• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Sullys Article On Fitz - That Was Spot On

Well written piece.

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Bone
    Bone
    • Oct 2006

Re: Sullys Article On Fitz - That Was Spot On

Good luck to Fitz. A true competitor and a hard nosed player. I'll never forget when he got in Brandon Spikes face. God Bless
    BILLIEVE

Comment

• Buddo
      • Mar 2007

That it is. One of the grouch's best, tbh.
      The 'gunslinger with a popgun' aspect was pretty much spot on, too.

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

Good article, but he had to go. There was no way OBD was going to sell tickets with Fitz at the helm again.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
          Good article, but he had to go. There was no way OBD was going to sell tickets with Fitz at the helm again.

now they are selling TJax. did things get better? and without an OL or capable WR or TE with only 6 picks because we traded up to get a WR who wold have been there if we waited and passed on QB who a lot of fans thought would be a good choice. Soooooooo, selling tickets clearly has nothing to do with who the team fields. they wear our colors and we love them for that.

i for one can't renew my seasons watching them do the same thing every time and expect me to believe we have a shot at being good.

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

Great read, and to be honest the good guys in this league deserve articles like this, there are not many of them anymore. I wish him the best.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

It was hard to root against Fitz because he had a great sense of humor and a true nice guy.

This time around however, he lacked the confidence to go out and win the job and stick it to Nix all over again.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                • May 2009

Fitz was nothing more than a back up. Gailey's belief in the guy led to his demise. Gailey's offense could have worked better if he didn't put all that blind faith on a talentless quarterback. I still believe to this day that the awful head coach Gailey begged and pleaded Buddy to sign Fitz. It was more proof to me last year when Gailey wouldn't even dress T-Jackson that Ryan was his golden boy. I also wonder why Buddy is still employed because he's made some pretty boneheaded decisions as GM.
                Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 03-13-2013, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

And how stupid is Nix for falling for that gag?

Comment

• PTI
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2011

Fitz's inflated sense of himself is the reason he sucked as a QB, his ability was just not there, and by refusing to accept that it caused him to turn the ball over a ton.

Comment

• Cleve
                      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                      Fitz was nothing more than a back up. Gailey's belief in the guy led to his demise. Gailey's offense could have worked better if he didn't put all that blind faith on a talentless quarterback. I still believe to this day that the awful head coach Gailey begged and pleaded Buddy to sign Fitz. It was more proof to me last year when Gailey wouldn't even dress T-Jackson that Ryan was his golden boy. I also wonder why Buddy is still employed because he's made some pretty boneheaded decisions as GM.

I shed zero - ZERO tears over Fitzpatrick's departure. It was an absolute joke that this team, under the direction of one Ralph Wilson Jr, anointed a bottom-shelf backup as the "Franchise QB" in the first place. This is a guy that the RAMS didn't even want, for pity's sake!

The guy performed exactly as his stats prior to starting with the Bills would lead any REASONABLE person with half a brain to believe he would. He should have NEVER been in that position in the first place. Even MORE ridiculous was that this idiotic 'experiment' continued for 3 1/2 seasons! What a waste of time and squandering of opportunities to get a REAL quarterback. And the "genius" GM, Buddy Nix, it took him 3 1/2 years to figure out that all the guy can compete for is a backup position?

I knew that as SOON as he was signed he was not a decent QB, just from his past performance, and was doubly-certain I was correct after I saw his performance during his first few starts in 2009.

Good riddance - his departure is about 3 years overdue. Nothing against him as a person, but as a QB he STINKS!!!!!
                      Last edited by Cleve; 03-13-2013, 10:04 AM.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                      per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

He was a family man and father of four who wore his wedding ring in games, which went over well with women.
                        "Oh, I don't know why you're so hard on Fitz, honey. Sure he threw away another season, but he wears his wedding ring on the field! How adorable is that?"

Signed
                        Some woman about to get dumped

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• DynaPaul
                          • Sep 2003

Fitzpatrick should have taken the new deal. It was very fair given the results and performance we got out of him and he would have gotten to stay here. He will not start anywhere unless there's an injury.

Comment

• Cleve
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by DevilPaul View Post
                            Fitzpatrick should have taken the new deal.

I am just happy he didn't, and is gone for good.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                            per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

Working...
                            X