• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetDannyWilliams
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
    • Feb 2013

Regier not being in 'blow-it-up mind-set' regarding trades

With the Sabres near the bottom of the NHL and the trade deadline approaching April 3, Regier said the team needs to find a way to acquire more good players. But ...
    "I'm not in a blow-it-up mind-set," Regier said.
  • black N yellow
    • Dec 2012

Re: Regier not being in 'blow-it-up mind-set' regarding trades

of course he isn't, he has long over-valued the vast garbage that he calls a roster.

Comment

• tampabay25690
      • Feb 2004

I have been saying this for a while.
      Unless you guys want to give up the future I dont see a whole bunch of moves being made.

You won't see Miller, Pomi, or Vanek going anywhere and I know teams are calling about them.

We will see though
      GO Gators!!!!!!
      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

There is no future with this current roster. Sure, there have been some changes, but guys like Vanek, Miller, Poms, Stafford, Hecht, Gerbe, Ennis have been the core for the last four years or so with no results.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SabreEleven
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by tampabay25690 View Post
          I have been saying this for a while.
          Unless you guys want to give up the future I dont see a whole bunch of moves being made.

You won't see Miller, Pomi, or Vanek going anywhere and I know teams are calling about them.

We will see though
          What future are we exactly giving up? We are boarding on Insanity here...let's keep the same players but hope for different results that we have been getting for the last 5 years except this year its even worse.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Our future starts by gutting this pig & getting a very high draft pick.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Well I'm sure Darcy sent a message by unloading TJ Brennan. Man, that guy has been holding the team back.

Seriously, I don't think anyone should be untouchable at this point. This entire roster needs to be blown up. We'd have to be careful trading Miller, though, because we have no real goalies behind him. I don't think Enroth is ready to start full-time and I don't even know who's in Rochester. Any trade for Miller would have to include a backup goalie or at least a prospect, and it would mean the team is truly in rebuild mode.

That being said, this whole thing is ridiculous because Darcy is married to the core of this team. We could go winless for a full 82 game season and he'd still find some way to justify keeping them.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• tampabay25690
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by SabreEleven View Post
                What future are we exactly giving up? We are boarding on Insanity here...let's keep the same players but hope for different results that we have been getting for the last 5 years except this year its even worse.
                U don't want to see guys like foligno and Ennius get moved
                GO Gators!!!!!!
                GO GATORS!!

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
                  • Feb 2013

Sabres future is bright

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
                    • Feb 2013

With only six selections in this years draft, with their fourth round selection going to the Nashville Predators http://sabrenoise.com/2013/03/01/get...ext%2FPrevious

Comment

• SabreEleven
                      • Aug 2002

Same song and dance...their future ALWAYS looks bright while thier present looks like ****. Always.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by tampabay25690 View Post
                        U don't want to see guys like foligno and Ennius get moved
                        Why Not? We didnt want Myers moved either and he has gone backwards every single year. these two have already showed backwards movement. they aren't playing the way they played last year.

Comment

• rbochan
                          Zamboni Driver
                          • Jun 2008

Fire the ****ing balls off of Regier for the love of ****, how ****ing long are we going to ****ing continue with this ****ing mutant Quaker ****ing reactionary GM?
                          ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
                          it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven View Post
                            Same song and dance...their future ALWAYS looks bright while thier present looks like ****. Always.
                            They've become just like the Bills: always building for a future that never actually arrives. It's like they're so busy saving up for and planning next year's vacation that they don't realize there's no food in the cabinet and the bank is outside repossessing the car.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                            X