PDA

View Full Version : Josh Reed - 1740 yards

Tatonka
07-10-2003, 11:59 PM
just wanted to remind everyone.. i know josh reed showed a lot last year.. as a rookie.. but it seems some really think he is gonna be one of those 500-700 yard type receivers.. others think he cant get deep.. he is slow.. ect.. while he looked great to me last year.. i just wanted to let some of you that where not aware know a bit about his 2001 season, and what he did at LSU.. he is capable, and everyone is gonna forget about peerless. i dont care if it was "just" college.. this guy performed like an absolute man among boys.. every time i go back and look at these numbers, i just cant help but think what a steal we got in the second round.

http://www.lsusports.net/article.cfm?ref=000C41B3-EA4F-1C3D-AA4F809F187EFD6F

As a junior in 2001, Reed set numerous Southeastern Conference and school records in helping the Tigers to their first outright conference title

since 1986 and a berth in the Sugar Bowl. LSU beat then-No. 2 Tennessee, 31-20, in the SEC Championship game and then followed that with a 47-34 victory over then-No. 7 Illinois in the Sugar Bowl. The Tigers finished the year with a 10-3 overall mark.

For the year, Reed caught 94 passes for 1,740 yards and seven touchdowns.

The 1,740 receiving yards ranked first in the nation and marked the highest single-season total in SEC history. Reed's average of 145.0 yards per game also led the nation and broke the SEC record. Reed broke 15 school or SEC records in 2001.

Reed's 94 receptions broke the school-record and ranked as the second highest single-season total in SEC history.

In 13 games for the Tigers in 2001, Reed had 11 100-yard receiving games, a school-record, and he twice went over the 200-yard mark. Reed set an SEC record with 293 yards on a league record 19 receptions in the Tigers' 35-21 win over Alabama on Nov. 3. Reed also set a pair of pair of Sugar Bowl record with 14 receptions for 239 yards in the Tiger win over the Illini.

Reed led the SEC in three categories - receiving yards per game (145.0), receptions per game (7.8) and all-purpose yards (155.0). Reed ranked third nationally in receptions per game and he was 11th in the nation in all-purpose yards.

Reed, who played wide receiver for just 26 regular-season games at LSU, became the first 3,000-yard receiver in SEC history as he capped his Tiger career with 3,001 yards. In his first full season at wide receiver in 2000, Reed caught 65 passes for 1,127 yards and 10 touchdowns.

For his career, Reed finished with 167 receptions for 3,001 yards and 17 touchdowns. Reed also rushed for 63 yards and one touchdown. Reed also recorded 18 100-yard receiving games for the Tigers, a school-record.

Tatonka
07-11-2003, 12:00 AM
ps.. how do you get 1740 yards without getting "deep"?

Dozerdog
07-11-2003, 12:09 AM
YAC!

Tatonka
07-11-2003, 12:11 AM
1740 yards of YAC?

nope.

alot may be yac.. but he can get past people with sweet moves...

moulds is not the fastest guy out there either.. but if you run good routes, people cant cover you.

lordofgun
07-11-2003, 12:37 AM
A lot of price's yards were YAC too. Price didn't go deep very often either.

Dozerdog
07-11-2003, 12:47 AM
Some of his more memorable long TDs- the Minnesota OT catch, the second Miami TD catch were both 15-20 yard patterns in which he made a sweet move and ran for the rest

CajunBillsBacker
07-11-2003, 12:53 AM
Preach on Brotha! You dont have to remind me what Josh Reed is all about. The guy just simply amazes me among many others with his knack for getting open. I tell you, NO, and I mean abslolutely NO DB(you hear me Sam Madison and Patrick Sertain) in the NFL can cover this guy one on one. Soon enough everyone will learn this. Any defensive coordinator who goes into the game against the Bills with the gameplan to double and triple coverage Eric Moulds leaving single coverage by a 3rd DB or even a safety on Reed should be searching for a new profession next offseason. You will see early and often after Bledsoe finds him many series where Reed with catch 3-4 passes in a row. You'll here "Reed Again" many times this season.

lordofgun
07-11-2003, 01:03 AM
:bf1: Now I'm getting excited.

mvb1781
07-11-2003, 01:25 AM
i remembered Reed being the man in college but i had no idea he was that good when i worked at the bills camp last year he was the man that everyone was talkin about his Hands r soo small but he can grab anything around him also he is a tank not like that freak called DAVID BOSTON but he can block and take hits over the middle unlike PRICE
i also totally agree that Price wasnt a huge deep threat but rather all about YAC

lordofgun
07-11-2003, 01:34 AM
Moulds is the deep threat in this offense. Reed doesn't have to be.

The_Philster
07-11-2003, 04:42 AM
And we've also got Jett who can stretch the field. Maybe he can't catch much, but he can draw away one defender rom underneath coverage.

Jan Reimers
07-11-2003, 05:52 AM
Reed has about the same 40 time as Andre Reed. He has football speed, moves, the ability to separate, toughness, great hands, and certainly the ability to run after the catch. In some areas - at least YAC and hands - he is superior to Price. I think he will have a great year.

ryven
07-11-2003, 07:21 AM
Great read thx, Josh will be nightmare for most teams if they dont respect him.

Tatonka
07-11-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by mvb1781
i remembered Reed being the man in college but i had no idea he was that good.

yeah.. alot of people dont realize what the guy can do.. 11 out of 13 games he had 100+ yards, and for the season.. he average 145 yards a game.. are you kidding me? wow.

Originally posted by lordofgun
:bf1: Now I'm getting excited.

lets keep the topic on football.. and i am married, but thanks.

Originally posted by lordofgun
Moulds is the deep threat in this offense. Reed doesn't have to be.

that is the beauty of it.. i think he can be.. a lot more than people think.

Doc
07-11-2003, 09:18 AM
Price could beat people deep...but couldn't catch it when he got the ball thrown to him. That is what infuriated me about him, as well as not fighting for balls thrown his way. His fumbles also sucked and his inability to block was frustrating.

Judge
07-11-2003, 11:20 AM
I was in NOLA recently and was talking to some Louisiana sports fans about football. When they heard I was a Bills fan they were all praising Josh Reed non-stop. They love the guy there.

Ingtar33
07-11-2003, 11:46 AM
Nothing to add, just to reinforce...

Reed's 40 times are identical to both Andre Reed and Jerry Rice... I think that’s plenty fast.

He has pro bowl hands, and I don't really recall him dropping anything in college, and only one pass in the pros (against KC)

He has an extraordinary ability to gain "separation" from DBs, which is a function of instinct and quickness, not foot speed. Why is separation important? Because it is separation that determines how easily he can get open, not 40 times.

His RAC ability is stunning, and will earn him a pile of yards.

(BTW: Price was not a "deep threat", as he had poor hands for over the shoulder catches, and poor leaping ability, and tended to loose control of his body too easily... as a result his "speed" only really came into play when he got into the open field... Moulds was about the WR we had last year who was a credible deep threat, so we never really lost anything other than speed when Price left)

mush69
07-11-2003, 11:59 AM
I am very stoked that Josh is stepping into the #2 spot. I lost all respect for PP after the KC game last year when he couldn't keep his head together. His personal foul penalties helped take us out of that game.

Cntrygal
07-11-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by mush69
I lost all respect for PP after the KC game last year when he couldn't keep his head together. His personal foul penalties helped take us out of that game.

It didn't take long for everyone (on defense) to know that they could get to him. :mad:

ublinkwescore
07-11-2003, 01:38 PM
I just kicked my mama!!!!!

RUDEbyallMEANS
07-11-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by ryven
Great read thx, Josh will be nightmare for most teams if they dont respect him.

Respect is to be earned.. Not to be given because of hype..

Originally posted by CajunBillsBacker
I tell you, NO, and I mean abslolutely NO DB(you hear me Sam Madison and Patrick Sertain) in the NFL can cover this guy one on one.

Getting a little carried away there kid.. You're talking to 2 CB's that dominated Jerry Rice, Tim Brown, Jerry Porter, Laverneaus Coles, Rod Smith, and Randy Moss when they lined up against our beloved MAdison and Surtain.. I personally do not believe Reed is ready to face MAdison one on one.. I'm also sure the majority as well as the sane Bills fans are not very comfortable with that match up.. We'll just have to see how this kid handles being the #2 WR this time with 1/2 the secondaries attention being put on him rather than just 1 CB when he was the 3rd option last year.. We'll see.. Some odd 90+ days left..:D

ryven
07-11-2003, 02:54 PM
Madison will never cover reed he will be to busy with moulds which leaves reed with who?

RUDEbyallMEANS
07-11-2003, 03:02 PM
Madison will never cover reed he will be to busy with moulds which leaves reed with who?

Quite frankly.. Madison had a rare off year for him or what people would call a "slump" year last year.. Surtain was fantastic last year and now has grown trust from the entire Team and Wannstedt to be the CB to match up with the opponents best WR.. That would mean Surtain would cover Moulds and Madison would cover Reed.. No matter where Moulds or Reed go, Surtain and Madison will cover their guy respectively.. So if Reed was put in the slot, Madison would be the slot CB and Terrell Buckley would be the one covering Jett or whoever is the 3rd WR.. Miami didnt grow fond of opponents putting their best WR in the slot so that Miami's 3rd CB would have to cover them.. So that is one twist Miami's defense has done since the season was over.. But of course, Reed is not a very huge threat so if he did go to the slot, Miami might put Buckley on him.. One guarantee is that Surtain will be on Moulds at all times, even if Moulds lines up in the slot.. One very popular move opponentss made on Miami was putting their best WR's in the slot to get away from the MAdison/Surtain Jams.. So Miami will be seeing alot of that next year.. Won't be surprised if Moulds goes to the slot more often..

ryven
07-11-2003, 03:10 PM
You cant tell me that wanny would actually put a one on one with moulds he would tear your team apart

RUDEbyallMEANS
07-11-2003, 03:12 PM
You cant tell me that wanny would actually put a one on one with moulds he would tear your team apart

:huh: There's something called a safety.. :lol:

ryven
07-11-2003, 03:17 PM
theres some thing called a third reciever what im saying moulds is one of the premier WR in the league there going to have to put there best players to cover him which right now is madison and surtain that leaves reed open and if you dont put your best with moulds I dont care about the safety moulds will shred them.

TedMock
07-11-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

Quite frankly.. Madison had a rare off year for him or what people would call a "slump" year last year.. Surtain was fantastic last year and now has grown trust from the entire Team and Wannstedt to be the CB to match up with the opponents best WR.. That would mean Surtain would cover Moulds and Madison would cover Reed.. No matter where Moulds or Reed go, Surtain and Madison will cover their guy respectively.. So if Reed was put in the slot, Madison would be the slot CB and Terrell Buckley would be the one covering Jett or whoever is the 3rd WR.. Miami didnt grow fond of opponents putting their best WR in the slot so that Miami's 3rd CB would have to cover them.. So that is one twist Miami's defense has done since the season was over.. But of course, Reed is not a very huge threat so if he did go to the slot, Miami might put Buckley on him.. One guarantee is that Surtain will be on Moulds at all times, even if Moulds lines up in the slot.. One very popular move opponentss made on Miami was putting their best WR's in the slot to get away from the MAdison/Surtain Jams.. So Miami will be seeing alot of that next year.. Won't be surprised if Moulds goes to the slot more often..

I was back in Buffalo a few weeks ago and according to the radio (can't remember if it was WGR or WNSA) they're talking about putting Moulds in the slot in various offenses anyway. As far as Reed is concerned.....He'll be most dangerous in the slot seeing his strengths are strong routes and strong RAC.

ryven
07-11-2003, 03:18 PM
theres some thing called a third reciever what im saying moulds is one of the premier WR in the league there going to have to put there best players to cover him which right now is madison and surtain that leaves reed open and if you dont put your best with moulds I dont care about the safety moulds will shred them.

RUDEbyallMEANS
07-11-2003, 03:25 PM
Put Surtain and Madison on Moulds??? :lol:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!!!
That's hilarious!!!!
OMG!!!!
I'm gonna faint!!!!
Moulds is not that damn good.. He gets lucky on 2 long bombs and you think he's great?? C'mon now man.. I know you smarter than that.. Surtain and Marion are no doubt good enough to stop Moulds.. On the other side you got MAdison who could blanket Reed by himself but if needed, The BallHawk Knight is right there reading Bledsoe.. Moulds is not invincible man.. You cracked me up with your last post.. Nothing short of hilarious.. With Price gone, your 3 WR sets don't scare anyone..

RUDEbyallMEANS
07-11-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by TedMock

I was back in Buffalo a few weeks ago and according to the radio (can't remember if it was WGR or WNSA) they're talking about putting Moulds in the slot in various offenses anyway. As far as Reed is concerned.....He'll be most dangerous in the slot seeing his strengths are strong routes and strong RAC.

Had I heard Moulds was going to line up in the slot a year ago, I would be worried because 1 year ago, Miami didn't have Madison and Surtain following the opponents best WR's leaving Miami with alot of Jamar Fletcher having to cover the opoonents Best WR many times which resulted in many huge plays for the respective opponents.. But now.. Don't matter where opponents try to hide their best WR, Surtain will be right there in his face.. Last year, Thats what they did with Randy Moss. They moved him around, away from madison andSurtain, and thats when he got his long catches.. Thats why Miami has changed..

RUDEbyallMEANS
07-11-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
just wanted to remind everyone.. i know josh reed showed a lot last year.. as a rookie.. but it seems some really think he is gonna be one of those 500-700 yard type receivers.. others think he cant get deep.. he is slow.. ect.. while he looked great to me last year.. i just wanted to let some of you that where not aware know a bit about his 2001 season, and what he did at LSU.. he is capable, and everyone is gonna forget about peerless. i dont care if it was "just" college.. this guy performed like an absolute man among boys.. every time i go back and look at these numbers, i just cant help but think what a steal we got in the second round.

As a junior in 2001, Reed set numerous Southeastern Conference and school records in helping the Tigers to their first outright conference title

since 1986 and a berth in the Sugar Bowl. LSU beat then-No. 2 Tennessee, 31-20, in the SEC Championship game and then followed that with a 47-34 victory over then-No. 7 Illinois in the Sugar Bowl. The Tigers finished the year with a 10-3 overall mark.

The 1,740 receiving yards ranked first in the nation and marked the highest single-season total in SEC history. Reed's average of 145.0 yards per game also led the nation and broke the SEC record. Reed broke 15 school or SEC records in 2001.

Reed's 94 receptions broke the school-record and ranked as the second highest single-season total in SEC history.

In 13 games for the Tigers in 2001, Reed had 11 100-yard receiving games, a school-record, and he twice went over the 200-yard mark. Reed set an SEC record with 293 yards on a league record 19 receptions in the Tigers' 35-21 win over Alabama on Nov. 3. Reed also set a pair of pair of Sugar Bowl record with 14 receptions for 239 yards in the Tiger win over the Illini.

Reed led the SEC in three categories - receiving yards per game (145.0), receptions per game (7.8) and all-purpose yards (155.0). Reed ranked third nationally in receptions per game and he was 11th in the nation in all-purpose yards.

Reed, who played wide receiver for just 26 regular-season games at LSU, became the first 3,000-yard receiver in SEC history as he capped his Tiger career with 3,001 yards. In his first full season at wide receiver in 2000, Reed caught 65 passes for 1,127 yards and 10 touchdowns.

For his career, Reed finished with 167 receptions for 3,001 yards and 17 touchdowns. Reed also rushed for 63 yards and one touchdown. Reed also recorded 18 100-yard receiving games for the Tigers, a school-record.

The fact is that your 3WR set has been diminished.. Before you had Moulds, Price and Reed... Now you have Moulds, Reed and Jett.. You can bring up all the numbers in college that you want, but he's in the big league now and we'll just have to see how he handles facing the opponents 2nd best CB..

Voltron
07-11-2003, 03:40 PM
What color is the sky in your world RUDEbyallMeans??

lordofgun
07-11-2003, 03:43 PM
That's hilarious!!!!
OMG!!!!
I'm gonna faint!!!!
Moulds is not that damn good.. He gets lucky on 2 long bombs and you think he's great?? C'mon now man.. I know you smarter than that.. Surtain and Marion are no doubt good enough to stop Moulds.. On the other side you got MAdison who could blanket Reed by himself but if needed, The BallHawk Knight is right there reading Bledsoe.. Moulds is not invincible man.. You cracked me up with your last post.. Nothing short of hilarious.. With Price gone, your 3 WR sets don't scare anyone..

But Madison and Surtain are invincible? I don't think so. Moulds shreds them every time. They're good enough to stop him? Well when are they going to actually produce against him if they have all that talent. After Thurman, Moulds picked up right where Thomas left off...DOLPHIN KILLER.

Doc
07-11-2003, 03:46 PM
How do you figure that Surtain will be able to cover Moulds? When has he ever done so? If what you're claiming that Madison had a "rare off-year" last year (you better HOPE that was the case!) AND that the Dols moved Surtain to cover the opponent's best WR, at the very LEAST we would have seen Surtain and Marion covering Moulds in the 2nd game. However for some reason we didn't (unless Wannaclue actually thought that Price was the better WR, LOL!). Last of all, who is Miami's 3rd CB going to be?

RUDEbyallMEANS
07-11-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Voltron
What color is the sky in your world RUDEbyallMeans??

This is referring to what?? If you dont agree with anything I say just tell me about it.. Don't ask me stupid ascinine questions to make yourself feel better.. So what do you disagree with??

R. Rich
07-11-2003, 03:47 PM
It's true that Reed will have to show and prove to a lot of people, but there are plenty of others, like myself and a lot of others who have responded in this thread, that feel he will handle things well. It's things like his maturity, his hands, and his route running skills that have me convinced that he will be a good second WR for the Bills. To me, Reed has as much to prove as the #2 WR as Price now has to prove as the top WR in Atlanta. Of the two, I have more confidence in Reed. None of this matters when they take the field, of course. Then, it's up to the players to show us what they can do.

SoCalBillsFan
07-11-2003, 03:59 PM
Either way, a lot of people will be surprised this year by the bills' receiving core. Either Reed will shine and the nay-sayers will be shocked, or he won't and us bills fan will be shocked. Only time will tell.

MDFINFAN
07-11-2003, 04:00 PM

yeah.. alot of people dont realize what the guy can do.. 11 out of 13 games he had 100+ yards, and for the season.. he average 145 yards a game.. are you kidding me? wow.

lets keep the topic on football.. and i am married, but thanks.

that is the beauty of it.. i think he can be.. a lot more than people think.

So Tatonka, using this kind of analysis, I could say that JR Tolver will be pretty good in the NFL..the guy we just drafted with our 5th pick..

"WR J.R. Tolver --Big, strong possession receiver who set school records at San Diego State for most receptions and yards in a season last year with 128 receptions for 1785 yards. Unfortunately, he doesn't have breakaway speed."

Sounds a lot like Reed, didn't get as many YAC as Reed did in college, but has been lighting up the Dolphins mini camp with his hands..So we may have gotten a steal base on the your analysis.

Dozerdog
07-11-2003, 04:05 PM
If San Diego State won the SEC Championship, with teams like Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, Georgia, and Tolliver put up monster numbers against NFL caliber DB's- then yes- make that statement.

But if he's beating guys who play for Air Foce, New Mexico, and Utah, well then I don't think they can compare

Voltron
07-11-2003, 04:06 PM
That's hilarious!!!!
OMG!!!!
I'm gonna faint!!!!

I disagree with this whole post emphaticly (is that too big a word for ya? Do I need to dumb it down?)

Moulds is not that good? A fish fan telling bills fans that our receivers arn't any good? Come on man I know you're smarter than that? The fact is that we tore your entire D up last year when it was ranked close to the top in the AFC. So I don't want to here you spout this rant about our offense sucking when we took more passes from your QB in one of the games than you took from us all year! We owned you on both days!! This includes your Running back having a 200+ yard day and the Bills still beat you, with a passing game against your beloved DBs, in a blinding snow storm!!!!!!!! :fishfry:

MDFINFAN
07-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
If San Diego State won the SEC Championship, with teams like Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, Georgia, and Tolliver put up monster numbers against NFL caliber DB's- then yes- make that statement.

But if he's beating guys who play for Air Foce, New Mexico, and Utah, well then I don't think they can compare

Are you sure? Hands are hands, you have to catch that many to make that many yards..My point here is his hands, I'm comparing them to reeds, Reeds caught 94 passes, that's a lot of passes in College. Since JR wasn't playing the same caliber of teams, he stood out by catching 128. Reed is faster than JR I believe..but JR has looked great in Mini Camp, catching just about anything close to him, to include underthrow one handers. The only question I have thus far about him is playing top DB's. Surtain and Madison weren't participating in mini camps, Madison is coming off surguery to repair Knee problems he had last year, and Surtain also coming off a leg injury from last year. Once TC starts, I'll know more once he goes against those two..By the way, Madison can stretch his leg out again and has regain his speed, hopefully moulds doesn't run by him again this year.

CajunBillsBacker
07-11-2003, 04:29 PM
When was the last time Sertain and Madison or anyone else you threw at him stopped Moulds???

*crickets chirping*

RUDEbyallMEANS
07-11-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Voltron

I disagree with this whole post emphaticly (is that too big a word for ya? Do I need to dumb it down?)

Moulds is not that good? A fish fan telling bills fans that our receivers arn't any good? Come on man I know you're smarter than that? The fact is that we tore your entire D up last year when it was ranked close to the top in the AFC. So I don't want to here you spout this rant about our offense sucking when we took more passes from your QB in one of the games than you took from us all year! We owned you on both days!! This includes your Running back having a 200+ yard day and the Bills still beat you, with a passing game against your beloved DBs, in a blinding snow storm!!!!!!!! :fishfry:

First of all.. You need to take a class on COMPREHENDING what you read.. I said "Moulds isn't that DAMN good".. That's referring to you saying that Miami should put not 1 but 2 of the top 3-4 CB's in the NFL on Moulds alone is ignorant.. Everyone knows Moulds is one of the top 5 WR's in the NFL.. You're just trying to attack me on words you put in my mouth..:lmao: Your inability to COMPREHEND is what your entire post above is all about..

I don't want to here you spout this rant about our offense sucking

Who the hell said Buffalo's offense sucked?? Man, you really do need some classes.. Book 'em quick.. You are putting your team on too high of horse for your team to actually reach.. Since, you want to go on about the games, Bills scored 1 TD on Miami in game 1 with Ray Lucas at QB and Miami not being able to do much on offense all day.. Miami's defense was on the field all day.. Nah, I won't go further into this but I am glad you are proud of beating a team that was without their Top WR and Starting QB.. :rofl: There's not much to comment on in your post that I quoted, it had nothign to do with what I posted above so.. That's all for now..

HURRAH:drinker:

Judge
07-11-2003, 04:32 PM
Rudebyallmeans says this:

<< This is where the Miami Dolphins play to PERFECTION.. This is where every AFC team fears playing in January come Playoff Time.. This is where AFC teams will need to go through to get to the Super Bowl in '03.. For this is where Miami plays to PERFECTION.. You come here, You better be ready to be overwhelmed, outplayed, outhustled and humiliated, For You will get SMOKED leaving you with no other choice but to leave with your heads down.. You will need an outer presence and a near miracle to Win at OUR HOUSE.. For this is where the Miami Dolphins play to PERFECTION..
So, “Who ‘Ya Gonna Call? Jabronee!”.. "Who's NEXT??"

"GAME ON. JUST BRING IT."

HHHHHUUUUURRRRRRRRRRAAAAHHHHH!!! >>

I recall Buffalo kicking Miami's ares there on a regular basis since that dump opened. When exactly did Miami play to perfection in that garbage stadium?

RUDEbyallMEANS
07-11-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by R. Rich
It's true that Reed will have to show and prove to a lot of people, but there are plenty of others, like myself and a lot of others who have responded in this thread, that feel he will handle things well. It's things like his maturity, his hands, and his route running skills that have me convinced that he will be a good second WR for the Bills. To me, Reed has as much to prove as the #2 WR as Price now has to prove as the top WR in Atlanta. Of the two, I have more confidence in Reed. None of this matters when they take the field, of course. Then, it's up to the players to show us what they can do.

58 days..

RUDEbyallMEANS
07-11-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Judge
Rudebyallmeans says this:

&lt;&lt; This is where the Miami Dolphins play to PERFECTION.. This is where every AFC team fears playing in January come Playoff Time.. This is where AFC teams will need to go through to get to the Super Bowl in '03.. For this is where Miami plays to PERFECTION.. You come here, You better be ready to be overwhelmed, outplayed, outhustled and humiliated, For You will get SMOKED leaving you with no other choice but to leave with your heads down.. You will need an outer presence and a near miracle to Win at OUR HOUSE.. For this is where the Miami Dolphins play to PERFECTION..
So, “Who ‘Ya Gonna Call? Jabronee!”.. &quot;Who's NEXT??&quot;

&quot;GAME ON. JUST BRING IT.&quot;

HHHHHUUUUURRRRRRRRRRAAAAHHHHH!!! &gt;&gt;

I recall Buffalo kicking Miami's ares there on a regular basis since that dump opened. When exactly did Miami play to perfection in that garbage stadium?

:offtopic: Very original :rolleyes:

This of course is in recent years.. Miami's always been strong at home.
2000: 6-2 at home losses to Jets and Colts
2001: 7-1 at home loss to NYJ without Fiedler and Lamar Smith
2002: 7-1 at home loss to Bills without Fiedler and Gadsden

Tatonka
07-11-2003, 04:55 PM
san diego state competition.. < lsu competition

also.. reed is not a rookie any longer..

the comparison is weak.

Tatonka
07-11-2003, 04:55 PM
i have already made the bet over at finheaven..

reed will outperform chambers..

nuff said.

MDFINFAN
07-11-2003, 05:01 PM
san diego state competition.. &lt; lsu competition

also.. reed is not a rookie any longer..

the comparison is weak.

So basically we could look at JR rookie campaign, if he gets to play, to look something like Reed's rookie year. This is a hands thing, JR does run good routes for a rookie so far.

RUDEbyallMEANS
07-11-2003, 05:19 PM
i have already made the bet over at finheaven..

reed will outperform chambers..

nuff said.

Reed is not the main threat as a WR for Bills, Chambers is.. Even still, Chambers will out perform Reed..

Schobel94
07-11-2003, 06:33 PM
Maybe more catches, but I think reed will have a crap load of yards, we'll just have to wait and see.

Doc
07-11-2003, 07:14 PM
Chambers is the Dols' #1 WR. He SHOULD have more yards than Reed, because Moulds, one of the top 5 WR's in the NFL, plays opposite Reed. As for Tolver, he'll have to play in a game first before you can make any claim other than he has potential.

RUDEbyallMEANS
07-11-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Doc
Chambers is the Dols' #1 WR. He SHOULD have more yards than Reed, because Moulds, one of the top 5 WR's in the NFL, plays opposite Reed. As for Tolver, he'll have to play in a game first before you can make any claim other than he has potential.

No one is making a claim over J.R. Tolver.. MDFINFAN is just saying that if Totanka is basing Reed's future success on his success he had in college, J.R. put up better numbers.. No claims are being made, MDFIN is just testing Tonka's analysis on Reed's potential in the NFL.. As for all that mess you said before you talked about Tolver, Many Bills fans say Price won't succeed in Atlanta because he won't have Moulds to distract and get the attention of the opponent.. Many have said Price was racking up numbers because of the respect given to Moulds by defenses.. So if anything, by what you said, Reed SHOULD have more production over Chambers because Chambers doesn't have Moulds to hide behind..

Tatonka
07-11-2003, 08:32 PM
i dont think tolver will have anything close to reeds rookie numbers. but it is understandable.. we passed a lot more last year... tolver wont have the opportunities... but this is a moot point really, imho.. JR was a first rounder who slipped some, but played top competition his whole career.. and was a stud the second that he converted to WR.. i am not familiar w/ tolvers jr and sophmore years.. and he was never a WR that i heard of.. but san diego st. is a community college compaired to lsu.. regardless.. it doesnt really matter.. tolver will be so burried behind the other 4 guys, he wont see the field.

and even though chambers is a #1, reed, as a #2 will put up better numbers this year in yardage at least.. if not TDs too.

just all imho.. i could be wrong..

but not likely

MDFINFAN
07-11-2003, 10:53 PM
i dont think tolver will have anything close to reeds rookie numbers. but it is understandable.. we passed a lot more last year... tolver wont have the opportunities... but this is a moot point really, imho.. JR was a first rounder who slipped some, but played top competition his whole career.. and was a stud the second that he converted to WR.. i am not familiar w/ tolvers jr and sophmore years.. and he was never a WR that i heard of.. but san diego st. is a community college compaired to lsu.. regardless.. it doesnt really matter.. tolver will be so burried behind the other 4 guys, he wont see the field.

and even though chambers is a #1, reed, as a #2 will put up better numbers this year in yardage at least.. if not TDs too.

just all imho.. i could be wrong..
but not likely

I agree about JR..he's not in the situation that Reeds was in last year. I was doing exactly what Rudebyallmeans said in his post. Comparing your analysis..Even though they played on different levels in college, JR numbers indicate a player who understands how to get open, and then the ability to catch when the ball gets there..In mini camp he's shown this same capacity. As for Reeds catching more TD's and getting more yards...your O would have to be doing the same thing it did last year..Throw a lot..That would be the opposite of the FA pickups you guys got, and the balance attack you guys on this board, and I agreed, said you were going to do. Run more, be more physical..isn't that why Gash is here, you let Price, Risermsa, and Centers go..and brought in blockers first types, then pass catchers. This seems to change the dynamics of your O..so Tatonka, if that's the case, why would your #2 have more yards and TD's than our #1. You're basically saying that you see your O as still a passing O, and maybe a run team sometimes..This is a lot and I've tried to make it as short as I could without losing the meaning, but I think you get my drift.

Doc
07-11-2003, 11:49 PM
The comparison factored in Reed's rookie year in the NFL, ALONG with his college career. As for having better numbers than Chambers, if Chambers plays like last year, yes I'll say that Reed will have better numbers. If Chambers plays like he has the ability to play, he could put up close to Moulds-type numbers.

colin
07-12-2003, 01:08 PM
Who set the NFL record for recieving yards in an NFL playoff game and against what team did he set it?

MDFINFAN
07-12-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by colin
Who set the NFL record for recieving yards in an NFL playoff game and against what team did he set it?

What does that have to do with Reeds getting more yards and TD's than Chambers? Stay with the program..:popcorn:

justasportsfan
07-12-2003, 10:22 PM
That's hilarious!!!!
OMG!!!!
I'm gonna faint!!!!

Homer Alert!!!!

If Moulds isn't that good then all the more your recievers are nothing but jokes. Non of them are even close.

Rare off year? Yeah right. Have you heard the saying, you are only as good as your last performance ?

Even when Flutie or Rob was at qb Moulds smoked your cb's. You fellow finfans at FH say Moulds is the best wr in the AFCE.

Not that good? Man your football knowledge sucks. Hey MD do you agree with RBAM?

Halbert
07-13-2003, 08:24 AM
Moulds is not that damn good.. He gets lucky on 2 long bombs and you think he's great??
It's a fumble. Oh, and you were doing so well up to that point.

Miami has probably the best top 3 corners in the league. Their top 3 safeties are pretty good, too. Plenty of coverage options. They'll be tough to pass against, like everything else you try to do against that defense.

Saying Moulds is not that good, though, was a brain fart. Just admit it. Then we can all move on and get back to a rational discussion.

Halbert
07-13-2003, 08:35 AM
Ricky had our number last year. Moulds had yours. He's had it for a while, in fact. It's almost like the Dolphins don't want to admit they need to consistently double him and he keeps smoking them. Stubborn, I guess. It was a fart.

Doc
07-13-2003, 10:10 AM
Ricky WON'T have our number this year. Will Madison snap out of it and will Buckley and Knight help the passing game are the real questions.

colin
07-13-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

What does that have to do with Reeds getting more yards and TD's than Chambers? Stay with the program..:popcorn:

Your co fin fans are saying Moulds is not that good, and that Miami can handle him.

Get with the program goof.

WG
07-13-2003, 08:31 PM
just wanted to remind everyone.. i know josh reed showed a lot last year.. as a rookie.. but it seems some really think he is gonna be one of those 500-700 yard type receivers.. others think he cant get deep.. he is slow.. ect.. while he looked great to me last year.. i just wanted to let some of you that where not aware know a bit about his 2001 season, and what he did at LSU.. he is capable, and everyone is gonna forget about peerless. i dont care if it was &quot;just&quot; college.. this guy performed like an absolute man among boys.. every time i go back and look at these numbers, i just cant help but think what a steal we got in the second round.

I fully agree w/ you T to a point. I agree w/ you on Reed's potential and his abilities.

Where I'll have to digress is in the other half of the passing equation, Bledsoe. Reed is very much a Troy Brown type of player. Brown was around at N.E. for as long as Drew was and longer now. Even after Glenn left and Brown was the undisputed #1 WR, Brown never had more than 1,000 yards under Drew.

Reason being is that Drew's is not great at making those quick reads underneath and to the outlets. He's good at tossing the long ball when given tons of time and at making those nice 20-yards outs. That's about the extent of Drew's strengths in the passing department.

That's why I don't think Reed is gonna do much more than very good, but not great this season. Look for him to have around 800 yards or so. Last year we also did not toss to the TEs much for the same reason. Centers had his fewest yards and catches since his second season in the league. Drew tossed well over half of his balls long to Price and Moulds.

Drew makes a lot of mistakes when he tries to read defenses too much. This is where his critics, and I'm not even talking about me, seem to notice a large glitch in the level of his play. So to expect Reed to do what Brown never did as a similar type of WR w/ a QB who isn't deft at throwing the types of passes that can take advantage of such a WR, is probably a long shot to say the least.

WG
07-13-2003, 08:34 PM
BTW, notice what Brown did the year that Brady broke onto the scene!

101 for 1,199, beating his prior best under Drew by over 250 yards and nearly 20 recpts. Last season he about matched his best under Drew.

Doc
07-13-2003, 10:06 PM
Brown was the "undisputed #1 WR" in NE in 2000? That's news to most people. You see opposite him that year he had the troubled but talented WR Terry Glenn, not journeyman David Patten, therefore he wasn't able to see over 100 passes thrown his way. Brown's YPC averages were similar in 2000 and 2001, and the receptions that he DIDN'T see because of Glenn is the reason the yards were less. Still, 83 catches for 944 yards is nothing to sneeze at and I'd be happy with output like that from Reed, knowing that Moulds will be the one getting the majority of the attention.

WG
07-13-2003, 10:15 PM
Yes, yes he was. Glenn had fallen out of favor w/ Parcells prior to that and never regained that lost ground.

Glenn had 79 grabs while Brown had 83. Brown also caught more passes that season that Glenn had in any season other than in his rookie season.

Glenn was also one of the most overrated WRs to ever play the game at the time.

In any event, are you gonna now argue that with the even further emergence of Patten the year following, 51 for 749, that Brown had an even better chance?

Why did Brown add more than 20% to his career best once Brady came in?

Got an answer for that one? B/c I already answered it. You'll see this season. If you think Reed's gonna have 1,200 yards on near 100 catches, then one of two things will have happened; either Moulds will have gotten injured, or we really didn't become the running team that TD has been promising. B/c there's no way w/ a significant dropoff in passing, that two WRs are gonna post the types of numbers that Moulds/Price did last season. Even if Price were here, if in fact we're gonna run more and cut down our reliance on the passing game, then even a Moulds/Price tandem would not have yielded the numbers that they did last year.

Ya gotta figure that if we truly run more, then there's gonna be at least 50 less balls/catches to go around this year. You don't simply take that production off of the "other" receivers and still have a diverse game. We were one of the least diverse teams last year in terms of who our passes went to. That's not gonna get worse.

Doc
07-13-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Yes, yes he was. Glenn had fallen out of favor w/ Parcells prior to that and never regained that lost ground.

Glenn had 79 grabs while Brown had 83. Brown also caught more passes that season that Glenn had in any season other than in his rookie season.

Glenn was also one of the most overrated WRs to ever play the game at the time.

In any event, are you gonna now argue that with the even further emergence of Patten the year following, 51 for 749, that Brown had an even better chance?

Why did Brown add more than 20% to his career best once Brady came in?

Got an answer for that one? B/c I already answered it.

Actually you DID already answer it, but not in the way you think/wanted to answer it. You unwittingly proved my point. Glenn took catches AWAY from Brown, unlike Patten. If you want to compare the abilities of Glenn versus Patten and say that they are comparable, go ahead and ignore my laughter whilst you do so.

As for Reed's numbers, no I do NOT expect him to put up Peerless-type numbers. I've never made that claim and with the greater emphasis on the running game, I'd also be surprised to see Moulds match his totals from last year.

WG
07-13-2003, 11:37 PM
Glenn is a burner like Price. Brown is a possession OTM type of WR exactly like Reed. Reed IMO is incredibly better, nevertheless, the passing game consists of two components;

passer and receiver.

Brown fared much, much better w/ the short passer Brady than he ever did w/ Bledsoe. In fact, even though Brown and Bledsoe got to N.E. at the same exact year, Brown was never utilized even though I recognized him as the better WR for 5 years prior to '01.

Glenn was force fed the ball b/c of his collegiate status and his first year achievements which he's tried to match for years unsuccessfully.

All Glenn could do was fly. His patterns were OK but not great. Drew loves the deep ball witness last season.

Also witness the incredible imbalance that we had to the rest of our players!!

Centers had his worst year since he started in the NFL. Reed only caught a nominal number of passes. The TEs were practically non-existent given their collective talent.

What this shows to me is that Drew much prefers to launch balls deep. And in fact, most if not all of Drew's errors were on short to medium balls thrown. Both Oakland INTs, both G.B. INTs, at least two of the N.E. INTs, etc. The K.C. INT was a little longer. The Jet INTs were medium INTs. Oh yeah, and that back breaker INT v. N.E. to the DE, that was short.

There should be absolutely no question that Drew is not the right QB for a team engaging itself in a short passing game. He makes most of his mistakes there.

Which fits right in w/ what I'm saying. If Drew tries to change himself to a short-passing QB, then we're in a world of hurt, which is the predicament we're in. We're supposedly running more and making Travis the focal point of our team. Well, if that happens effectively, it'll be b/c Henry not only runs the ball more, but also catches more balls. Likewise, Reed as the #2 will need to get a lot more balls thrown his way. Moulds will be the only F/T deep threat w/ Reed going on occasion.

Well, that doesn't exactly seem to fit Drew's strengths now, does it? No.

So it'll be interesting. I'll predict now and publicly in a piece prior to the season opening, that this will be the year that we as Bills fans, finally figure out why N.E.'s game improved once Drew left there.

I may be completely wrong, but I doubt I will be.

Doc
07-14-2003, 10:47 AM
New England's game improved in 2001 because they found a running game, a defense, and ST's, coincidentally ALL after Bledsoe went down. Last year the entire team faltered and even though Brady led the NFL in TD's, he had some godawful games. Like I said, Bledsoe's performance in the AFCCG against the Steelers was little different from the way Brady played the whole season, and Bledsoe won that game as much as Brady won the SB.

WG
07-14-2003, 12:11 PM
ROFLMAO

Yeah, "coincidentially!" LOL It's never Drew's fault. All the sacks, all the INTs at stupid times, all the errors and poor throws at critical times. It's always the fault of someone else or some other aspect of the game.

ROFLMAO

Again, until you can show me any contributions beyond the half a drive, on which Brady led the other half "OH, BTW!", it's laughable to think that the Pats would not have been better off w/ any other QB in the league on that day. He was horrid after those first 4 attempts/3 completions! HORRID!!!

If you don't believe me, then go simply find the game, list his PBP contributions and we can talk about it.

How come NO ONE that I've challenged to that has taken me up on that. Gameboy told me that his performance wasn't horrendous, yet when I posted his individual contributions PBP, complete and utter silence.

Once again, here too!!

So how about ante-ing up prior to just wanting me and everyone to believe it based on pure word-of-mouth w/o any support other than "vague recollections?"

Don't worry, I ain't holdin' my breath. Likely if you do go find a box score you'll simply ignore it and quit posting to this thread jsut like everyone else who stands up for Drew's play in that game.

3 of 4 for 36 yards on the rest of that first drive.

7 of 17 for 66 yards and NOTHING for the rest of the game, an ENTIRE 2nd half!

It's no wonder everyone thinks Drew is all that! W/ standards like that for greatness, it's all becoming clearer.

Like I said, there won't be anything for Drew to hide behind this season and the fans and media are gonna be all over him "trying to figure out why his play has dropped off" when it's always been the same, just now all of a sudden folks are not making excuses for him.

WG
07-14-2003, 12:11 PM
BTW, if we do make the POs this season, you'd better hope something changes or we'll lose them due to Drew if he plays in them the way he's always played in them.

Excuses don't win games!

Captain gameboy
07-14-2003, 03:32 PM
Wrong Wys.
There wasn't complete and utter silence at all.
There was a statement that your classification of that day as "horrendous" was an exaggeration, and another statement that what he did in New England's playoff games would not be used in predicting what he would do as a Bill.
It certainly wasn't complete and utter silence, it was complete and utter frustration at having said something seven times and having it repeatedly mis-characterized.
Let's not get into this again. It's way too boring. The dead horse has been vaporized long ago.

MDFINFAN
07-14-2003, 03:56 PM

I fully agree w/ you T to a point. I agree w/ you on Reed's potential and his abilities.

Where I'll have to digress is in the other half of the passing equation, Bledsoe. Reed is very much a Troy Brown type of player. Brown was around at N.E. for as long as Drew was and longer now. Even after Glenn left and Brown was the undisputed #1 WR, Brown never had more than 1,000 yards under Drew.

Reason being is that Drew's is not great at making those quick reads underneath and to the outlets. He's good at tossing the long ball when given tons of time and at making those nice 20-yards outs. That's about the extent of Drew's strengths in the passing department.

That's why I don't think Reed is gonna do much more than very good, but not great this season. Look for him to have around 800 yards or so. Last year we also did not toss to the TEs much for the same reason. Centers had his fewest yards and catches since his second season in the league. Drew tossed well over half of his balls long to Price and Moulds.

Drew makes a lot of mistakes when he tries to read defenses too much. This is where his critics, and I'm not even talking about me, seem to notice a large glitch in the level of his play. So to expect Reed to do what Brown never did as a similar type of WR w/ a QB who isn't deft at throwing the types of passes that can take advantage of such a WR, is probably a long shot to say the least.

Then how do you explain Price numbers? and another 500 for Reeds? I see some of your arguement, but the stats say otherwise.

RUDEbyallMEANS
07-14-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Halbert

It's a fumble. Oh, and you were doing so well up to that point.

Miami has probably the best top 3 corners in the league. Their top 3 safeties are pretty good, too. Plenty of coverage options. They'll be tough to pass against, like everything else you try to do against that defense.

Saying Moulds is not that good, though, was a brain fart. Just admit it. Then we can all move on and get back to a rational discussion.

Listen to yourselves when you type your own posts.. I already explained myself about that post where I said "Moulds isn't that DAMN good".. It was referring to one of your Bill fans saying Miami needs to put Surtain, Madison and Marion on Moulds to stop him.. That is an ignorant statement and Moulds IS NOT that good to be putting 3 Pro Bowlers on him to stop him..

MDFINFAN
07-14-2003, 04:11 PM

Listen to yourselves when you type your own posts.. I already explained myself about that post where I said &quot;Moulds isn't that DAMN good&quot;.. It was referring to one of your Bill fans saying Miami needs to put Surtain, Madison and Marion on Moulds to stop him.. That is an ignorant statement and Moulds IS NOT that good to be putting 3 Pro Bowlers on him to stop him..

Sometimes people want to argue no matter what...Rude, I've read you explaination before, and they know what you're saying they just want to argue the point, even if there isn't one.

RUDEbyallMEANS
07-14-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by colin

Your co fin fans are saying Moulds is not that good, and that Miami can handle him.

Get with the program goof.

Another Misinterpretating Bills Fan.. Do they have reading schools in Buffalo?? Do they have reading tests to graduate high school in Buffalo?? I'm all for arguing and discussing the Buffalo/Miami stuff but when ignorance steps in and words start being put in other people's mouths because of the lack of interpreting and comprehending ability, then this will be no fun.. Is there any way BuffaloZone.com could have a Reading class involved with this forum?? There should be a Comprehention test given to all peoplele that want to join this forum, Many of these Bills Fans would fail.. 60% would fail is my prediction..

RUDEbyallMEANS
07-14-2003, 04:16 PM
MDFINFAN.. I agree.. or maybe it goes further than that?? :confused:

Doc
07-14-2003, 06:28 PM
ROFLMAO

Yeah, &quot;coincidentially!&quot; LOL It's never Drew's fault. All the sacks, all the INTs at stupid times, all the errors and poor throws at critical times. It's always the fault of someone else or some other aspect of the game.

ROFLMAO

With logic like that, I'd love to hear your "excuses" as to why Kelly could never lead the Bills to a SB win? I'd also like to hear your reasons why RJ was worh keeping around as well. Keep in mind, I loved Kelly and liked RJ, but unlike you realized it's a TEAM game played by human beings, not robots.

Again, until you can show me any contributions beyond the half a drive, on which Brady led the other half &quot;OH, BTW!&quot;, it's laughable to think that the Pats would not have been better off w/ any other QB in the league on that day. He was horrid after those first 4 attempts/3 completions! HORRID!!!

Brady did NOTHING in that game Wys, with almost a full half. Once you get that through your head, you won't be so flippant about what Bledsoe DID, and not talk about what "ANY other QB in the league" hypothetically could have done. Tell me how many QB's didn't commit any turnovers against the Steelers that season, much less IN Pgh, much much less coming off the bench cold and rusty. I won't hold my breath.

If you don't believe me, then go simply find the game, list his PBP contributions and we can talk about it.

Ah yes, the PBP. How convenient of you to abandon your argument of Bledsoe's poor TD:INT ratio and number of turnovers committed to completion percentage. The bottom line is ALL I need to do is show you 1 TD, 0 INT's, a FG drive, and a big fat "W" by 7 points, not some useless PBP.

Also you seem to be impressed by Brady's performance in the SB. Take a closer look and you'll find it was virtually the same performance as Bledsoe's in the AFCCG, except that Bledsoe didn't need to lead a dramatic FG-winning drive in the waning moments of the game.

Bert102176
07-15-2003, 09:35 PM
ya can bash me for this but I don't care ? I have a feeling Reed wil fall on his face cause he'll be covered by the other teams #2 cb this year and not covered by a safety or a 3rd CB.

Doc
07-15-2003, 10:30 PM
It won't matter.

Tatonka
08-26-2004, 12:03 AM
this was a damn good thread.

:D

That Guy
08-26-2004, 12:30 AM
The hidden motives of Tatonka (?):

a) Getting more views on his thread now that you can receive Zonebucks for it.

b) Hoping that someone will recognize his greatness and starts giving him reps like no tomorrow.

c) Capitalizing on the fact that this great thread may have just been lightning in a bottle... cashing in on his 15 minutes at BZ.

d) Giving himself intellectual blowjobs that don't result either reputation nor sum... just stroking his... ego.

Which shall I choose? :scratch:

Tatonka
08-26-2004, 12:34 AM
The hidden motives of Tatonka (?):

a) Getting more views on his thread now that you can receive Zonebucks for it.

b) Hoping that someone will recognize his greatness and starts giving him reps like no tomorrow.

c) Capitalizing on the fact that this great thread may have just been lightning in a bottle... cashing in on his 15 minutes at BZ.

d) Giving himself intellectual blowjobs that don't result either reputation nor sum... just stroking his... ego.

Which shall I choose? :scratch:

um.. actually.. i was reading another thread that was about josh reed.. and i looked at the bottom and this thread was listed in the "other threads similar to this one" list.

i started reading it again.. and realized that i was way off last year.. but it was still a great thread... from last offseason.

but tell me more about the intellectual blowjob thing.. i am getting excited.

:snicker:

That Guy
08-26-2004, 12:37 AM
Sorry... I think I was wearing these 'rose-colored Drew shades' inside out... somebody should warn me before they sell these too me... they're dangerous and can make you say stupid things.

Tatonka
08-26-2004, 12:38 AM
Sorry... I think I was wearing these 'rose-colored Drew shades' inside out... somebody should warn me before they sell these too me... they're dangerous and can make you say stupid things.

:phew:

Mr. Cynical
08-26-2004, 04:22 AM
I never knew him, but reading this makes me wish wys was back. Granted his posts seem long, but he appears to have a real passion for the Bills as well as a really good grasp of the game. That's a sad thing to lose on a board. :(

The Spaz
08-26-2004, 05:59 AM
I never knew him, but reading this makes me wish wys was back. Granted his posts seem long, but he appears to have a real passion for the Bills as well as a really good grasp of the game. That's a sad thing to lose on a board. :(

Take away his negative posts he wouldn't have any.

Earthquake Enyart
08-26-2004, 07:27 AM
We didn't lose wys. ;)

What ever happened to Judge? :eek:

justasportsfan
08-26-2004, 07:51 AM
Reed has had an awsome camp. He will be what Price was to us. I don't think Evans is ready. Josh will surprise this season. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up having more yds. than Moulds.

R. Rich
08-26-2004, 07:55 AM
Hey Tatonka, sup fool! Don't give up on Josh Reed just yet.

Tatonka
08-26-2004, 09:06 AM
i never gave up on him.. i think he was so unfairly judged based on last year..

did he drop a few passes that he really should have caught? sure.. has moulds done the same? sure..

can you expect him to produce like he did as a rookie with price and moulds, when the number one is hurt, and there is no number 2? no..

we didnt know it was going to be that bad.. but so many just gave up on him completely.. i even saw some stating he wasnt good enough or fast enough to be an nfl wr.. and we should cut him..

lunacy.

TedMock
08-26-2004, 09:51 AM
In all fairness, Reed's (and Moulds and Shaw) drops came early in the year. That problem actually went away for the most part as the year went on. I think Reed will be just fine. I was pumped when we drafted him, and I think he's going to be good. Most of the college football I see is ACC and SEC, so I got to see Reed in college quite a bit. Extremely impressive. Not that it always translates into great NFL play, but the ability is there. He was asked to do things (like everybody else) that were more his weaknesses than his strengths. He's actually more like Andre Reed in style, so he's not going to be a great deep threat. He's capable now and then, but not consistantly. Guys like that have long careers running slants. I don't think he's a hall of famer, but there are future HOF'ers that will get there via the short route. Reed, Rice, Irvin, etc. Keep the faith people. It'll all work out.

madness
08-26-2004, 02:14 PM
Reed has had an awsome camp. He will be what Price was to us. I don't think Evans is ready. Josh will surprise this season. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up having more yds. than Moulds.

:shocked: More yards than Moulds? Boy that's going out on a limb. I'm not knocking because I really want to see Reed get back to that level. Actually I'd love for that to happen as long as Moulds still gets his numbers. I'll go out on limb and say IF that does happen, we're definately making the playoffs.

R. Rich
08-26-2004, 03:07 PM
i never gave up on him.. i think he was so unfairly judged based on last year..

did he drop a few passes that he really should have caught? sure.. has moulds done the same? sure..

can you expect him to produce like he did as a rookie with price and moulds, when the number one is hurt, and there is no number 2? no..

we didnt know it was going to be that bad.. but so many just gave up on him completely.. i even saw some stating he wasnt good enough or fast enough to be an nfl wr.. and we should cut him..

lunacy.

That's not lunacy; it's true. He does suck. He never should have been drafted to an NFL team. He should be cut immediately. No team should ever sign him. Fire him! Kill him! Die Josh die!!!!!!

R. Rich
08-26-2004, 03:09 PM
In all fairness, Reed's (and Moulds and Shaw) drops came early in the year. That problem actually went away for the most part as the year went on. I think Reed will be just fine. I was pumped when we drafted him, and I think he's going to be good. Most of the college football I see is ACC and SEC, so I got to see Reed in college quite a bit. Extremely impressive. Not that it always translates into great NFL play, but the ability is there. He was asked to do things (like everybody else) that were more his weaknesses than his strengths. He's actually more like Andre Reed in style, so he's not going to be a great deep threat. He's capable now and then, but not consistantly. Guys like that have long careers running slants. I don't think he's a hall of famer, but there are future HOF'ers that will get there via the short route. Reed, Rice, Irvin, etc. Keep the faith people. It'll all work out.

No. He sucks. He should be run out of town. He had his chance and he blew it.

finsrclowns
08-26-2004, 03:13 PM

What really matters is what Reed thinks of himself AND what Bledsoe thinks. Last year Reed went through a long stretch where he either dropped every other pass or he became invisible, and some of that was self doubt. Bledsoe would deny it but if you look at the games many times he was looking for Shaw more than Reed in the 4th quarter because he'd lost some confidence in Josh.

He's not big enough or fast enough to ever be a Moulds. I would much rather see him in the slot working against nickel corners and letting him RAC, which is what he did as a rookie. Good camp or no, he's going to have to show me he can get open against starting corners consistently.

Look at how teams defensed the Bills. They'd press the receivers and blitz constantly. With Moulds out, JR needed to step up and make plays. I'm not bashing the kid but I honestly can't think of more than a couple times all year JR made the opponent pay for blitzing and never once over the top for a score. Obviously that's not all on him- the QB and OL are both accountable also- but IMO the Bills need to get faster on offense and a good start would be Evans at #2.

The_Philster
08-26-2004, 04:07 PM
We didn't lose wys. ;)

What ever happened to Judge? :eek:
I've wondered the same thing. You think he was an alter ego of Wys that he used to make us all think that someone hated Wys that much?

Earthquake Enyart
08-27-2004, 07:17 AM
No. Judge was definitely not wys.

Tatonka
08-27-2004, 09:00 AM
yeah.. i remember judge.. he was cool.

justasportsfan
08-27-2004, 09:13 AM
:shocked: More yards than Moulds? Boy that's going out on a limb. I'm not knocking because I really want to see Reed get back to that level. Actually I'd love for that to happen as long as Moulds still gets his numbers. I'll go out on limb and say IF that does happen, we're definately making the playoffs.I said I wouldn't be surprised and not saying it's gonna happen :mad:

Tatonka
01-03-2005, 02:09 AM
i think i will go ahead and say i was wrong about this kid.. he really does suck.. he is nonexistant all year.. he made very few grabs that had any significance.. he was beat out by a rookie..

same really.. i loved this kid in college and he showed a ton of potential in his rookie year.. but damn he has been a huge disappointment.

so i will eat my crow.. i supported him up till now.. you can say read was my "bledsoe" for the lovers.... but i am over him... cut him and move on.

Mr. Cynical
01-03-2005, 02:13 AM
Yeah I'll line up behind you tonk. I don't know why but I just thought this kid had "it" and was going to pull it out. Sure, he might be better with another QB but that's too easy of an excuse and I won't use it. He's more likely bust than bling at this point. :(

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 06:18 AM
I'd be surprised to see him return in 2005 to be honest.
Moulds-Evans-Aiken will be supported by a few middle round draft picks, IMO...maybe a cheap free agent

ryjam282
01-03-2005, 07:48 AM
I'd be surprised to see him return in 2005 to be honest.
Moulds-Evans-Aiken will be supported by a few middle round draft picks, IMO...maybe a cheap free agent

I think he will be back but he will move to the #4 guy. Aiken has moved ahead of him. But, it isn't like we are busting with great talent at the WR position after the top 2.

The_Philster
01-03-2005, 07:50 AM
I think he will be back but he will move to the #4 guy. Aiken has moved ahead of him. But, it isn't like we are busting with great talent at the WR position after the top 2.

I don't think we are, either...but Reed could very well be beaten out for spots in training camp.

Tatonka
01-03-2005, 08:21 AM
crappy part is.. i could see him moving on to be a brandon stokley with someone else.. his confidence is just shot and he will never be the same here i dont think.

Jayhawk
01-03-2005, 11:00 AM
yeah but I hope if he is let go that he doesn't go out and set the world afire. WE need another receiver. But not ahead of an oline

finsrclowns
01-03-2005, 11:19 AM
crappy part is.. i could see him moving on to be a brandon stokley with someone else.. his confidence is just shot and he will never be the same here i dont think.

:roflmao: You eat crow and come back with this? IMO Stokely is better than Moulds, 3rd receiver or not, never mind the joke that is Josh Reed. Have you seen Stokely play this year? Reed is much slower than Stokely. Reed's drops could be in his head I don't know, but is an attitude adjustment going to get him wide open all the time like Stokely seems to be? Forget about the drops, when is the last time you can recall Josh Reed open more than 3 yards down the field?