X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ginger Vitis
    • Feb 2009

For those who think this years QB crop sucks

And want to wait until next year to take Johnny Manziel..Teddy Bridgewater..Tahj Boyd with the 1st overall pick

The Bills have only picked in the Top 5 twice in the last 13 years (4th 2002) (3rd 2011) dont assume they will be picking Top 5 in 2014

Whoever you think is the "it" guy for nex t year just remember last offseason Matt Barkley was suppose to go 1st overall this year and that is nowhere close to happening..

Stop waiting for next year the Bills FO needs to get a QB early in the draft this year!!!
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: For those who think this years QB crop sucks

Select a QB in either of the first 2 rounds every ******* year until one hits. All the other selections are moot until there is a QB stud.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
      And want to wait until next year to take Johnny Manziel..Teddy Bridgewater..Tahj Boyd with the 1st overall pick

The Bills have only picked in the Top 5 twice in the last 13 years (4th 2002) (3rd 2011) dont assume they will be picking Top 5 in 2014

Whoever you think is the "it" guy for nex t year just remember last offseason Matt Barkley was suppose to go 1st overall this year and that is nowhere close to happening..

Stop waiting for next year the Bills FO needs to get a QB early in the draft this year!!!
      The Bills need to get a QB early in the draft- this is true.

The Bills' needs, however, have nothing to do with the availability of QB's worthy of high draft picks.

Your post has nothing to do with the quality of the QB's available THIS year- it's simply a warning about what may or may not happen next year.

The Bills absolutely have to get someone with the #8 team who makes the team significantly better. None of the QB's in this draft are likely to do that, and your post warning about next year's QB's doesn't change that.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by sukie View Post
      Select a QB in either of the first 2 rounds every ******* year until one hits. All the other selections are moot until there is a QB stud.
      Once again, a major reason why the Bills have sucked for the last 13 years is poor drafting. This strategy all but guarantees that the poor drafting will continue.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

Your post has nothing to do with the quality of the QB's available THIS year-

A GM who is confident in his abilities to identify talent and does thorough work would be a ble to draft a good QB from this years crop. And I realize the current Bills GM seems incapable of doing that..And someone will bring up the 2007 QB class.. Whatever.. A good GM could find a QB in this draft class

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

The Bills need to get a QB early in the draft- this is true.

The Bills' needs, however, have nothing to do with the availability of QB's worthy of high draft picks.

Your post has nothing to do with the quality of the QB's available THIS year- it's simply a warning about what may or may not happen next year.

The Bills absolutely have to get someone with the #8 team who makes the team significantly better. None of the QB's in this draft are likely to do that, and your post warning about next year's QB's doesn't change that.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again, a major reason why the Bills have sucked for the last 13 years is poor drafting. This strategy all but guarantees that the poor drafting will continue.
          OK which future HOF player would you have the Bills draft at #8 instead of QB?

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

A GM who is confident in his abilities to identify talent and does thorough work would be a ble to draft a good QB from this years crop. And I realize the current Bills GM seems incapable of doing that..And someone will bring up the 2007 QB class.. Whatever.. A good GM could find a QB in this draft class
            Even the best GM can't find something that isn't there.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by sukie View Post
              No thanks.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                OK which future HOF player would you have the Bills draft at #8 instead of QB?
                Don't know because I haven't had time to look into all the players available all that much.

I have looked into the QB's and none of them are worth the #8.

I'm guessing you haven't looked into any of the other players either, given your myopic view that we absolutely have to pick a QB at 8 no matter what.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                  • Feb 2009

This is a excuse and a defeatist attitude.. If Im the owner of a NFL team I dont want to hear that and wonder why I was employing you.. I bet Draftboy is confident he could get a Good Qb with in the 1st 3 Rounds

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Don't know because I haven't had time to look into all the players available all that much.

I have looked into the QB's and none of them are worth the #8.

I'm guessing you haven't looked into any of the other players either, given your myopic view that we absolutely have to pick a QB at 8 no matter what.

Well, I have looked at the players that people have proposed the Bills take at #8. ALL of them have questions about how they will produce in the NFL just as the QBs do.

There is no sure thing can't miss prospect in this draft at ANY position. There is no Warren Sapp or Derrick Brooks or Bruce Smith.

I would rather gamble on a QB than any other position because the Bills NEED a QB & it is the most important position in Football.

And make no mistake about it, EVERY prospect drafted this year will be a gamble.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

This is a excuse and a defeatist attitude.. If Im the owner of a NFL team I dont want to hear that and wonder why I was employing you.. I bet Draftboy is confident he could get a Good Qb with in the 1st 3 Rounds
                      LMAO- "I hired you to find something that doesn't exist, and I'm gonna be pretty pissed off if you can't do it!"

Reality is not an excuse. Reality is not defeatist. Some things just are what they are.

If you want to get on Nix for being here 4 years and not finding a QB, I'm with you. If you want to get on Nix for pigeon-holing ourselves into needing a QB when none are available, I'm with you. If you want to get on Nix for not getting a QB in THIS draft, that's where you lose me. There just isn't one- certainly not with the 8th pick. Maybe he'll get lucky and find something in round 2 or 3, but even that's unlikely.
                      Last edited by OpIv37; 03-15-2013, 09:23 AM.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Don't Panic
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Dec 2005

Op is right... while we need to dismiss the "wait til next year" thinking, we can't reach. The only guy worth the top 10 this year appears to be Geno. If we want to trade back into the end of the 1st for a guy we can justify taking there, so be it. Otherwise, we'll have to decide if any of the guys left with our 2nd are worth it. If they don't like one, no need to force it. Same goes for the 3rd round.

Realizing that we shouldn't wait doesn't mean we need to reach, or force, a pick.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                          Well, I have looked at the players that people have proposed the Bills take at #8. ALL of them have questions about how they will produce in the NFL just as the QBs do.

There is no sure thing can't miss prospect in this draft at ANY position. There is no Warren Sapp or Derrick Brooks or Bruce Smith.

I would rather gamble on a QB than any other position because the Bills NEED a QB & it is the most important position in Football.

And make no mistake about it, EVERY prospect drafted this year will be a gamble.
                          Except that not every prospect is an EQUAL gamble.

The QB's are a much bigger gamble, and the Bills simply can't afford to miss with this pick. That's why taking the bigger gamble is not smart.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Don't Panic View Post
                            Op is right... while we need to dismiss the "wait til next year" thinking, we can't reach. The only guy worth the top 10 this year appears to be Geno. If we want to trade back into the end of the 1st for a guy we can justify taking there, so be it. Otherwise, we'll have to decide if any of the guys left with our 2nd are worth it. If they don't like one, no need to force it. Same goes for the 3rd round.

Realizing that we shouldn't wait doesn't mean we need to reach, or force, a pick.
                            Like I said, there is NO sure thing in this draft at ANY position. It is a GAMBLE no matter who the Bills pick & no matter the position he plays.

I would like the name of the player the Bills should take at #8 & be told he is a guaranteed future Pro Bowl player.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Except that not every prospect is an EQUAL gamble.

The QB's are a much bigger gamble, and the Bills simply can't afford to miss with this pick. That's why taking the bigger gamble is not smart.
                              Explain to me why the Bills can't afford to miss with this pick. What makes this year any more important than the year Maybin was picked in the first rnd or the year Mike Williams was picked in the first rnd?

I would rather put my chips in the middle of the table on a QB than to fold & have NO CHANCE to win.

Comment

Working...
                              X