I see:

KC - Joeckel
Jax - Floyd
Oak - Geno
Phil - Fisher
Det. - Milliner
Cleve. - Jordan
Ariz. - Barkley

I think the Bills want Geno first and Barkley second. Well their out of luck barring a trade up.
I think they like Wilson, but don't think they will pick him at #8.
I also think they like Bray and could be an option a little later in the draft.

So I really don't know who they will pick, but knowing the Bills if I had to guess it will be Patterson.
The one position you can find a player with similar qualities in the 2nd and 3rd rd.

That's where I have it as of now.
Flame away.

Mahdi
03-15-2013, 08:04 AM
In this scenario I see them taking Jarvis Jones, perfect fit in the Pettine scheme.

k-oneputt
03-15-2013, 08:07 AM
In this scenario I see them taking Jarvis Jones, perfect fit in the Pettine scheme.

I wouldn't be upset with that.
You never can get enough of a pass rush.

k-oneputt
03-15-2013, 08:08 AM
If Jordan falls to #8 I think the Bills like him also and could be the pick.

clumping platelets
03-15-2013, 08:13 AM
Warmack :up:

k-oneputt
03-15-2013, 08:27 AM

I certainly like him but I'm not big on taking guards that early.
The Bills may consider him though to take over Levitre's spot.
I think he will be a good player for a long time in the league.

better days
03-15-2013, 08:38 AM

I wouldn't mind Jones in the 2nd rnd, but I am not going to gamble the #8 pick on a guy with spinal stenosis. I would rather gamble that pick on a QB.

DraftBoy
03-15-2013, 11:18 AM
as of 3/15.

I see:

KC - Joeckel
Jax - Floyd
Oak - Geno
Phil - Fisher
Det. - Milliner
Cleve. - Jordan
Ariz. - Barkley

I think the Bills want Geno first and Barkley second. Well their out of luck barring a trade up.

So I really don't know who they will pick, but knowing the Bills if I had to guess it will be Patterson.
The one position you can find a player with similar qualities in the 2nd and 3rd rd.

Flame away.

Give me Moore and we have completed our 3-4 front of Dareus-Williams-Moore. With Lawson and Mario outside.

EDS
03-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Give me Moore and we have completed our 3-4 front of Dareus-Williams-Moore. With Lawson and Mario outside.

Really?

Mahdi
03-15-2013, 12:51 PM

Williams is not a fit in a 3-4. Tried it and it failed.

DraftBoy
03-15-2013, 01:42 PM

Williams was one of the best players in the 34 when we tried that. If you're referring to Mario, the 34 system Pettine ran in Baltimore is not even close to the 34 Houston tried to run. Plus Williams role would be adjusted to mirror Terrell Suggs who played with his hand down a lot more than a traditional OLB does in a 34.

- - - Updated - - -

Really?

Absolutely

k-oneputt
03-15-2013, 01:45 PM
I'd rather have Moore then Patterson.

I already stated last month I like Patterson, but personally I don't like going wr that early unless it's a Mega. or Fitz.

Mahdi
03-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Williams was one of the best players in the 34 when we tried that. If you're referring to Mario, the 34 system Pettine ran in Baltimore is not even close to the 34 Houston tried to run. Plus Williams role would be adjusted to mirror Terrell Suggs who played with his hand down a lot more than a traditional OLB does in a 34.

- - - Updated - - -

No I was referring to Kyle and he was bad in the 3-4. very bad. He could not hold up in the run game and could not press the pocket in the pass game. He is a penetrator. So although he did get some pressure by using his speed off the shoulder of the blockers his weaknesses far outweighed his strengths in that system.

OpIv37
03-15-2013, 02:19 PM

I'll be pissed if the Bills take a G.

All that does is get us back to where we were before Levitre walked, which was nowhere.

It would be typical Buffalo spinning-the-wheels.

DraftBoy
03-15-2013, 02:20 PM
- - - Updated - - -

No I was referring to Kyle and he was bad in the 3-4. very bad. He could not hold up in the run game and could not press the pocket in the pass game. He is a penetrator. So although he did get some pressure by using his speed off the shoulder of the blockers his weaknesses far outweighed his strengths in that system.
No he wasn't. He was among our best defenders outside of Dareus.

Mahdi
03-15-2013, 02:58 PM

That doesn't mean much considering how bad our defense was. He made plays, many of them in fact but he couldn't hold up from play to play. He was simply not a fit there. Just because he made plays there in certain situations doesn't mean he should play there regularly.

We were 24th in total defense that year and 28th against the run. Kyle got run over.

SABURZFAN
03-15-2013, 03:13 PM

that's my choice.

- - - Updated - - -

this is a weak draft. go after the best player who will help keep the QB standing.

DraftBoy
03-15-2013, 03:37 PM
That doesn't mean much considering how bad our defense was. He made plays, many of them in fact but he couldn't hold up from play to play. He was simply not a fit there. Just because he made plays there in certain situations doesn't mean he should play there regularly.

We were 24th in total defense that year and 28th against the run. Kyle got run over.

Neither ranking indicates anything about one player, but rather just how entirely ****ty the whole unit was. Trust me I hated KW at NT because he was too small, he more than held his own and proved me wrong.

Bert102176
03-15-2013, 04:40 PM

If anyone is smart they won't touch Jarvis Jones the health risk is too great that saying it's right up the Bills alley to take someone like him cause year in and year out they continue to show what idiots their front office is.

swiper
03-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Geez I hate the 3-4.

tampabay25690
03-15-2013, 05:34 PM

Didnt fail at all.
Actually he did great just got injured.

Mahdi
03-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Neither ranking indicates anything about one player, but rather just how entirely ****ty the whole unit was. Trust me I hated KW at NT because he was too small, he more than held his own and proved me wrong.

He got pushed around and there is no denying that. Did he do well in some aspects, yes, but overall he could not dominate the LoS and it hurt us.

X-Era
03-15-2013, 07:33 PM
as of 3/15.

I see:

KC - Joeckel
Jax - Floyd
Oak - Geno
Phil - Fisher
Det. - Milliner
Cleve. - Jordan
Ariz. - Barkley

Flame away.No need to flame. It's plausible and Patterson would be my pick.

The Bills may take Wilson here.

But if they take Geno, Barkley, Wilson, or Patterson I won't complain.

And I'd also be OK with Milliner and Jordan

The Jokeman
03-15-2013, 07:33 PM

Give me Ted Washington manning the NT over Kyle Williams anyday. Hell I'm shocked the Bills haven't brought in the recently cut Sione Po'uha to at least give us a true NT on the roster (unless you countr Troup).

gonzo1105
03-15-2013, 09:29 PM
One of Geno Smith and Matt Barkley are going to be there at # 8. The cards people are already saying that they are going to pass on one. They are going to take one of the OT's even if its Lane Johnson. I dont really believe that the Raiders are taking one and I dont believe the Browns are taking one at 6. I could see the Eagles and Jags taking one but do you really see both Geno Smith and Matt Barkley going in the top 4? I dont think so.

clumping platelets
03-15-2013, 11:25 PM
I'll be pissed if the Bills take a G.

All that does is get us back to where we were before Levitre walked, which was nowhere.

It would be typical Buffalo spinning-the-wheels.

And you complain that the Bills overpaid for Levitre if they signed him to the same contract the Titans did............Bills are in a no win position with you

- - - Updated - - -

Give me Ted Washington manning the NT over Kyle Williams anyday. Hell I'm shocked the Bills haven't brought in the recently cut Sione Po'uha to at least give us a true NT on the roster (unless you countr Troup).

At least bring him in for a looksee...........oh wait......the GM is too busy on the road at pro days :doh: