losing one of the team's best player's once again. Team has holes at LB/QB/OL/WR/CB/S and Nix can't draft after the first round, his history here is extremely poor. FA isn't going to fix this team's problems, and most fans realize this.

Its the incompetency at the top that frustrates fans. Also, never compare this team to the Pats of today, makes very little sense to do so.

Bone
03-13-2013, 06:56 AM
I didn't suspect the Bills to do much in FA this year. New coach, regime, and now no quarterback. I hope to see at least some planned visits today for Buffalo.

trapezeus
03-13-2013, 07:24 AM
it also helps that they cheat and could win with cassell who can't win period.

patriots are their own thing.

the bills let good players go in levitre. kicked fitz to the curb a year too late because they signed him trying to save money after 5 wins and paid for it dearly. had they done what many asked and let him play that season out, he would have been a free agent two seasons ago. we could have maybe gone after peyton with a decent receiving core and a talented backfield. we could have passed on mario and still fielded the worst defense and still probably made the playoffs. then we could afford to take one of these qb's with a 18 and higher pick. but that's not hte bills.

i love that fans can try and defend this front office 13 missed playoff seasons, an accomplishment not even the lions could match.

i have not renewed my season tickets and tweeted russ brandon. some wanker wrote back, "more tickets for fans!"

ThunderGun
03-13-2013, 07:31 AM
I'm certainly not in panic mode. I didn't want to overpay Levitre, Ellerbe, Wallace, ect.

But I am pretty pissed off that we didn't go hard after one of the TE's. TE seemed like the one hole that would be very easy to fill in Free Agency this year. But now, Bennett, Delanie Walker (the 2 guys I really wanted), Cook, Casey and Fasano are all signed. And Keller is visiting the Dolphins today. I'm sure they'll sign him pretty quickly, because they missed out on Cook. Unless we sign Brandon Myers, we will have zero production from our Tight Ends again next year, because I don't think Chandler will be healthy to start the season, and I doubt he'll be very good when he does come back.

ThunderGun
03-13-2013, 07:32 AM
And I don't think the Patriots argument holds water. What holes do they have? CB? WR, if they lose Welker, but there are a bunch of WR's on the market who could fill that role for them. They didn't make any moves, because they don't have to.

RedEyE
03-13-2013, 07:35 AM
Pats in the running for Joshua Cribbs.

X-Era
03-13-2013, 07:36 AM
I'm certainly not in panic mode. I didn't want to overpay Levitre, Ellerbe, Wallace, ect.

But I am pretty pissed off that we didn't go hard after one of the TE's. TE seemed like the one hole that would be very easy to fill in Free Agency this year. But now, Bennett, Delanie Walker (the 2 guys I really wanted), Cook, Casey and Fasano are all signed. And Keller is visiting the Dolphins today. I'm sure they'll sign him pretty quickly, because they missed out on Cook. Unless we sign Brandon Myers, we will have zero production from our Tight Ends again next year, because I don't think Chandler will be healthy to start the season, and I doubt he'll be very good when he does come back.A rookie can't produce? And Keller hasn't signed yet. It hasn't even been 24 hours.

X-Era
03-13-2013, 07:39 AM
And I don't think the Patriots argument holds water. What holes do they have? CB? WR, if they lose Welker, but there are a bunch of WR's on the market who could fill that role for them. They didn't make any moves, because they don't have to.Their defense is pretty bad and has been. They have the 29th ranked pass D. Edleman is a FA, and they are sticking to their guns on Welker.

venis2k1
03-13-2013, 07:43 AM
the bills let good players go in levitre. kicked fitz to the curb a year too late because they signed him trying to save money after 5 wins and paid for it dearly. had they done what many asked and let him play that season out, he would have been a free agent two seasons ago. we could have maybe gone after peyton with a decent receiving core and a talented backfield. we could have passed on mario and still fielded the worst defense and still probably made the playoffs. then we could afford to take one of these qb's with a 18 and higher pick. but that's not hte bills

While i agree with the basis of your post, signing fitz midway though the season was very, very dumb.(i dont think anybody will argue that) We never had a shot at Payton. Not even in my wildest fantasy could i believe that. He turned down Miami, Tenn, SF to go to Denver.

trapezeus
03-13-2013, 07:50 AM
While i agree with the basis of your post, signing fitz midway though the season was very, very dumb.(i dont think anybody will argue that) We never had a shot at Payton. Not even in my wildest fantasy could i believe that. He turned down Miami, Tenn, SF to go to Denver.

true, but if the bills were willing to throw stupid money around that year, i think thye could have gotten peyton and they could have gotten an impact player from him. they told themselves they were set with fitz and then sat on their hands trying to get him a defense so he could manage a game. and the bills were too far away depth wise to put together a dominant defense.

now we are stuck with no qb, the only real option is to put a rookie in. Tjax should be the guy put in no matter what on day 1. i would hate to ruin the rookie with an OL who hasn't played together, a WR core that is suspect at best and no TE. That is the losman way of ruining a high pick (not defending losman).

Marrone will have to work magic with two coordinators who never called plays with only 6 picks to bolster a team that they just gutted the depth on and little action in free agency.

then pair that coach with a GM who is uncomfortable using a telephone. This does not bode well.

the real skill of russ brandon isn't that he sells football in buffalo. it's that he makes football in buffalo so unbareable..

Mahdi
03-13-2013, 07:58 AM
The Bills right now are a 1-15 team. That's why FAs will not come in for a visit. Unless we get some miracle QB in the draft and hit on our 2nd and 3rd round picks perfectly this team is going to reach new lows.

We have 1 WR, 1 good DE, no QB, no TE, no LBs, short a starting CB, unsure at safety, we have 1 guard.

I actually think they are planning to tank the season and get the 1st overall.

kingJofNYC
03-13-2013, 07:58 AM
Buddy said this team would be built via the draft.

*Looks at Buddy's Draft History"

HAHAHAHAHAHA

And Nix is still running things. I'll stop *****ing when he's out a job.

Mski
03-13-2013, 08:03 AM
Yes but the Pats were once where the Bills are now. Consistent cellar dwellers who couldn't do anything right. They built this model and its worked and the players have adjusted.
and what changed with that orginazation to change the culture? ownership... untill that happens here the culture will not change

justasportsfan
03-13-2013, 08:05 AM
the pats can afford not to get FA's because they stockpile draft picks and have a coach that can develop more players for future draft trades

EDS
03-13-2013, 08:06 AM
Some of you are freaking out about us not signing anyone.

Well many of you love the Pats and what they do every year...

And they have signed no one so far.

Beyond that they are miles apart from a deal with Welker who probably wants Mike Wallace money.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/report-wes-welker-deal-with-patriots-isnt-anywhere-near-close/

Yes they are a perennial playoff team. Some of you will say, get a great team and then you can handle things like the Pats do.

But some of you will claim they are masters of personnel moves and that's a big part of why they are where they are. And that their prudent moves in FA is a major part of their sustained success. So you would boast about what they are doing with Welker but will slam us for not paying top dollar?

Are the Bills supposed to be like the Pats or not?

Personally I think the Pats are overrated across the board and that a HOF HC and QB masks a lot of sub-par FA and draft moves.

But my point is that some fans here want us to be like the Pats... and right now we are... But were still wrong.

So the Bills would be better off if they sat on their hands last year during free agency?

swiper
03-14-2013, 05:53 AM
LOL. Well that didn't take long. Your argument fits the mold I cast... You seem to be making my argument.

It is not an argument. It is a fact.

swiper
03-14-2013, 05:54 AM

Ummm. The answer to the Patriot issue is ..... (drum roll please) ..... Robert Kraft.

Go get Buffalo a real owner.

swiper
03-15-2013, 04:42 PM
The Bills right now are a 1-15 team. That's why FAs will not come in for a visit.

I actually think they are planning to tank the season and get the 1st overall.

They are not even tanking it right. The Jets are beating them at that. When they trade Revis, they will have sealed the #1 pick for 2014.