PDA

View Full Version : Nix and Whaley at Arkansas pro day

justasportsfan
03-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Buffalobills.com has learned that GM Buddy Nix and Assistant GM Doug Whaley are in attendance at the Arkansas pro day, which most notably features Razorbacks QB Tyler Wilson.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/03/15/nix-and-whaley-at-arkansas-pro-day/

Night Train
03-15-2013, 10:38 AM
But...but...but...we can now sign Kevin Kolb !

RedEyE
03-15-2013, 10:40 AM
Its quite obvious where their off season priorities lie.

The King
03-15-2013, 10:41 AM
They were in WV yest too.

W1DER1GHT
03-15-2013, 10:53 AM
I understand checking him out, but I want nothing to do with this guy.

DraftBoy
03-15-2013, 11:16 AM
Buffalobills.com has learned...

That makes me laugh. I mean come on CB.

The Jokeman
03-15-2013, 07:16 PM
That makes me laugh. I mean come on CB.

Don't laught at him, he's a true professional through and through. He takes his reporting skills very seriously as I worked on website like yours in the past and was given some advice by the Brownie.

ServoBillieves
03-15-2013, 08:53 PM
That apparently solidifies the fact we are just not even trying to help out Marrone with free agency.

coastal
03-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Django Unchained Part douche.

YardRat
03-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Well, every body that believes the only thing you need to win in this league is a QB should be very happy that they are ignoring the rest of the team in favor of that particular position.

Who needs talent anywhere else on the roster? Drafting a QB at #8 = Super Bowl!

better days
03-15-2013, 11:24 PM
Well, every body that believes the only thing you need to win in this league is a QB should be very happy that they are ignoring the rest of the team in favor of that particular position.

Who needs talent anywhere else on the roster? Drafting a QB at #8 = Super Bowl!

Finding a FRANCHISE QB is far more IMPORTANT than anything else this offseason. Nix & Whaley know how to PRIORITIZE.

jimbohastle51
03-16-2013, 12:31 AM
Its no secret that Nix loves Wilson. He was high on him last year also.

Saratoga Slim
03-16-2013, 06:20 AM
Finding a FRANCHISE QB is far more IMPORTANT than anything else this offseason. Nix & Whaley know how to PRIORITIZE.

It's impossible to dispute your first point, but the second is ridiculous. First of all, there's a reason there's more than one person in the front office. Plus, with George Whaley in place as sort of GM 1a, we should be better positioned to multitask than almost any other team. If they're missing out on FAs due to prioritizing their time in favor of a QB search, then someone didn't do their homework in the months leading up to now.

But I don't think that's really why we're absent from FA. I'm as big a homer as anyone, but this has to be about money. I think they planned to just sit out the initial week or two and wait until the bargains emerged. They had no intention of an aggressive, big money acquisition.

We're not the only team with that approach. But unfortunately this team has been too bad for too long to justify a lack of aggression. That could have started with resigning our own talent and overpaying a little for Levitre. Frankly. If we had done that, after tagging Byrd, it would have been an OK FA period.

better days
03-16-2013, 06:39 AM
It's impossible to dispute your first point, but the second is ridiculous. First of all, there's a reason there's more than one person in the front office. Plus, with George Whaley in place as sort of GM 1a, we should be better positioned to multitask than almost any other team. If they're missing out on FAs due to prioritizing their time in favor of a QB search, then someone didn't do their homework in the months leading up to now.

But I don't think that's really why we're absent from FA. I'm as big a homer as anyone, but this has to be about money. I think they planned to just sit out the initial week or two and wait until the bargains emerged. They had no intention of an aggressive, big money acquisition.

We're not the only team with that approach. But unfortunately this team has been too bad for too long to justify a lack of aggression. That could have started with resigning our own talent and overpaying a little for Levitre. Frankly. If we had done that, after tagging Byrd, it would have been an OK FA period.

Nix has said the Bills will be players in FA, but not at the start. It is all about MONEY & that is what Brandon said when he was promoted. I guess we will have to see how it works out.

DraftBoy
03-16-2013, 07:52 AM
Don't laught at him, he's a true professional through and through. He takes his reporting skills very seriously as I worked on website like yours in the past and was given some advice by the Brownie.

Not laughing at him, you have misunderstood my comment.

justasportsfan
03-16-2013, 08:43 AM
got this from another website and not sure if it's accurate.

With regards to hand size and fumbles

Wilson - 401 passing attempts 40 runs - 2 fumbles 8 5/8 inch hands
Smith - 512 passing attempts 69 runs - 8 fumbles
Jones - 664 passing attempts 14 runs - 2 fumbles 9 hand
Glennon 564 passing attempts 68 runs - 13 fumbles 9 3/8 hand
Dysert - 480 passing attempts 108 runs - 0 fumbles 9 hand
Nassib - 481 passing attempts 85 runs - 6 fumbles 10 hand
Bray - 451 passing attempts 15 runs - 3 fumbles
Manual - 387 passing attempts 104 runs - 6 fumbles 10 1/8 hand
Barkley - 387 passing attempts 26 runs - 2 fumbles

Bangarang
03-16-2013, 09:09 AM
It should be pretty obvious that if Geno is off the board then we're taking Patterson in the first and Wilson in the 2nd. Nix has a man crush on this guy.