• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Can anyone spin the following to be a positive

I tweeted Russ Brandon last night that the empty gesture of culture change has made me decide to forgo season tickets this year.

Some other wanker responds, "Good, more tickets for fans."

So i thought about the changes since we announced the "change in culture" and am wondering how i am possibly missing how this team has a shot. So optimists, give it to me. point by point, how are the items below actually positives. Thanks in advance.

1. Resign a CB who returns punts well on a team that can't get teams to punt. Additionally he was so bad, we passed on collin kaepernick to pick up a. Wililams to replace him. now we are saying "he has a chance to start."
    2. We resign a center who can't finish a season. but we let the guy who has always played since he was drafted at a high level in his position and filled in when our depth wasn't there.
    3. Hired a coach with a .500 record in a sub par school.
    4. Gave him two coordinators who never have called plays.
    5. Gave that group a GM who has blown 3 drafts by cutting multiple drafted players prior to the start of the season!
    6. Cut the two leading tacklers on team. Albeit not stars, they would provide depth.
    7. Cut a WR who caught a lot of passes from an inaccurate passer. and when accurate passes came his way, he returned it for a TD.
    8. Cut a TE coming off injury when his replacement is going on IR. He's performed well in the past and creates a huge hole at a position our old QB liked to throw to.
    9. Cut that qb and now possibly had a team with no line continuity, no receivers and possibly a downgraded running game to a rookie who has widely been discussed as not day 1 starter (who are you talking about? we didn't draft anyone yet). Correct, but the knock on the draft is none of these guys are your day 1 savior. And now you just put them into a new offense with no line, no receivers and a run game that will have to adapt to a new scheme. I'm sure he won't end up a bust.
    10. you've created 3-5 holes on this team by not resigning our own and we had holes to begin with. we have 6 picks because we traded up to get a guy who would have been there anyways instead of taking a QB who was one of hte best at the end of the season last year.

With all that information, how can you possibly justify that this team won't miss the playoffs for the 14th straight year.
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: Can anyone spin the following to be a positive

Well to be fair, we were missing the playoffs with or without those players you mentioned.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post

With all that information, how can you possibly justify that this team won't miss the playoffs for the 14th straight year.
      playoffs? I'm a homer and that word didn't even come to mind.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
        • Oct 2002

Buffalo is that tire that spins in the mud, but adds more water trying to get unstuck.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
          • Jun 2024

2-14

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

I tweeted Russ Brandon last night that the empty gesture of culture change has made me decide to forgo season tickets this year.

So i thought about the changes since we announced the "change in culture" and am wondering how i am possibly missing how this team has a shot. So optimists, give it to me. point by point, how are the items below actually positives. Thanks in advance.

1. Resign a CB who returns punts well on a team that can't get teams to punt. Additionally he was so bad, we passed on collin kaepernick to pick up a. Wililams to replace him. now we are saying "he has a chance to start."
            2. We resign a center who can't finish a season. but we let the guy who has always played since he was drafted at a high level in his position and filled in when our depth wasn't there.
            5. Gave that group a GM who has blown 3 drafts by cutting multiple drafted players prior to the start of the season!
            6. Cut the two leading tacklers on team. Albeit not stars, they would provide depth.
            7. Cut a WR who caught a lot of passes from an inaccurate passer. and when accurate passes came his way, he returned it for a TD.
            8. Cut a TE coming off injury when his replacement is going on IR. He's performed well in the past and creates a huge hole at a position our old QB liked to throw to.
            9. Cut that qb and now possibly had a team with no line continuity, no receivers and possibly a downgraded running game to a rookie who has widely been discussed as not day 1 starter (who are you talking about? we didn't draft anyone yet). Correct, but the knock on the draft is none of these guys are your day 1 savior. And now you just put them into a new offense with no line, no receivers and a run game that will have to adapt to a new scheme. I'm sure he won't end up a bust.
            10. you've created 3-5 holes on this team by not resigning our own and we had holes to begin with. we have 6 picks because we traded up to get a guy who would have been there anyways instead of taking a QB who was one of hte best at the end of the season last year.

What do you want an award for not being a fan anymore?

You are allowed to not buy tickets and to announce it to Russ Brandon via twitter. We are allowed to say "Good more tickets for fans"

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

I don't disagree with any of that but I think I missed something. Which TE did we cut?
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bangarang
                • Sep 2010

Hackett and Pettine have never called plays? That's news to me.

We cut a productive TE? Who?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

I'm far from an optimist but here is an interpretation;
                  1. He also returns kicks and was very good in the slot last year
                  2. Injury is always a concern but when healthy he's been good
                  3. Did you see Cuse before Marrone?
                  4. False, Pettine has play calling experience
                  5. I think Nix is more GM in name than in actual duties currently, sounds like Whaley is in charge now
                  6. Tackling stats mean next to nothing
                  7. Was never going to be a fit in the new scheme
                  8. Meh
                  9. I'd say Geno could easily start on Day 1, but Jackson isn't a bad option either. He showed real growth in Seattle pre-injury
                  10. I'd argue you haven't created a single hole yet

We should, key word, get an extra 7th in comp.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
                    What do you want an award for not being a fan anymore?

You are allowed to not buy tickets and to announce it to Russ Brandon via twitter. We are allowed to say "Good more tickets for fans"

you aren't fans...you are delusional. they will keep doing this. and now that we don't have to fear they'll move the team, they should be stuck with an empty stadium. They have provided us nothing but the same crap sandwich.

Comment

• Gibby
                      • Jun 2006

I have us at 3-13 this year. This is the fire sale that we've needed for years.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        I don't disagree with any of that but I think I missed something. Which TE did we cut?

i thought of nelson as a TE hybrid because he would come off the line. i see he is officially listed as a WR. I still thought him and chandler together were good as big bodies. but now we really have no big body who is dependable unless chandler really heals fast in physical therapy.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

you aren't fans...you are delusional.
                          fans are delusional to a degree, that's why they are fanatics.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

you aren't fans...you are delusional. they will keep doing this. and now that we don't have to fear they'll move the team, they should be stuck with an empty stadium. They have provided us nothing but the same crap sandwich.
                            I am whatever I want to be. Who are you to say?

I am not disagreeing with you not buying tickets in any way either.

We all do what we want to do. I am a HUGE Bills fan... What do you have to say about that?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                              2-14
                              I am not totally averse to that if it means we can FINALLY get a QB. We are where we are because we haven't had a franchise QB in 20 years. That's well and truly the difference between the front office and coaching staff looking good . . . or looking like they do. All front offices make mistakes, but the ones who have Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, a Manning etc. at the helm get away with a lot more of them.

Please God don't draft a QB at 8 this year.
                              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

Working...
                              X