PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Gibson to the Dolphins

The King
03-15-2013, 03:18 PM
So are there only 4 teams active in Free Agency?

X-Era
03-15-2013, 03:23 PM
So are there only 4 teams active in Free Agency?
Sure seems like it.

Fins
Eagles
Broncos
KC

And several of those teams have not been good for a while... Is there a correlation?

Spending big money doesn't mean you get better quick necessarily.

better days
03-15-2013, 03:36 PM
Sure seems like it.

Fins
Eagles
Broncos
KC

And several of those teams have not been good for a while... Is there a correlation?

Spending big money doesn't mean you get better quick necessarily.

Yes, there is a correlation. Those teams are looking to make headlines. The Fins are facing a VOTE on their Stadium & want to appear to be improving. They have signed a number of players to one year contracts & the players they signed to longer deals, are going to have a huge hit on their cap next year. This is similar to what the Jets did a few years ago. SHORT term fix.

The King
03-15-2013, 04:01 PM
Tim Graham ‏<s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); ">@</s>ByTimGraham (https://twitter.com/ByTimGraham)
WR Brandon Gibson, a player Stevie Johnson wanted the Bills to get, signs with Dolphins for three years. I'm told Bills never called.

Mike
03-15-2013, 04:04 PM
Yes, there is a correlation. Those teams are looking to make headlines. The Fins are facing a VOTE on their Stadium & want to appear to be improving. They have signed a number of players to one year contracts & the players they signed to longer deals, are going to have a huge hit on their cap next year. This is similar to what the Jets did a few years ago. SHORT term fix.

You got it all wrong! Dolphins feel that they have their QB so they are taking a very logical next step: they signed 3 WR (Heartline, Gibson, & Wallace) and a TE (Keller). They are surrounding him with playmakers.

If the Bills signed anyone of those above players half of Billszone would be doing cartwheels.

Most of you wanted Gibdon and Keller now why are you criticizing the same moves when done by the Dolphines?

Barb
03-15-2013, 04:08 PM

in no way is the dolphins situation close to the jets some years ago, check their cap for the next years, they are in good shape

psubills62
03-15-2013, 04:10 PM
Keller would have been nice. Didn't want Gibson. I've maintained that FA WR's are too expensive. We've already sunk money into Stevie Johnson, best way to get a 2nd WR is through draft.

mrbojanglezs
03-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Per Tim Graham

WR Brandon Gibson, a player Stevie Johnson wanted the Bills to get, signs with Dolphins for three years. I'm told Bills never called.

Source also tells me Brandon Gibson really wanted to play with Stevie Johnson. So there's that.

SABURZFAN
03-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Tim Graham ‏<s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); ">@</s>ByTimGraham (https://twitter.com/ByTimGraham)

the Bills have BIGGER issues.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/217668-Why-we-haven-t-done-anything-in-Free-Agency-(From-Chris-Brown)

Bert102176
03-15-2013, 05:08 PM
I really want massaquoi

BADTHINGSMAN
03-16-2013, 01:46 AM

Must be the Bills plan to run 1 WR sets. Dolphins sure are getting Tannehill some weapons. At least whoever the Bills draft at QB is set up to fail quickly.

justasportsfan
03-16-2013, 08:35 AM
the fins GM is in his contract year. He's panic buying in the hopes of getting an extension.

better days
03-16-2013, 08:52 AM
You got it all wrong! Dolphins feel that they have their QB so they are taking a very logical next step: they signed 3 WR (Heartline, Gibson, & Wallace) and a TE (Keller). They are surrounding him with playmakers.

If the Bills signed anyone of those above players half of Billszone would be doing cartwheels.

Most of you wanted Gibdon and Keller now why are you criticizing the same moves when done by the Dolphines?

No, I have it right. The Fins are trying to get a Stadium improvement proposal passed & they need taxpayer/Fin fans VOTES to get it passed.
They signed a number of players to ONE year contracts, & the players they signed to longer deals will have a huge cap hit next year. I heard on Sirius radio, 43% of the cap next year will be on the players just signed & they will have to cut other players next year because of that.

This is a SHORT TERM FIX. Make no mistake about that. Similar to what the Jets did a few years ago. And look at the Jets NOW.

better days
03-16-2013, 09:00 AM
in no way is the dolphins situation close to the jets some years ago, check their cap for the next years, they are in good shape

RECHECK their cap. See my other posts about this situation. 43% of the cap next year already spent on players just signed. I live in Fla & have been hearing about the Stadium improvment proposal for quite a while now. The Fins want to get that proposal passed & improving the team SHORT TERM in hopes of getting votes in their favor.

TedMock
03-16-2013, 09:01 AM
I get wanting Keller. Wallace to a much lesser extent considering the foolish cost. BUT when on earth did Gibson and Hartline become such great options? Average non-primary guys in a year when the WR class is very deep? I just dont see why we would opt for these two when we could realistically get similar talent in the 3rd round. I see why Miami is doing it. They have more than on-the-field reasons, so it makes a little more sense there.

Goobylal
03-16-2013, 12:22 PM
The question is whether Tannehill can make use of those guys. Wallace is a one-trick pony who drops a lot of passes and wears out as the season progresses, and wore out his welcome with a far better QB and organization, not to mention getting $30M guaranteed will kill his drive. Gibson has never really done much and I never got the reason why people wanted him so much (might as well have just kept Jones). Keller has injury problems and is there for just 1 year. Ellerbe is nothing and injury prone as well. Who is their LT? Who is their RB? Who is in their secondary?