PDA

View Full Version : I have info on the Bills first Pick

mixxum
03-16-2013, 12:22 AM
Laugh at me, call me names, don't get your pleasure from my pain. I know who the Bills are going to select. Yep I do. Can't go into detail. I am hoping to get some street cred. If he is available the pick will be Tyler Wilson. Also, He is number one on their board. And I can say that the board is being run by Coach Marrone.

BertSquirtgum
03-16-2013, 12:34 AM
No

jimbohastle51
03-16-2013, 12:38 AM
I dont't doubt that nix would pick him but he won't be the pick at 8. If they move back a couple picks then I can see him being the pick but not at 8. The bills are going to try to move back a few picks and get an extra second or third rounder IMO. For instance, drop back to around pick 12-18 and take Wilson or Nassib and gain an extra top 100 pick. If one of the top 3 tackles are on the board trading back would be very easy to do.

W1DER1GHT
03-16-2013, 06:55 AM
Tyler Wilson should not be picked ahead a lot of these QBs. He is a JP Losman clone and I want nothing to do with him. he release point is bad and he throws off his back foot a ton. It looks like it takes every ounce of strength for him to get the ball beyond 15 yards. Is that what we need...again. If we draft him it's gonna be like we have a less intelligent Ryan Fitzpatrick, which is about all he had going for him. Tyler Wilson has journeyman backup written all over him in my opinion.

THATHURMANATOR
03-16-2013, 07:28 AM
Tyler Wilson should not be picked ahead a lot of these QBs. He is a JP Losman clone and I want nothing to do with him. he release point is bad and he throws off his back foot a ton. It looks like it takes every ounce of strength for him to get the ball beyond 15 yards. Is that what we need...again. If we draft him it's gonna be like we have a less intelligent Ryan Fitzpatrick, which is about all he had going for him. Tyler Wilson has journeyman backup written all over him in my opinion.

The guy has a strong arm. Don't get the 15 yard comment.

Also I am sick of the "we should move down a few picks" crap. Teams usually don't want to move up. If they pull it off great but it isn't an easy thing to do.

Night Train
03-16-2013, 07:43 AM
I thought dart night was Thursday ?

X-Era
03-16-2013, 07:45 AM
Laugh at me, call me names, don't get your pleasure from my pain. I know who the Bills are going to select. Yep I do. Can't go into detail. I am hoping to get some street cred. If he is available the pick will be Tyler Wilson. Also, He is number one on their board. And I can say that the board is being run by Coach Marrone. I've said for months that Wilson is absolutely in play at 8 and will very likely be available.

I think the top choices for the Bills are Geno, Barkley, Wilson, and Patterson. I think one of those players will be a Bill. The next most likely to me are Jones, Jordan, and Milliner.

X-Era
03-16-2013, 07:49 AM
Wow do I disagree.

Losman had a ton of arm strength. It was probably his best asset He didn't have the mental markup for the position and lacked the ability to handle the adversity without getting rattled. Wilson on the other hand doesn't have elite arm strength but has decent arm strength and is noted for his ability to handle adversity after what he went through last year. Both of then need to work on their mechanics. The knock on Wilson is hand size which may affect his ability to grip the ball in bad weather. And of course inconsistencies but the whole class has that problem.

justasportsfan
03-16-2013, 08:30 AM
like I said, don't care if it's Smith , Nassib, Barkley or Wilson as long as it's the guy they want.

X-Era
03-16-2013, 08:39 AM
like I said, don't care if it's Smith , Nassib, Barkley or Wilson as long as it's the guy they want.
The draft day strategy on this will be very interesting.

If they don't draft a QB at 8, they almost have to move back up into the late 1st for Nassib. Most reports say that the QB needy teams know the Bills will take Nassib in the 2nd.

But I really think Geno, Barkley, or Wilson will be there at 8. And there is a chance that all will be there.

Oaf
03-16-2013, 09:59 AM
Do you have any previous history of calling picks?

His hand size worries me. If it wasn't for that, I'd be down for it.

k-oneputt
03-16-2013, 10:03 AM
Laugh at me, call me names, don't get your pleasure from my pain. I know who the Bills are going to select. Yep I do. Can't go into detail. I am hoping to get some street cred. If he is available the pick will be Tyler Wilson. Also, He is number one on their board. And I can say that the board is being run by Coach Marrone.

Good. I hope you are right. He is the qb I want.

YardRat
03-16-2013, 11:19 AM

Duly noted on the 'inside info'.

As far as the bolded part, though, I'm not seeing that happening. Nix was flat-out honest last year when he stated he acquired the players, and Gailey coached them...that's what their jobs were. I don't think a 180deg turn on that philosophy is a reasonable expectation.

Slim
03-16-2013, 11:27 AM
I see a little Phillip Rivers in Wilson.

SABURZFAN
03-16-2013, 12:01 PM

isn't this guy rated as 3rd-4th rounder by the experts? they seem to have more credibility than the Bills brass.

- - - Updated - - -

The draft day strategy on this will be very interesting.

If they don't draft a QB at 8, they almost have to move back up into the late 1st for Nassib. Most reports say that the QB needy teams know the Bills will take Nassib in the 2nd.

But I really think Geno, Barkley, or Wilson will be there at 8. And there is a chance that all will be there.

did Chris Brown tell you that?

Ed
03-16-2013, 12:25 PM
This wouldn't surprise me at all. There's a lot to like about Wilson and I'm starting to believe that Geno will go to Jax or Oakland, and Barkley will go to Arizona.

If they don't take a qb at 8 then they put themselves at risk of missing out on a Nassib or Manuel. With only 6 picks they're not going to want to have to trade back up to get one of those guys either. It's probably really important to Russ that the team be able to sell to the fans that they got a franchise qb even if they're not crazy about the player or the value. They're not going to be able to sell tickets if Tavaris Jackson is the only legit option at qb.

X-Era
03-16-2013, 12:33 PM
isn't this guy rated as 3rd-4th rounder by the experts? they seem to have more credibility than the Bills brass.

- - - Updated - - -

did Chris Brown tell you that?Nah, That's just me interpreting what I've read.

kingJofNYC
03-16-2013, 12:35 PM
You'd have to be blind to come to the conclusion that Wilson is Losman, not even close.

Wilson can play, I just have doubts about his ceiling. Also hate that he doesn't protect the ball, makes some poor decisions and forces it. Concussion and hits are a factor as well, he's had his bell rung multiple times. I'd love to land him in the 2nd round, but that probably won't happen.

Wilson ins't a 3rd or 4th round guy, first two rounds easily, but 2nd for sure. He had a terrible senior years, but was fantastic before all his coaches and receivers left.

Bert102176
03-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Good. I hope you are right. He is the qb I want.

I love the kid is tough I want him or EJ MANUEL would like them in the second though want Corderrell Patterson in the 1st would like manti also

coastal
03-16-2013, 01:00 PM
Tyler Wilson doesn't work the ball outside of the hashes. He a slightly better version of Fitz.

IF his mechanics can be fixed (footwork) he could develop into even more than that.

Another positive is that he's played his way through the SEC (NFL lite) and has been more than competitive along the way.

an honest assessment is that he's a second round guy at the point... nothing more.

DynaPaul
03-16-2013, 01:40 PM
I have info too. They're picking 8th.

bigbub2352
03-16-2013, 01:42 PM
i think wilson will fall to the 2nd rd...i personally think we will take WR Patterson at 8 then Wilson/Nassib in 2nd rd...Best TE available in the 3rd

I think our awesome front office thinks we are totally fine on D hence nix still nappin

tampabay25690
03-16-2013, 01:47 PM

To say he is a Losman clone is silly!!

The Jokeman
03-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Tyler Wilson doesn't work the ball outside of the hashes. He a slightly better version of Fitz.

IF his mechanics can be fixed (footwork) he could develop into even more than that.

Another positive is that he's played his way through the SEC (NFL lite) and has been more than competitive along the way.

an honest assessment is that he's a second round guy at the point... nothing more.

Solid post from you, I wish you'd post more like this.

swiper
03-16-2013, 02:00 PM
See? He contributes.

coastal mock:

Round 1) Womack

Round 2) Wilson

The Jokeman
03-16-2013, 02:26 PM
See? He contributes.

coastal mock:

Round 1) Womack

Round 2) Wilson

The highest an OG prospect has been taken in recent memory was Mike Ipuati who was taken 17th overall in 2010. Taking one, no matter how good, at pick 8 is just not good value. Trade down to the late teens or early twenties in order to get a pick or two in return and if Womack is there grab him. If not Jonathan Cooper isn't a bad backup plan or maybe Keenan Allen or EJ Manuel and an OG later.

swiper
03-16-2013, 03:19 PM
The highest an OG prospect has been taken in recent memory was Mike Ipuati who was taken 17th overall in 2010. Taking one, no matter how good, at pick 8 is just not good value. Trade down to the late teens or early twenties in order to get a pick or two in return and if Womack is there grab him. If not Jonathan Cooper isn't a bad backup plan or maybe Keenan Allen or EJ Manuel and an OG later.

Personally would rather see Jarvis Jones or Eric Fisher at #8 then Wiilson in the 2nd.

coastal
03-16-2013, 03:37 PM
See? He contributes.

coastal mock:

Round 1) Womack

Round 2) Wilson
Nope... my mock this year will surprise more than a few.

- - - Updated - - -

Solid post from you, I wish you'd post more like this.
I contribute a lot more than u r willing to admit.

Bone
03-16-2013, 05:33 PM
Wilson at 8, I agree completely.

TigerJ
03-16-2013, 06:46 PM
I would be surprised if that happens at this point. I would also be surprised if Marrone is in charge of the war room.

coastal
03-16-2013, 07:52 PM
I've done a yearly piece that's a lot of fun... coastal's five card studs... Every year around this time.

the year Iupati was drafted... He was my first selection. Last year it was David DeCastro.

i don't subscribe to the "too high to take a guard" meme.

Needless to say, Chance is more than in the running this year for the opening spot.

Thief
03-16-2013, 07:56 PM
JP Losman had a pretty strong arm dude.

TigerJ
03-16-2013, 10:40 PM
I just read a post over at the official Bills fan forum by someone claiming inside info. That person is reporting that the Bills will take EJ Manuel, also at Marrone's direction. I didn't believe him either.

DGreg
03-16-2013, 11:50 PM
I just read a post over at the official Bills fan forum by someone claiming inside info. That person is reporting that the Bills will take EJ Manuel, also at Marrone's direction. I didn't believe him either.

I think that person is a Putz

jamze132
03-17-2013, 02:44 AM

Or just stay at #8, grab Joeckle or Fisher and kick Glenn to LG.

swiper
03-17-2013, 04:38 AM
Or just stay at #8, grab Joeckle or Fisher and kick Glenn to LG.

Good guards are easier and cheaper to find than tackles. I'd rather see them get one of those guys and move Glenn to right tackle.

Jan Reimers
03-17-2013, 06:03 AM
How could anyone justify taking a guard at 8 after we let Levitre and Rinehart walk? Talk about treading water . . .

DraftBoy
03-17-2013, 07:38 AM
Anybody claiming in Mid-March they know what any team is going to do in the draft is either making it up or has put pieces together. I.E. Nix has a long history drafting SEC player, Bills were at multiple Arkansas games the last two years, and Nix and Whaley went to his Pro Day.

YardRat
03-17-2013, 07:40 AM
Anybody claiming in Mid-March they know what any team is going to do in the draft is either making it up or has put pieces together. I.E. Nix has a long history drafting SEC player, Bills were at multiple Arkansas games the last two years, and Nix and Whaley went to his Pro Day.

That doesn't add up to Buffalo taking EJ Manuel. Dumbass.

YardRat
03-17-2013, 07:42 AM
How could anyone justify taking a guard at 8 after we let Levitre and Rinehart walk? Talk about treading water . . .

Well, just me personally but I could justify taking a G at 8 even if we re-signed both. Our oline isn't as good as some would like to think.

ublinkwescore
03-17-2013, 08:43 AM
EJ Manuel

YardRat
03-17-2013, 06:06 PM
I think 'the reach' is going to be Scott or Bray in the second round.

DraftBoy
03-17-2013, 07:31 PM
That doesn't add up to Buffalo taking EJ Manuel. Dumbass.

Sub Arkansas and add FSU. Now that was easy.

YardRat
03-18-2013, 05:56 AM
Sub Arkansas and add FSU. Now that was easy.

I like to lob you a softball once in awhile.

DraftBoy
03-18-2013, 06:23 AM
I like to lob you a softball once in awhile.

As always I appreciate it.

CleveSteve
03-19-2013, 03:11 PM
I see a little Phillip Rivers in Wilson.

A douchebag who blames his teammates for losing?

HAMMER
03-19-2013, 04:30 PM
A douchebag who blames his teammates for losing?

This is so far from the truth it's irresponsible. People see Rivers get emotional on the field and think he is a bad guy, couldn't be farther from the truth. He is a stand up guy, smart, excellent teammate and even better father.

Syderick
03-19-2013, 04:52 PM
If Wilson's there in the 2nd round, they should take him.

Lucidvizion
03-20-2013, 03:40 PM
This is so far from the truth it's irresponsible. People see Rivers get emotional on the field and think he is a bad guy, couldn't be farther from the truth. He is a stand up guy, smart, excellent teammate and even better father.

Nice try, Phil.