PDA

View Full Version : Any Bills players come out and say cutting Fitz was a bad thing?

PTI
03-13-2013, 11:49 AM
I don't tweet, not sure if any player has said anything, or anyone was interviewed since he was cut.

sukie
03-13-2013, 11:56 AM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/03/12/bills-players-react-to-fitzpatrick-release/

Here ya go

PTI
03-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Thank you sukie, forgot to check out over there, well, since I am banned from posting over there. Banned for saying Fitzpatrick sucked in November 2011 after I was a board member there since May 2002.

Cleve
03-13-2013, 12:32 PM
Just the normal polite, professional sorts of goodbyes. There was no portents of doom and despair - we didn't see anything resembling...

"OMGzzZZ!!! WITHOUT THE AMISH RIFLE BUFFALO IS DOOOMMMED!!!!!!!! 0-16 HERE WE COME!!!!"

psubills62
03-13-2013, 12:32 PM
Letting go isn't your strong suit, is it?

HAMMER
03-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Thank you sukie, forgot to check out over there, well, since I am banned from posting over there. Banned for saying Fitzpatrick sucked in November 2011 after I was a board member there since May 2002.

Somehow I doubt that is why you were banned.

PTI
03-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Somehow I doubt that is why you were banned.

That was it. At that time the Fitz love was huge, Bills had started out hot, Fitz got paid, then Fitz got critically wounded beyond belief against eh Redskins, and people loved Fitz even more. I stood my ground, said he stunk the whole time, and said the Bills would not win over 6 games when the Bills were 5-2 as well. I know a few moderators there, I guess I had a gazillion complaints, they said I was egging people on. I provided facts, I provided plays in games and history of his play, but said he sucked the whole time. I never even had one infraction there, and they just permabanned me one day.

Generalissimus Gibby
03-13-2013, 02:46 PM
I actually don't hate Fitz. I am not sorry to see him go, but I don't totally and exclusively blame him for our metaphysical sucktitude over the past three years. Fitz is an exceptional backup qb who could come in on a good team and lead them to 4 or 5 victories a year, but he is not a starter. The problem is that in the past three years we had a front office who saw in him something that was not there, namely a starting qb. Fitz is a great backup who could be compared to Frank Reich, Dave Krieg, Steve Bono, Steve Beurlein, and Bubby Brister but he should never be confused with a fulltime starter. The guy had a great work ethic and did have a good brain but his arm was weaker than that of a lingerie league backup. I hope he can stay in the league for a few more years, but I pity any team that would sign him thinking "there's our long term starting qb."

See, even this past year he was not the problem. As seen above, I clearly don't think he was the answer but he was not entirely the problem. We had a great three headed running attack, but we took CJ Spiller out inside the twenty because of some bull**** that "we didn't want to wear him out." We abandoned the run way too much last season and expected Fitz to win games. Fitz is the type of guy you want on a defensive powerhouse with a strong running game who you call upon to not lose the game. He is not the type you want to have in for the full season and not the kind of guy you build your gameplan around. I do wish him well in life, but am glad he is gone.

PTI
03-13-2013, 02:58 PM
I actually don't hate Fitz. I am not sorry to see him go, but I don't totally and exclusively blame him for our metaphysical sucktitude over the past three years. Fitz is an exceptional backup qb who could come in on a good team and lead them to 4 or 5 victories a year, but he is not a starter. The problem is that in the past three years we had a front office who saw in him something that was not there, namely a starting qb. Fitz is a great backup who could be compared to Frank Reich, Dave Krieg, Steve Bono, Steve Beurlein, and Bubby Brister but he should never be confused with a fulltime starter. The guy had a great work ethic and did have a good brain but his arm was weaker than that of a lingerie league backup. I hope he can stay in the league for a few more years, but I pity any team that would sign him thinking "there's our long term starting qb."

See, even this past year he was not the problem. As seen above, I clearly don't think he was the answer but he was not entirely the problem. We had a great three headed running attack, but we took CJ Spiller out inside the twenty because of some bull**** that "we didn't want to wear him out." We abandoned the run way too much last season and expected Fitz to win games. Fitz is the type of guy you want on a defensive powerhouse with a strong running game who you call upon to not lose the game. He is not the type you want to have in for the full season and not the kind of guy you build your gameplan around. I do wish him well in life, but am glad he is gone.

Dave Krieg does not fit in your group, he was a pretty good QB all in all, 175 career starts, almost 40K yards passing, he was a starter for about 11 of his years he played.

Ginger Vitis
03-13-2013, 03:00 PM
Letting go isn't your strong suit, is it?

As time goes on I would hope and think PTI wil stop bringing up Ryan Fitzpatrick
otherwise he will just prove what we all suspect that PTI is obsessed with him

PTI
03-13-2013, 03:48 PM
As time goes on I would hope and think PTI wil stop bringing up Ryan Fitzpatrick
otherwise he will just prove what we all suspect that PTI is obsessed with him

I am obsessed and amazed at how loved this guy is and how much money he made for being a terrible NFL player

swiper
03-13-2013, 04:01 PM
I am obsessed and amazed at how loved this guy is and how much money he made for being a terrible NFL player

He wasn't terrible. He's a #20-quality QB in a league of 32 teams - which just means he wasn't good enough.

He was looked at the way he was by Bills fans because he was an upgrade over the previous 2 guys (Edwards/Losman). And all that says is we have a lousy owner who can't get it done.

It all comes back to ownership and ours is still the same garbage it's been for 40 years.

Russ Brandon comparing himself to the Atlanta Braves' John Sheurholz is just friggin' hilarious.

casdhf
03-13-2013, 04:02 PM
It looks like they all knew this was coming anyway.

swiper
03-13-2013, 04:06 PM
He's going to sign with SF to be their back-up. He'll have a Super Bowl ring in 2014 while the Bills will get the #3 overall draft pick.

PTI
03-13-2013, 04:31 PM
He's going to sign with SF to be their back-up. He'll have a Super Bowl ring in 2014 while the Bills will get the #3 overall draft pick.

Seriously, did you watch the Bills play the 49ers last year? 57 QB rating, Bills had 3 points, I highly doubt they even think he is good enough to practice against their own team.

He will go to a below average team, he has been on the crap Rams, the crap Bengals, and the crap Bills, so a good team is now going to actually want him?

Not a chance.

better days
03-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Dave Krieg does not fit in your group, he was a pretty good QB all in all, 175 career starts, almost 40K yards passing, he was a starter for about 11 of his years he played.

I would be very happy with an in his prime Dave Krieg as the Bills QB

The Jokeman
03-13-2013, 10:44 PM

SF? Not sure he fits well with Harbaugh though think he is a good veteran backup to a young QB which means he could be a good fit in Cincy or St Louis again too.

PTI
03-14-2013, 08:42 AM
SF? Not sure he fits well with Harbaugh though think he is a good veteran backup to a young QB which means he could be a good fit in Cincy or St Louis again too.

I think he is going to get an offer from Minnesota.

Saratoga Slim
03-14-2013, 12:27 PM
It looks like they all knew this was coming anyway.

Yeah, they're not stupid. Most of them anyway.