PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Dumervil released by accident

The King
03-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Remember that Elvis Dumervil (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3941/elvis-dumervil) salary reduction news (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/15/elvis-dumervil-agrees-to-salary-reduction/) from earlier on Friday?It might be time to forget all about that. Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports that the Broncos have released Dumervil after they did not get his paperwork (https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/312656822286839810) regarding the reduction in salary from $12 million to $8 million until after the 2 p.m. MT deadline that made his original salary guaranteed.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/15/fax-snafu-leads-to-elvis-dumervils-release/

Mr. Pink
03-15-2013, 03:16 PM
:rofl:

He'll likely be signed for 8 per year but still.

SABURZFAN
03-15-2013, 03:17 PM
sounds like a Buddy Nix move.

Mski
03-15-2013, 03:22 PM
quick offer him 8.5/yr

DraftBoy
03-15-2013, 03:36 PM
Broncos take an immediate 3.5 Dead Cap hit because of his release. Almost no way they can still offer him a deal at the same level.

Somebody wake Buddy Nix up!

The King
03-15-2013, 03:38 PM
Maybe everyone has spent there money and we can outbid a few teams here.

SquishDaFish
03-15-2013, 03:51 PM
:roflmao: Thats hilarious

psubills62
03-15-2013, 03:57 PM
Wow. I have a feeling someone will be changing agents shortly.

better days
03-15-2013, 04:02 PM

Why? His agent didn't screw up, the GM of the Donkeys did.

psubills62
03-15-2013, 04:09 PM
Why? His agent didn't screw up, the GM of the Donkeys did.
I wouldn't be so sure about that.

@MikeKlis: Broncos didn't get fax w/Dumervil signature on contract until 2:07 p.m.,7min past deadline!

@adbrandt: Last comment on Dumervil-Broncos (for now): There will be lawyers.....and new agents

Slim
03-15-2013, 04:26 PM
We went after Babin last season, wouldn't be shocked if the Bills have interest.

Oaf
03-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Cue 15 minutes of not being the laughingstock of the league. :pointlaugh:

DraftBoy
03-15-2013, 04:47 PM
Broncos fans are livid right now.

Dumervil's agent is not a big time agent, his next biggest client is Ravens backup RB Bernard Pierce.

Bert102176
03-15-2013, 04:47 PM
His agent fell asleep and didn't get the paperwork in on time so they cut him the agent needs to be fired and the Bills need to sign him imediatly and cut Anderson's worthless ass.

coastal
03-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Wow

swiper
03-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Patriots will sign him to get them back for Welker.

Skooby
03-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Holy incompetence Batman.

The last buffalo fan
03-15-2013, 05:52 PM
Show me da maney, beotch!

Skooby
03-15-2013, 06:08 PM
Though the parties had agreed on a deal, the odds of Dumervil returning to Denver are diminished because of the significant salary cap hit the Broncos took by cutting him.

They don't think he's coming back either, could we use another DE?

better days
03-15-2013, 06:10 PM
I wouldn't be so sure about that.

@MikeKlis: Broncos didn't get fax w/Dumervil signature on contract until 2:07 p.m.,7min past deadline!

@adbrandt: Last comment on Dumervil-Broncos (for now): There will be lawyers.....and new agents

This is the Broncos spin of the story. They wanted Dumervile to take a pay cut. His agent said they told him they would guarantee his entire 2nd years pay, but when the agent got the paperwork, the Broncos did not have that guarantee in the contract to be signed.

In any case Dumervil will now probably make more money than the Broncos would have paid him.

Night Train
03-15-2013, 06:38 PM
I can see many phones ringing like crazy with this unforseen blunder. Nice going,Elway.

I seriously doubt the Bills will be considered a player. He can pick his contending team and get paid.

elltrain22
03-15-2013, 06:48 PM
We're busy at Pro Days, so no need to make our team any better anyways.... Unfortunately, he'll probably be a Patriot.

The Jokeman
03-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Broncos take an immediate 3.5 Dead Cap hit because of his release. Almost no way they can still offer him a deal at the same level.

Somebody wake Buddy Nix up!

Nix is awake, he's just visiting Pro Days for the draft instad of focusing on free agency.

psubills62
03-15-2013, 08:06 PM
This is the Broncos spin of the story. They wanted Dumervile to take a pay cut. His agent said they told him they would guarantee his entire 2nd years pay, but when the agent got the paperwork, the Broncos did not have that guarantee in the contract to be signed.

In any case Dumervil will now probably make more money than the Broncos would have paid him.
Both sides are going to blame the other. I could just say you're spouting the agent's side of it. None of us know for sure what happened, except something bad happened. Whether it's the agent's fault or not, I'd be surprised if Dumervil didn't switch to a new agent.

better days
03-15-2013, 11:12 PM
Both sides are going to blame the other. I could just say you're spouting the agent's side of it. None of us know for sure what happened, except something bad happened. Whether it's the agent's fault or not, I'd be surprised if Dumervil didn't switch to a new agent.

Yes, I reported the agents side of the story. I have also heard a number of teams have already contacted that agent about Dumervil, so I doubt Dumervil will be all that upset about what happened, he stands to make more money than the Broncos were willing to pay him.

Something bad happened to the Broncos, NOT to Dumervil. The Broncos were STUPID to try to change their offer at the last minute & it cost them.

psubills62
03-16-2013, 12:20 PM
Yes, I reported the agents side of the story. I have also heard a number of teams have already contacted that agent about Dumervil, so I doubt Dumervil will be all that upset about what happened, he stands to make more money than the Broncos were willing to pay him.

Something bad happened to the Broncos, NOT to Dumervil. The Broncos were STUPID to try to change their offer at the last minute & it cost them.
Except he would have "made more money" by refusing to take the Broncos offer too. Yet he wanted to take it in the end. Money isn't the end-all be-all. He obviously wanted to stay in Denver, so your picture of it being all great and awesome for Dumervil to go elsewhere is hardly consistent with reality.

Somebody screwed up + the agent was involved = new agent.

SabreEleven
03-16-2013, 02:07 PM
Their fax machine must have broke.

psubills62
03-16-2013, 03:55 PM
@AdamSchefter: Shocking. RT @RavensInsider: Elvis Dumervil and his agent are parting ways, according to sources close to the situation.

Skooby
03-16-2013, 04:07 PM
@AdamSchefter: Shocking. RT @RavensInsider: Elvis Dumervil and his agent are parting ways, according to sources close to the situation.

I know who Elvis blames, Priscilla.

BADTHINGSMAN
03-16-2013, 04:25 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151273/article/elvis-dumervil-five-potential-nfl-landing-spots

Bills are listed but still won't happen.

X-Era
03-16-2013, 04:41 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151273/article/elvis-dumervil-five-potential-nfl-landing-spots

Bills are listed but still won't happen.Yeah Incarcerated has us as making a call on him. He's going to ask for 8-9 mill per. I can't see the Bills paying that.

ServoBillieves
03-16-2013, 06:39 PM
Yeah Incarcerated has us as making a call on him. He's going to ask for 8-9 mill per. I can't see the Bills paying that.

8 mil for Dumervil but not for Levitre...

Hmm...

X-Era
03-16-2013, 06:49 PM

Hmm...
Yeah, like I said I can't see the Bills paying that.

But I'd spend more on a top flight DE then I would on a LG. That's just me.

Night Train
03-16-2013, 06:52 PM

Hmm...

The common thinking among GM's is you win in the NFL if you have good QB play and a pass rush.

Guards do not supersede that in any form.

Skooby
03-16-2013, 07:21 PM
Yeah, like I said I can't see the Bills paying that.

But I'd spend more on a top flight DE then I would on a LG. That's just me.

The Jeopardy answer is who is easier to replace,

better days
03-16-2013, 10:06 PM

You nailed it, Nice job.

fluteflakes
03-16-2013, 10:26 PM
Dumervil is a massive liability against the run. He's another Pas Rusher who can't do anything but that. And it's nice to have someone like that in your rotation when you've got run stoppers, but we don't.

And he won't make anywhere near 8-9 mil on the open market. He's not worth it. He's basically a slightly more proven Paul Kruger, good pass rusher who can't play the run and has his stats inflated by garbage sacks. His agent just lost him a good chunk of change.

Would much prefer we'd go after James Harrison as a rotational guy. He's a great run stuffer and playing in a part time role would help his knee issues from last year tremendously. That and he actually gets sacks when they matter.

GingerP
03-17-2013, 06:10 AM
Dumervil is a massive liability against the run. He's another Pas Rusher who can't do anything but that. And it's nice to have someone like that in your rotation when you've got run stoppers, but we don't.

And he won't make anywhere near 8-9 mil on the open market. He's not worth it. He's basically a slightly more proven Paul Kruger, good pass rusher who can't play the run and has his stats inflated by garbage sacks. His agent just lost him a good chunk of change.

Would much prefer we'd go after James Harrison as a rotational guy. He's a great run stuffer and playing in a part time role would help his knee issues from last year tremendously. That and he actually gets sacks when they matter.

You make him sound like a schmuck. Yeah, he is shorter than you like and isn't DeMarcus Ware, but he still has made a lot of plays.

In 6 seasons (he missed 2010 to injury) he has averaged 10+ sacks and 3 FF a season. Some of those must have mattered.