Maximilli
03-13-2013, 09:29 AM
How u feel about benard pollard

nolimit
03-13-2013, 09:29 AM
If sign him just to take out Brady again

CleveSteve
03-13-2013, 09:30 AM
I hate that dude but he's probably your best option in Free Agency and allows you to focus day 1 and 2 picks on other areas (ahem... QB, WR to name a couple)

ThunderGun
03-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Dude is a Patriot killer.

Hasn't he knocked Brady, Welker and Gronk out for the season?

Maximilli
03-13-2013, 09:38 AM
LMAO u guys would sign him just for that lol

Generalissimus Gibby
03-13-2013, 09:46 AM
**** yeah, two games against the pats two dead pats boom! Sign him.

CleveSteve
03-13-2013, 09:52 AM
**** yeah, two games against the pats two dead pats boom! Sign him.

You stay classy, Buffalo, lol.

trapezeus
03-13-2013, 09:57 AM
oh boo hoo. a couple patriots get hurt playing this guy...meanwhile they cheat with no shame and with no answers and its business as usual. Perhaps this is the karma check being cashed.

I'd be ecstatic on getting pollard in here simply to get in the patriots heads. they are a different team when teams smack them around. even with the cheating, marsha gets hurried and scared and then just yells at everyone else.

venis2k1
03-13-2013, 10:26 AM
Why would they let him go?

He is young(28) Cheap(2 million this year) and tons of experience starting. On a team that is losing players left and right, why would you ship pollard out of town?

ThunderGun
03-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Why would they let him go?

He is young(28) Cheap(2 million this year) and tons of experience starting. On a team that is losing players left and right, why would you ship pollard out of town?

Pollard had a $3.25 million cap figure and a $500K roster bonus. The Flacco deal is forcing them to lose lots of other players.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-13-2013, 10:38 AM

and he concussed the crap out of Stevan Ridley this year. I mean, once is a fluke, twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern. What's four? A vendetta.

mjt328
03-13-2013, 10:41 AM

Yes.
We should sign him for that reason alone.

venis2k1
03-13-2013, 10:42 AM
Still thats peanuts for a starting caliber vet saftey. (also, the bonus is included in the 3.25)

Also, its my understanding that Flaccos cap hit this year is only 6.8 million. They are in cap trouble, but its not really Flaccos fault(this year anyways)

I understand letting Kruger and Ellerbe go, they got paid huge. Also Boldin makes sense(7.5 mil cap hit). This one smells funny to me.

Joe Fo Sho
03-13-2013, 10:45 AM
ESPN is reporting that the Ravens will cut ties with him. Why would anybody not want this guy?

IlluminatusUIUC
03-13-2013, 10:53 AM
Pollard had a $3.25 million cap figure and a $500K roster bonus. The Flacco deal is forcing them to lose lots of other players.

The Flacco deal only accounts for 6.8 million against the cap this year. I think the real reasons are more complicated. For one thing, the Boldin trade isn't complete yet because he's overseas doing charity work or something. Until that deal gets done, Boldin is sitting on their cap preventing them from signing players.

What's more, despite Pollard's rep as a Pat killer (which of course I love), the guy isn't that great in coverage. In Baltimore, when you've got Webb playing the outside and Reed playing centerfield, you can afford to have a safety who's free lancing a little underneath. But with Reed getting old and likely leaving, they probably want to go a different direction at the SS spot. He was on this third team in 6 years for a reason.

Generalissimus Gibby
03-13-2013, 10:54 AM
I want this guy, he has been my favorite KC Chief, Houston Texan, and Baltimore Ravens. He puts Pats on IR and we need that. Bernie would be for us the greatest DB free agent signee since Leonard Smith

Mouldsie
03-13-2013, 12:09 PM
If he's seriously becoming available I would not think twice about it

trapezeus
03-13-2013, 12:22 PM
Still thats peanuts for a starting caliber vet saftey. (also, the bonus is included in the 3.25)

Also, its my understanding that Flaccos cap hit this year is only 6.8 million. They are in cap trouble, but its not really Flaccos fault(this year anyways)

I understand letting Kruger and Ellerbe go, they got paid huge. Also Boldin makes sense(7.5 mil cap hit). This one smells funny to me.

Smells funny? is this not the florida marlins textbook winning championship and gutting of team? makes a lot of money if you feel like you don't a dynasty on your hands. and the ravens had a lot of old players.

stuckincincy
03-13-2013, 12:24 PM

Yep. Wonder what's up? :;:

Mouldsie
03-13-2013, 12:59 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/ravens/2013/03/13/baltimore-ravens-release-safety-bernard-pollard/1984281/

Get him now

IlluminatusUIUC
03-13-2013, 01:13 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/mutiny-may-have-been-a-factor-in-pollard-release/

More specifically, we’re now getting the clear impression that last year’s incident that, as reported by Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports, was “practically a mutiny (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--john-harbaugh-kept-ravens-on-track-despite--mutiny--at-practice-in-october--164505133.html),” has contributed to the departure of Pollard — and could result in more players being purged.

And he’s where it gets really interesting. (Or at least less uninteresting.) Silver specifically mentioned Pollard and Ed Reed (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2222/ed-reed) as instigators of the mutiny.

Coincidentally, we’re now getting indications that the Ravens don’t want Reed back.

So while coach John Harbaugh handled a difficult situation very well at the time (as evidenced by the team’s Super Bowl trophy), it looks like Harbaugh may have decided that, at the appropriate time, he’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Interesting.

mikemac2001
03-13-2013, 01:15 PM
i mean i love the guy ....but really he is on a new team every year its a sign that maybe he causes problems

Mr. Miyagi
03-13-2013, 01:19 PM
ESPN is reporting that the Ravens will cut ties with him. Why would anybody not want this guy?
Bring him in NOW.

Tatonka
03-13-2013, 01:42 PM
hell yes i would take him.

BLeonard
03-13-2013, 01:56 PM
I'd sign him just to make sure the Patriots don't... Pretty sure they could find a spot for him in their secondary.

-Bill

IlluminatusUIUC
03-13-2013, 02:02 PM
I'd sign him just to make sure the Patriots don't... Pretty sure they could find a spot for him in their secondary.

-Bill

They wouldn't risk practicing against him. They would happily sign Pollard so they could send him on a paid vacation to Europe.

venis2k1
03-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Ahhhh. Locker Room Cancer. Told you something smelled funny here.