X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Jones will be ready!

according to TD, who was on channel 7 (in buffalo, i assume) tonight ..

The skinny;

1. Marcus Jones will be ready for camp in 2 weeks.
    2. McGahee could play late in the season.
    3. Bills always looking for FA's to help the team.

this is according to CookieG at the other site, but i wanted to pass along this news.. is the first we heard really about MJ specific timetable.. makes me feel a bit better.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Good news!

Comment

• gunzlingr
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
      Good news!
      Indeed!
      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• lordofgun
        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

I hope he reverts to his prior form. He was Tampa's franchise player a few years ago.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• BillsFever
          Mr. Predictament
          • Feb 2003

I don't have much hope for Jones this year. He had one great year when he was young and healthy.

He probably won't even start. I already have a bet with BillsMan80 for $500 saying he won't get 12 sacks. Unfortunately that will be the easiest Zonebucks I've ever made.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

i'd like to see jones rebound from that injury.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• BillsFever
              Mr. Predictament
              • Feb 2003

I think we all would, but the chances are slim.

If anybody else wants to take me up on that bet, I'll be more then happy to accept. I'll bet 12k on less then 12 sacks.

Comment

• robeezy
                • Jun 2003

How can he be hobbling a few weeks ago and be ready now? I'm sure he won't be 100%.
                "No body Circles the Wagon, Like the Buffalo Bills!"

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

If healthy, Jones is at least in the mix at LDE. We need all the bodies we can get there, and Jones may at least give us one decent year, while we develop Kelsay or Irons, or continue to look for other help.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Travis Hunter
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever
                    I think we all would, but the chances are slim.

If anybody else wants to take me up on that bet, I'll be more then happy to accept. I'll bet 12k on less then 12 sacks.
                    How the heck did you amass 62000 zonebucks?
                    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• ryven
                      • Jan 2003

Well I hope he does come back we dont need him to amass a huge amount of sacks 10 would be nice but as long as he gets preassure on the QB and ca help us stop the run. I will be very happy plus thats one more threat teams will have to watch for especially if he returns to prior form.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        If healthy, Jones is at least in the mix at LDE. We need all the bodies we can get there, and Jones may at least give us one decent year, while we develop Kelsay or Irons, or continue to look for other help.
                        i actually feel comfortable with jones, kelsay and irons sharing time early on.. my personal hope is that irons steps up and becomes the man. he has the same size as jason taylor, at 6-5 270lbs.. then kelsay can back up schobel, and if schobel decides to bolt after another year, then we have his groomed replacement.

jones getting on the field would be nice to see, since we have all been holding our breath for him since last season.

posey will also get time at DE on obvious passing downs.

i dont feel worried about that situation at all.

Originally posted by Travis Hunter
                        How the heck did you amass 62000 zonebucks?

i was thinking the same damn thing! i been ehre ages and only have 21000
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ryven
                          • Jan 2003

I would love to see irons step up and become a starting DE I think he might be a damn good pass rusher.

Comment

• Doc
                            • Dec 2002

Jones' best season came when he was playing RIGHT DE, not LDE as he will with the Bills. At LDE he was unspectacular as a pass rusher, but pretty good against the run. If he can return to that form, he'll be better than Shidi was last year. As for getting 12 or more sacks this year, I'll also bet that he won't do that, but I'd be ecstatic to lose that bet (it's just Zonebucks!).

Comment

• BillsMan80
                              Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
                              • Jul 2002

Nobody ever said that Jones was hobbling. All that was said was that they weren't going to rush him back and let him take his time to get back into playing shape. Jones will be back and will be a force on our DLine. Especially with the talent around him.
                              The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
                              THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X