X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bf1
    • Oct 2010

Again, we are worse on paper now than at the end of the season

Year after year. Buddy Nix is inept. The phone call confirmed it. Not because he fell for the prank, but because he came across like someone who really doesn't have his **** together. I seriously don't think he has the mental fortitude to work on multiple deals/moves at the same time. One-thing-at-a-time. One-thing-each-year.

• coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: Again, we are worse on paper now than at the end of the season

You're exactly right about the phone call.

he whined about his problems... He has NO PLAN!

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

we were pretty stacked on paper last year defensively and it meant nothing.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        • May 2009

Buddy should have been fired the same day as his boy Chanson.

Comment

• ICRockets
          Childish Fake Voter
          • Jul 2008

It's really hard to not be worse on paper than the year prior this soon into free agency. There's only a handful of teams that could make any sort of reasonable argument that they're better now. We were one of those teams last year, and look how that turned out.

Comment

• PTI
            Banned
            • Jan 2011

We are better just to not have Fitzpatrick on the team, there is hope, at least.

Losing Kelsey's contract is good. Hopefully they dump Brad Smith.

Losing LeVitre sucks, but this team is no worse still than a 6 win team, so I disagree with the original post.

Just having a different HC and DC should get us to 6 wins. Those and no Fitz are biggest positives.

Comment

• imbondz
              Democrats are people too
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by bf1 View Post
              Year after year. Buddy Nix is inept. The phone call confirmed it. Not because he fell for the prank, but because he came across like someone who really doesn't have his **** together. I seriously don't think he has the mental fortitude to work on multiple deals/moves at the same time. One-thing-at-a-time. One-thing-each-year.
              and it seemed that Dominik was just trying to gather information, wasn't really giving anything up. Nix sounded completely clueless
              My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• cookie G
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
                It's really hard to not be worse on paper than the year prior this soon into free agency. There's only a handful of teams that could make any sort of reasonable argument that they're better now. We were one of those teams last year, and look how that turned out.
                Denver is definitely better..and that's from a playoff team that was pretty close to the SB.

-franchised their LT;
                -got the best slot receiver in the NFL;
                -got the 2nd best guard on the market;

Hell, they even got DRC for their secondary.

Hard to believe just 3 years ago, we were 2 and 3 in draft order.

Ah well, we'll be picking again in the top 3 next year.

Comment

• cookie G
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by bf1 View Post
                  Not that it matters, but I question how much say he really has this year.

At the very least, I'm sure he's getting orders from above..."every move has to be cleared through me" type of order.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                    I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by cookie G View Post

At the very least, I'm sure he's getting orders from above..."every move has to be cleared through me" type of order.
                    Same all crap? I really hope not, because I think I'm in love with th Broncos already!
                    The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                      • Jun 2024

If true, then twist his arm to retire now.

He can say he wants to spend more time with his family....

Comment

• cookie G
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by The last buffalo fan View Post
                        Same all crap? I really hope not, because I think I'm in love with th Broncos already!
                        Denver's done some pretty damn good things in the last few years.

They're gearing for a SB run though. Welker and DRC were both signed short term.

Comment

• cookie G
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                          If true, then twist his arm to retire now.

He can say he wants to spend more time with his family....
                          Think it will make a difference? Mr. Metrics is calling the shots now.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                            • Jun 2024

Think it will make a difference? Mr. Metrics is calling the shots now.
                            Do you remember Buddy's blank looks when Russ pulled that concept out of his ass at that press conference? Buddy had no idea what it meant.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                              • Sep 2009

Complete fool, we're ****ed for years with the morons running this circus.

Comment

Working...
                              X