• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Hogtied at QB

I really can't believe the corner we've backed ourselves into. (and even as a Bills fan I have to say that)

By making our roster completely void of any starting QB we've done two things.

1. Either forced ourselves to reach 20 picks by taking a QB at 8
    2. If we don't take a QB at 8 we've said to any other team looking, just move ahead of us in round 2 if you want a QB.

The only move we can make is to set up a trade before the draft, where we can move up in round 2 or late in round 1 to get our guy. But we can't announce it before hand, because once again anyone else looking knows they can jump in front of us.

For Free Agents this is what we're looking at.

Matt Cassell most likely being cut today (already being rumored MIN is going after him)
    Jason Campbell
    Josh Johnson
    Charlie Batch
    Brady Quinn
    Byron Leftwich
    Josh McCown
    Luke McCown
    Matt Leinhart
    David Carr
    Rex Grossman
    Caleb Hanie

If we don't get Campbell in for an interview it's going to be Tavaris competing with a rookie.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: Hogtied at QB

So pick a QB at 8... What is the problem? Or pick a QB in the second... I don't see the hog tie thing.
    Last edited by sukie; 03-14-2013, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• coastal
      Legendary Zoner
      • Mar 2005

Analytics baby!

embrace the culture change.

Comment

• jpdex12
        • Jan 2005

garbage...the starter of this thread doesn't want to pick a QB at #8 as he feels there is better value later but we may be forced to blow it and grab one then and lose out on a BPA. Unsure feeling of a sure fire top ten pick at QB...
        Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

TJAX has started before. I see no drop off between him & Fitz. I have been saying for quite a while now, the Bills SHOULD take a QB at #8.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

I still don't think we pick a qb at 8. Now that we brought in Lawson, we go WR in round 1 and qb in 2nd or trade back up into 1st to do it.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The King
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jpdex12 View Post
              garbage...the starter of this thread doesn't want to pick a QB at #8 as he feels there is better value later but we may be forced to blow it and grab one then and lose out on a BPA. Unsure feeling of a sure fire top ten pick at QB...
              That pretty much says it. I also dont like that the competition would be between a rookie and Tavaris.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post
                That pretty much says it. I also dont like that the competition would be between a rookie and Tavaris.
                you'd be ok between Fitz and a rookie?
                sacrifice1

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                  Or any of the scrub FA QBs he named.

Comment

• The King
                    • Jun 2004

No I wouldn't I want to see a 3rd name in the mix... but since we passed on Daniel & Stanton, we're stuck it's a QB at 8 or move up.
                    It was all

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post
                      No I wouldn't I want to see a 3rd name in the mix... but since we passed on Daniel & Stanton, we're stuck it's a QB at 8 or move up.
                      They already made a bust for Aaron Corp in canton.

Seriously , I'm pretty sure the bills will bring another one. Who knows, Flynn might get cut if no one trades for him.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• The King
                        • Jun 2004

They already made a bust for Aaron Corp in canton.

Seriously , I'm pretty sure the bills will bring another one. Who knows, Flynn might get cut if no one trades for him.
                        Has that been rumored at all. I would be pretty thrilled if that were the case.
                        It was all

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                          So pick a QB at 8... What is the problem? Or pick a QB in the second... I don't see the hog tie thing.
                          This

A QB will be selected with one of our first 2 picks. Fitz wasn't fooling anyone and we can now move on to finding a Vet OG, WR, CB ( market for that position is flooded ) and more.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                            The Voice of Reason
                            • Jul 2007

IMHO it's has to be a big turn off for FA's when they see the one competent (although laughably so) quarterback on the roster cut day 1. "Oh, you want to pay me vet minimum when there's little to no chance of even sniffing the playoffs this year? Hmm... let me th...*click*"

Why do you think Manny Lawson is our blockbuster sign up in the first 2 days?
                            Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• jpdex12
                              • Jan 2005

We need to quit dickin around and just go QB at #8 and roll with it! Get the guy you want unless it's Smith they want and then focus on the next 5 picks!

- - - Updated - - -

Grab Nassib!
                              Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

Working...
                              X