• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Brandon Gibson to the Dolphins

So are there only 4 teams active in Free Agency?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Brandon Gibson to the Dolphins

Originally posted by The King View Post
    So are there only 4 teams active in Free Agency?
    Sure seems like it.

Fins
    Eagles
    Broncos
    KC

And several of those teams have not been good for a while... Is there a correlation?

Spending big money doesn't mean you get better quick necessarily.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
      Sure seems like it.

Fins
      Eagles
      Broncos
      KC

And several of those teams have not been good for a while... Is there a correlation?

Spending big money doesn't mean you get better quick necessarily.
      Yes, there is a correlation. Those teams are looking to make headlines. The Fins are facing a VOTE on their Stadium & want to appear to be improving. They have signed a number of players to one year contracts & the players they signed to longer deals, are going to have a huge hit on their cap next year. This is similar to what the Jets did a few years ago. SHORT term fix.

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham
        WR Brandon Gibson, a player Stevie Johnson wanted the Bills to get, signs with Dolphins for three years. I'm told Bills never called.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mike
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by better days View Post
          Yes, there is a correlation. Those teams are looking to make headlines. The Fins are facing a VOTE on their Stadium & want to appear to be improving. They have signed a number of players to one year contracts & the players they signed to longer deals, are going to have a huge hit on their cap next year. This is similar to what the Jets did a few years ago. SHORT term fix.
          You got it all wrong! Dolphins feel that they have their QB so they are taking a very logical next step: they signed 3 WR (Heartline, Gibson, & Wallace) and a TE (Keller). They are surrounding him with playmakers.

If the Bills signed anyone of those above players half of Billszone would be doing cartwheels.

Most of you wanted Gibdon and Keller now why are you criticizing the same moves when done by the Dolphines?
          Please Make Sense

Comment

• Barb
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by better days View Post
            in no way is the dolphins situation close to the jets some years ago, check their cap for the next years, they are in good shape

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

Keller would have been nice. Didn't want Gibson. I've maintained that FA WR's are too expensive. We've already sunk money into Stevie Johnson, best way to get a 2nd WR is through draft.
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                • Jan 2010

Per Tim Graham

WR Brandon Gibson, a player Stevie Johnson wanted the Bills to get, signs with Dolphins for three years. I'm told Bills never called.

Source also tells me Brandon Gibson really wanted to play with Stevie Johnson. So there's that.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham

the Bills have BIGGER issues.

Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Bert102176
                    • Aug 2002

I really want massaquoi
                    lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                      • Oct 2002

Tim Graham@ByTimGraham
                      Must be the Bills plan to run 1 WR sets. Dolphins sure are getting Tannehill some weapons. At least whoever the Bills draft at QB is set up to fail quickly.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

the fins GM is in his contract year. He's panic buying in the hopes of getting an extension.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          You got it all wrong! Dolphins feel that they have their QB so they are taking a very logical next step: they signed 3 WR (Heartline, Gibson, & Wallace) and a TE (Keller). They are surrounding him with playmakers.

If the Bills signed anyone of those above players half of Billszone would be doing cartwheels.

Most of you wanted Gibdon and Keller now why are you criticizing the same moves when done by the Dolphines?
                          No, I have it right. The Fins are trying to get a Stadium improvement proposal passed & they need taxpayer/Fin fans VOTES to get it passed.
                          They signed a number of players to ONE year contracts, & the players they signed to longer deals will have a huge cap hit next year. I heard on Sirius radio, 43% of the cap next year will be on the players just signed & they will have to cut other players next year because of that.

This is a SHORT TERM FIX. Make no mistake about that. Similar to what the Jets did a few years ago. And look at the Jets NOW.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Barb View Post
                            in no way is the dolphins situation close to the jets some years ago, check their cap for the next years, they are in good shape
                            RECHECK their cap. See my other posts about this situation. 43% of the cap next year already spent on players just signed. I live in Fla & have been hearing about the Stadium improvment proposal for quite a while now. The Fins want to get that proposal passed & improving the team SHORT TERM in hopes of getting votes in their favor.

Comment

• TedMock
                              • Jul 2002

I get wanting Keller. Wallace to a much lesser extent considering the foolish cost. BUT when on earth did Gibson and Hartline become such great options? Average non-primary guys in a year when the WR class is very deep? I just dont see why we would opt for these two when we could realistically get similar talent in the 3rd round. I see why Miami is doing it. They have more than on-the-field reasons, so it makes a little more sense there.
                              Last edited by TedMock; 03-16-2013, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X