PDA

View Full Version : Again, we are worse on paper now than at the end of the season

bf1
03-14-2013, 02:48 PM
Year after year. Buddy Nix is inept. The phone call confirmed it. Not because he fell for the prank, but because he came across like someone who really doesn't have his **** together. I seriously don't think he has the mental fortitude to work on multiple deals/moves at the same time. One-thing-at-a-time. One-thing-each-year.

coastal
03-14-2013, 02:51 PM
You're exactly right about the phone call.

he whined about his problems... He has NO PLAN!

justasportsfan
03-14-2013, 03:17 PM
we were pretty stacked on paper last year defensively and it meant nothing.

BertSquirtgum
03-14-2013, 03:30 PM
Buddy should have been fired the same day as his boy Chanson.

ICRockets
03-14-2013, 03:31 PM
It's really hard to not be worse on paper than the year prior this soon into free agency. There's only a handful of teams that could make any sort of reasonable argument that they're better now. We were one of those teams last year, and look how that turned out.

PTI
03-14-2013, 03:44 PM
We are better just to not have Fitzpatrick on the team, there is hope, at least.

Losing Kelsey's contract is good. Hopefully they dump Brad Smith.

Losing LeVitre sucks, but this team is no worse still than a 6 win team, so I disagree with the original post.

Just having a different HC and DC should get us to 6 wins. Those and no Fitz are biggest positives.

imbondz
03-14-2013, 03:58 PM
Year after year. Buddy Nix is inept. The phone call confirmed it. Not because he fell for the prank, but because he came across like someone who really doesn't have his **** together. I seriously don't think he has the mental fortitude to work on multiple deals/moves at the same time. One-thing-at-a-time. One-thing-each-year.

and it seemed that Dominik was just trying to gather information, wasn't really giving anything up. Nix sounded completely clueless

cookie G
03-14-2013, 04:08 PM
It's really hard to not be worse on paper than the year prior this soon into free agency. There's only a handful of teams that could make any sort of reasonable argument that they're better now. We were one of those teams last year, and look how that turned out.

Denver is definitely better..and that's from a playoff team that was pretty close to the SB.

-franchised their LT;
-got the best slot receiver in the NFL;
-got the 2nd best guard on the market;

Hell, they even got DRC for their secondary.

Hard to believe just 3 years ago, we were 2 and 3 in draft order.

Ah well, we'll be picking again in the top 3 next year.

cookie G
03-14-2013, 04:09 PM

Not that it matters, but I question how much say he really has this year.

At the very least, I'm sure he's getting orders from above..."every move has to be cleared through me" type of order.

The last buffalo fan
03-14-2013, 04:57 PM

At the very least, I'm sure he's getting orders from above..."every move has to be cleared through me" type of order.

Same all crap? I really hope not, because I think I'm in love with th Broncos already! :ill:

SpikedLemonade
03-14-2013, 05:04 PM

If true, then twist his arm to retire now.

He can say he wants to spend more time with his family....

cookie G
03-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Same all crap? I really hope not, because I think I'm in love with th Broncos already! :ill:

Denver's done some pretty damn good things in the last few years.

They're gearing for a SB run though. Welker and DRC were both signed short term.

cookie G
03-14-2013, 05:21 PM
If true, then twist his arm to retire now.

He can say he wants to spend more time with his family....

Think it will make a difference? Mr. Metrics is calling the shots now.

SpikedLemonade
03-14-2013, 05:52 PM
Think it will make a difference? Mr. Metrics is calling the shots now.

Do you remember Buddy's blank looks when Russ pulled that concept out of his ass at that press conference? Buddy had no idea what it meant.

kingJofNYC
03-14-2013, 05:55 PM
Complete fool, we're ****ed for years with the morons running this circus.

cookie G
03-14-2013, 06:12 PM
Do you remember Buddy's blank looks when Russ pulled that concept out of his ass at that press conference? Buddy had no idea what it meant.

I remember Buddy saying something like..."I guess I'm going to have to learn that".

It was funnier when Brandon made his "I won't be involved in the football decisions" and "I'll leave no stone unturned comments".

I actually laughed out loud when I heard them.

DraftBoy
03-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Denver is definitely better..and that's from a playoff team that was pretty close to the SB.

-franchised their LT;
-got the best slot receiver in the NFL;
-got the 2nd best guard on the market;

Hell, they even got DRC for their secondary.

Hard to believe just 3 years ago, we were 2 and 3 in draft order.

Ah well, we'll be picking again in the top 3 next year.

Eagles were saying similar things a couple of years ago. Games aren't won or lost in March.

Night Train
03-14-2013, 07:11 PM
Yes , Bills are worse. Multiple players gone. 1 LB signed. New regime. Rebuilding.

No games for roughly half a year and multiple moves to come. Low expectations with a new coach and schemes.

It's March 14th ? What is your point ?

X-Era
03-14-2013, 08:31 PM
I'll assess whether we're better or not at the end of training camp. A whole ton can happen between now and then.

kingJofNYC
03-14-2013, 08:36 PM
Seahawks got relative bargains in the FA market, competent org with talent attracts players. Bills on the other hand lose talent and have no one on the roster to step in and fill the void.

SquishDaFish
03-14-2013, 08:53 PM
****!! ****!! I slept through the whole offseason already?? GOD DAMMIT!!

kingJofNYC
03-14-2013, 09:09 PM
You'll catch up on sleep during the regular season.

OpIv37
03-14-2013, 09:25 PM

FA's are dropping like flies.

We have 6 draft picks.

Every single year we have this discussion. Every single year, people say "relax, the off-season has just started." And every single year, the team fails to use the 6 months between the start of FA and the start of the season to improve the team.

You guys act like there are a bunch of quality FA's out there just waiting to be signed. There aren't.

OpIv37
03-14-2013, 09:28 PM
Oh, and let's not forget that we aren't the only team allowed to draft. The other 31 teams get to improve through the draft too, so it's really difficult to gain ground on them doing that.

BertSquirtgum
03-14-2013, 09:36 PM
I don't understand why these ******s haven't tried to sign more players by now. It's starting to bother me but I always wait two weeks after free agency to make a determination.

JoeMama
03-14-2013, 09:43 PM
We're hands down the worst team in the NFL on paper right now.

No QB.

Zero QB prospects in the draft.

Lost our best offensive lineman.

Lost our two leading tacklers on defense.

Basically promoted the entire coaching staff from a mediocre collegiate program to the NFL.

We're further away from a winning team than we were three years ago.

It's going to be hard to watch the team I love belly flop its way to 2-14.

We're going to have the #1 pick in the NFL draft next year, I promise you that.

And God willing, Buddy Nix won't be a part of this organization to screw it up.

better days
03-14-2013, 10:00 PM
AGAIN, it is MARCH 14 why not wait until the week before TC starts to cry THE SKY IS FALLING?

kingJofNYC
03-14-2013, 10:02 PM
Relax, it's only the offseason, it'll get worse when the regular season starts.

Now that's logical.

AGAIN, it is MARCH 14 why not wait until the week before TC starts to cry THE SKY IS FALLING?

We like getting started early, this is our preseason. We're gearing up the *****ing/complaining for the regular season, this is just a warm up.

cookie G
03-14-2013, 10:12 PM
Eagles were saying similar things a couple of years ago.

Meh, the Eagles were proclaiming themselves a dream team because they spent a ton on their secondary.

Building the defense from the back is a bad, bad idea.

Games aren't won or lost in March.

Ah...Lombardi-ish.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/avL6lAByfIE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Damn...they could have used a Lombardi last year on defense.

That's the one hopeful positive I can see in the post season, the hiring of Pettine.

I hope he can get it into their heads.

Last year's D wasn't a talent thing;
It wasn't even so much a scheme thing.

It was a brains thing;
an effort thing;
a discipline thing.

That's what Kyle Williams, Kelsay, Talley and Bruce were trying to get across.

Outside of a linebacker or two, there was plenty of talent on the D to be WAY better than they were. If he can get them to buy into it, they'll be way better off.

But that's a big if.

JoeMama
03-14-2013, 10:23 PM
The "sky is falling" crowd has been 100% correct for 13 straight years.

The myopic homers who offer false sensibility like "It's only March!" or "Just give it a couple more years!" are always wrong.

Curiously though, being wrong 100% of the time never shuts them up.

They just prattle on about how awesome everything is while the dumpster fire is aflame behind them.

Vampire Baby
03-14-2013, 10:45 PM
The Bills are screwed. The Dolphins will eat TJ for lunch.
Why in the hell would they cut RF for 3 mill if they weren't going to use the cash?
Makes no sense.

BertSquirtgum
03-14-2013, 10:54 PM
I am used to them being bad. I don't really care anymore. No reason to sit here and cry and ***** on a message board. It does nothing to help. Anyone that expects anything different should go find another team to follow. As long as the team is owned by old man magoo you know what to expect. So get over it and shut up.

Mr. Pink
03-14-2013, 11:07 PM
Denver's done some pretty damn good things in the last few years.

They're gearing for a SB run though. Welker and DRC were both signed short term.

They only have a 2-3 year window to make that run so that might as well stack up now to try and do it.

Once Peyton hangs it up they're back to a bottom feeder for a few years unless they can "luck" into the next Luck.

kingJofNYC
03-14-2013, 11:11 PM
I am used to them being bad. I don't really care anymore. No reason to sit here and cry and ***** on a message board. It does nothing to help. Anyone that expects anything different should go find another team to follow. As long as the team is owned by old man magoo you know what to expect. So get over it and shut up.

You cried and *****ed about Gailey for 3 years, you were pro Nix and came to your senses recently. *****ing is all we have, there's nothing positive to discuss most of the time. If we didn't come on here to vent the board would be dead, well not completely. Dozen or so homers would remain and discuss the potential of Colin Brown or some other fringe player.

cookie G
03-14-2013, 11:51 PM
They only have a 2-3 year window to make that run so that might as well stack up now to try and do it.

Once Peyton hangs it up they're back to a bottom feeder for a few years unless they can "luck" into the next Luck.

Pretty much, and I'm sure that crossed their minds as they were signing some of them. "We've only got Peyton for another 2 years or so, we need to make the most of this" or something like that.

Of course, they could always be on their 4th 3 year rebuilding plan of the new century, with nothing to show for it.

Its really kind of tough to say we're doing it the "right way", whatever it is we're trying to do.

Generalissimus Gibby
03-14-2013, 11:53 PM

Is falling? NO, sorry I'm pretty sure the sky caved in a long time ago.

BertSquirtgum
03-15-2013, 12:03 AM
You cried and *****ed about Gailey for 3 years, you were pro Nix and came to your senses recently. *****ing is all we have, there's nothing positive to discuss most of the time. If we didn't come on here to vent the board would be dead, well not completely. Dozen or so homers would remain and discuss the potential of Colin Brown or some other fringe player.

I wanted Buddy gone at the middle of the season last year, not very recent. Anyone that didn't ***** about Gailey would have had as good as eye sight as Helen Keller and legally ******ed.

kishoph
03-15-2013, 03:50 AM
Seahawks got relative bargains in the FA market, competent org with talent attracts players. Bills on the other hand lose talent and have no one on the roster to step in and fill the void.

2009-2011, the Seahawks were 5-11, 7-9 and 7-9, what changed them around was a QB, yet there's people that think we should get a guard. BTW the QB that switched things around for the Seahawks was taken in the 3rd round, because nobody thought that he was worth a 1st round pick.

bosshogg21
03-15-2013, 04:28 AM
Meh, the Eagles were proclaiming themselves a dream team because they spent a ton on their secondary.

Building the defense from the back is a bad,

I guess Cullen Jenkins and Jason babin don't count?