X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Nix and Whaley at Arkansas pro day

Buffalobills.com has learned that GM Buddy Nix and Assistant GM Doug Whaley are in attendance at the Arkansas pro day, which most notably features Razorbacks QB Tyler Wilson.

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Nix and Whaley at Arkansas pro day

But...but...but...we can now sign Kevin Kolb !
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

Its quite obvious where their off season priorities lie.

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

They were in WV yest too.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• W1DER1GHT
          Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills
          • Mar 2007

I understand checking him out, but I want nothing to do with this guy.
          "Tyler Wilson is a glorified cross between JP Losman and Ryan Fitzpatrick." W1DER1GHT 3/16/13
          ^Well, I may have given Wilson too much credit^

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
            Buffalobills.com has learned...
            That makes me laugh. I mean come on CB.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
              That makes me laugh. I mean come on CB.
              Don't laught at him, he's a true professional through and through. He takes his reporting skills very seriously as I worked on website like yours in the past and was given some advice by the Brownie.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

That apparently solidifies the fact we are just not even trying to help out Marrone with free agency.
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• coastal
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

Django Unchained Part douche.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Well, every body that believes the only thing you need to win in this league is a QB should be very happy that they are ignoring the rest of the team in favor of that particular position.

Who needs talent anywhere else on the roster? Drafting a QB at #8 = Super Bowl!
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      Well, every body that believes the only thing you need to win in this league is a QB should be very happy that they are ignoring the rest of the team in favor of that particular position.

Who needs talent anywhere else on the roster? Drafting a QB at #8 = Super Bowl!
                      Finding a FRANCHISE QB is far more IMPORTANT than anything else this offseason. Nix & Whaley know how to PRIORITIZE.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Its no secret that Nix loves Wilson. He was high on him last year also.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by better days View Post
                          Finding a FRANCHISE QB is far more IMPORTANT than anything else this offseason. Nix & Whaley know how to PRIORITIZE.
                          It's impossible to dispute your first point, but the second is ridiculous. First of all, there's a reason there's more than one person in the front office. Plus, with George Whaley in place as sort of GM 1a, we should be better positioned to multitask than almost any other team. If they're missing out on FAs due to prioritizing their time in favor of a QB search, then someone didn't do their homework in the months leading up to now.

But I don't think that's really why we're absent from FA. I'm as big a homer as anyone, but this has to be about money. I think they planned to just sit out the initial week or two and wait until the bargains emerged. They had no intention of an aggressive, big money acquisition.

We're not the only team with that approach. But unfortunately this team has been too bad for too long to justify a lack of aggression. That could have started with resigning our own talent and overpaying a little for Levitre. Frankly. If we had done that, after tagging Byrd, it would have been an OK FA period.
                          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim View Post
                            It's impossible to dispute your first point, but the second is ridiculous. First of all, there's a reason there's more than one person in the front office. Plus, with George Whaley in place as sort of GM 1a, we should be better positioned to multitask than almost any other team. If they're missing out on FAs due to prioritizing their time in favor of a QB search, then someone didn't do their homework in the months leading up to now.

But I don't think that's really why we're absent from FA. I'm as big a homer as anyone, but this has to be about money. I think they planned to just sit out the initial week or two and wait until the bargains emerged. They had no intention of an aggressive, big money acquisition.

We're not the only team with that approach. But unfortunately this team has been too bad for too long to justify a lack of aggression. That could have started with resigning our own talent and overpaying a little for Levitre. Frankly. If we had done that, after tagging Byrd, it would have been an OK FA period.

Nix has said the Bills will be players in FA, but not at the start. It is all about MONEY & that is what Brandon said when he was promoted. I guess we will have to see how it works out.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                              Don't laught at him, he's a true professional through and through. He takes his reporting skills very seriously as I worked on website like yours in the past and was given some advice by the Brownie.
                              Not laughing at him, you have misunderstood my comment.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X