PDA

View Full Version : Wake up Buddy!

Mr. Miyagi
03-15-2013, 07:49 AM
Our beloved senior citizen must've dosed off again, since clearly we should be making moves in the 4th day of FA and we've only managed to fill our many holes with one ILB signging.

Hello? Anyone home??

The King
03-15-2013, 07:52 AM
I think we're going to make a move or two today. Dustin Keller is someone I think we'll lock up.

Mr. Miyagi
03-15-2013, 10:14 AM
I will ***** a lot less if we lock up Keller and Pollard today.

coastal
03-15-2013, 11:22 AM
One down... oh wait.

RedEyE
03-15-2013, 11:26 AM
They've both been attending Pro Days this week. They obviously have no intentions on signing a tier 1 or 2 guy. Completely and utterly focused on rookie QBs at this point.

BLeonard
03-15-2013, 11:28 AM
I think we're going to make a move or two today. Dustin Keller is someone I think we'll lock up.

Well, an AFC East team did lock Keller up today: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9055918/dustin-keller-former-new-york-jets-tight-end-signs-miami-dolphins

The New York Jets' moribund offense took a big hit Friday when tight end Dustin Keller signed a one-year contract with the Miami Dolphins.

Keller confirmed for ESPNNewYork.com that he has a deal with the Dolphins, but terms were not available.

The AFC East rivals appear to be headed in opposite directions. The Jets have lost five free agents while the Dolphins have waged a spending spree this week, signing wide receiver Mike Wallace and linebackers Dannell Ellerbe and Philip Wheeler.

-Bill

EricStratton
03-15-2013, 11:34 AM
1. There are 29 other teams looking at these players.
2. Many have more to offer based on who they have on the roster and our lack of defined QB and new coach.
3. Some of these players may not be seem as favorably by the Bills staff and other teams staffs as the fans think.

Those are all reasons for perceived inactivity but the easy thing is to blame Buddy's age (because we all know he works all by himself).

bf1
03-15-2013, 11:34 AM
"build through the draft." "stay the course"

BLeonard
03-15-2013, 11:45 AM

When did the NFL contract...? Last I checked, there were 32 teams in the NFL.

-Bill

kishoph
03-15-2013, 12:20 PM
2. Many have more to offer based on who they have on the roster and our lack of defined QB and new coach.
3. Some of these players may not be seem as favorably by the Bills staff and other teams staffs as the fans think.

Those are all reasons for perceived inactivity but the easy thing is to blame Buddy's age (because we all know he works all by himself).

Totally agree, we have no idea who the Bills have contacted or tried to contact, The Bills are probably not on the top of many FA's list and we don't have the money to throw at a player like last year with Williams. They know what they need and it's early, free agency just started and the draft is coming. I'm not worried about getting "big name" players, just players that will fit into what they going to try and do. It's March and people are already jumping off the Bandwagon.

swiper
03-15-2013, 12:31 PM
The Jets and Bills are tearing things down and looking toward the 2014 draft already.

Only difference is Buffalo hired a new coach and the Jets are going to let fatso ride out the string.

The Jokeman
03-15-2013, 02:23 PM
The Jets and Bills are tearing things down and looking toward the 2014 draft already.

Only difference is Buffalo hired a new coach and the Jets are going to let fatso ride out the string.

At least the Jets have brought a few guys in though for a look. See Brandon Gibson etc. The Bills meanwhile seem to be ingoring free agency and there's talk that Buddy's been seen at Geno Smith's Pro Day. I'm sorry but I don't see why our GM has to see Geno, that should be done by our scouting staff and/or Whaley. Meanwhile Buddy should be working the phones for free agents. Today is day 3 and to quote buddy this is the time he told us that we'd be active and all I see us at the Bills website is talking about bringin in Geno Smith and a some backtology contest their running and that Terrell Troup doing some stupid workout.

SABURZFAN
03-15-2013, 03:15 PM
"build through the draft." "stay the course"

as Levitre walks out the door..........

Dr. Who
03-16-2013, 08:33 AM
Our beloved senior citizen must've dosed off again, since clearly we should be making moves in the 4th day of FA and we've only managed to fill our many holes with one ILB signging.

Hello? Anyone home??

Well, in late February you complained that you were away on a business trip and a long stretch of nothing happening suddenly became Alex Smith traded and Kelsay retiring. Apparently you need to go on a business trip. If the Bills are doing nothing, I blame you.

Mr. Miyagi
03-18-2013, 01:48 AM
Well, in late February you complained that you were away on a business trip and a long stretch of nothing happening suddenly became Alex Smith traded and Kelsay retiring. Apparently you need to go on a business trip. If the Bills are doing nothing, I blame you.
Yup it's all on me.

Ingtar33
03-18-2013, 10:49 AM
as Levitre walks out the door..........

that's the part that kills me.

I can get not doing anything in FA if you're working on keeping good parts on the team. this team isn't doing that. They're just letting their home grown talent walk...

again

they do this every year, you could build a pretty solid team from bills castoffs around the nfl. This is painful to watch year after year.

Mr. Miyagi
03-18-2013, 11:01 AM

I can get not doing anything in FA if you're working on keeping good parts on the team. this team isn't doing that. They're just letting their home grown talent walk...

again

they do this every year, you could build a pretty solid team from bills castoffs around the nfl. This is painful to watch year after year.
Essentially we're the AAA farm team for other real NFL franchises.

Historian
03-18-2013, 11:02 AM

again

Levitre and Rhinehart.

We were one of the best rushing teams in the NFL last year, IMHO....and you let two solid linemen walk???

This team deserves to be a laughingstock.

Ingtar33
03-18-2013, 11:03 AM
as a small side point~

you could argue they're keeping cap space open for a high first round pick... like for Geno Smith. But this is the buffalo bills, and even if their plan is to trade up to get Smith, i'm sure they'll mess that up somehow (and if there is anything the last 14 years have taught me about this management, its that they NEVER think that big, and usually find a way to screw it up even when they do)

Mr. Miyagi
03-18-2013, 11:06 AM
See this is what I don't understand about the team. Buddy Nix is a football guy through and through. He's not some numbnut bean counting salesman (Brandon) running the team. Why is it that Nix is making the same mistakes (on the surface) as amateurs do?

OpIv37
03-18-2013, 11:15 AM
as a small side point~

you could argue they're keeping cap space open for a high first round pick... like for Geno Smith. But this is the buffalo bills, and even if their plan is to trade up to get Smith, i'm sure they'll mess that up somehow (and if there is anything the last 14 years have taught me about this management, its that they NEVER think that big, and usually find a way to screw it up even when they do)

We're sitting at 8 now. Even if we moved all the way up to #1, it's only 7 spots. How much cap difference could that possibly make with the rookie cap?