PDA

View Full Version : "I will leave no stone unturned to take this team to a world-class level."

Night Train
03-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Russ Brandon said that Jan 1st. Did he run out of stones ? Times up Russ.

Let Nix, Whaley or whoever...sign somebody. The draft can only do so much. Support your new coach.

If so, I might buy tickets again. It's a 2 way street.

My loyalty is no longer blind. That's an angle you need to drop.

kingJofNYC
03-16-2013, 06:45 PM
Russ was in charge after the Levy experiment, what makes people think he'll put a competent organization together after his first go around? Russ fired the coach/staff and kept everyone else around, why are things suddenly going to change? His words mean nothing. For those that want to give them a chance, that's fine, I already gave them one 4 years ago and we're back where we started. Front office is mostly the same, I expect the same results.

swiper
03-16-2013, 06:48 PM
Brandon running the team for Wilson is a joke. How've they done on the field since Brandon has been around again?

X-Era
03-16-2013, 06:58 PM
Russ was in charge after the Levy experiment, what makes people think he'll put a competent organization together after his first go around? Russ fired the coach/staff and kept everyone else around, why are things suddenly going to change? His words mean nothing. For those that want to give them a chance, that's fine, I already gave them one 4 years ago and we're back where we started. Front office is mostly the same, I expect the same results.Russ brought Levy back? Or did Ralph? I'm pretty sure Ralph was the one who contacted Marv and asked him to come back.

BertSquirtgum
03-16-2013, 08:16 PM
They're leaving quite a few stones unturned this free agency period.

black N yellow
03-16-2013, 08:49 PM
kidney stones?

kingJofNYC
03-16-2013, 08:56 PM
Russ brought Levy back? Or did Ralph? I'm pretty sure Ralph was the one who contacted Marv and asked him to come back.

Well I didn't get into who brought Levy in with my original post, but yes it was Ralph. Russ took over after Ralphs plan went down in flames, which I mentioned in my original post.

Russ did nothing to turn around this franchise when he was GM, now he's at the top of the chain with one the worst GMs in the league still heading our personnel decisions.

McBFLO
03-17-2013, 08:53 AM
There's a big difference between the time when Russ was GM, and now. When Russ was GM, he still had to get the OK from Ralph. Now, he is the one people have to report to and he can make the final decision without running it by Ralph. To immediately blame him is just wrong. None of us know what the exact reason for inactivity is. Maybe this should be pinned on him, but no one outside of the organization should be making such bold claims that this is his fault. Maybe it's Whaley (who is held in pretty high regard amongst fans) who is the reason for the team being so conservative in FA. Pittsburgh was always a draft-first team.

Let's also remember, Russ is (supposedly) not making the personnel decisions. Nix and/or Whaley (supposedly) are. I'm not being blindly loyal here in my defense of Russ either. I'm just saying that no one outside of the organization truly knows what's going on inside the walls over there, so to immediately place all or most of the blame on him might be wrong. Russ is the business guy. He's done a damn good job at consistently selling subpar product for a team who hasn't made the playoffs since '99. There's also the factor of him bringing up the analytics thing. Maybe that's why they're choosing not to go out and spend a ton of money in FA. They want to make sure they're making smart investments in the players they sign. Manny Lawson, as mediocre as he may appear at the forefront, isn't making a whole lot for a player that we should probably expect to be our starting SLB. Under the right defense (which this one definitely appears to be a fit for him) and better coaching (Pettine) maybe he'll flourish. Calvin Pace blew in AZ before moving to the Jets under the Ryan/Pettine defense.

As much as it pains me to say it, we probably need to be a little more patient. They probably (hopefully) have a plan. Players become available later on too (i.e. Nick Barnett). All that being said, I think there have been some players that have signed elsewhere that could have filled need positions at responsible prices (Brandon Myers, Sean Smith, et al).

I'm sure I'm gonna get killed for this, but whatever. That's my take.

swiper
03-17-2013, 02:54 PM
You should consider changing you name to McGullible24. Just sayin'.

Mr. Miyagi
03-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Totally agreed. WTF are they doing? With only 6 draft picks and plenty of holes to fills, we're sitting on the sideline in FA when there are players out there that can definitely help us.

WHAT THE **** ARE THESE CLOWNS DOING????

kingJofNYC
03-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Totally agreed. WTF are they doing? With only 6 draft picks and plenty of holes to fills, we're sitting on the sideline in FA when there are players out there that can definitely help us.

What they've done the majority of the time the last 3 years, last season being the exception. Why would year 4 be any different, especially since they got burned last season.

No changes in the front office, no changes in the way they operate.

YardRat
03-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Everybody must be taking today off...haven't heard a peep other than Nmandi Asomugha possibly visiting New Orleans.

Bert102176
03-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Yeah a WORLD-CLASS farm team for other teams

Beebe's Kid
03-17-2013, 08:24 PM
They haven't won a game since he said that.

McBFLO
03-17-2013, 08:57 PM
You should consider changing you name to McGullible24. Just sayin'.

Ok asSwiper.

Meathead
03-17-2013, 09:22 PM
theres only 173 days of free agency left so if i dont freak out now i might not get another chance

X-Era
03-18-2013, 05:52 AM
Well I didn't get into who brought Levy in with my original post, but yes it was Ralph. Russ took over after Ralphs plan went down in flames, which I mentioned in my original post.

Russ did nothing to turn around this franchise when he was GM, now he's at the top of the chain with one the worst GMs in the league still heading our personnel decisions.
Russ was never the GM.

http://nflnext10.syr.edu/?page_id=260

He was the COO and the Bills didn't have a true GM. That was part of the problem. He held both titles in 2009 but again it was more a situation where we had no GM.

bf1
03-18-2013, 09:42 AM

They are "staying the course" and "building through the draft." As stupid and bumbling as Buddy Nix is... At least he's honest.

Historian
03-18-2013, 09:49 AM
How many seniors were on last fall's Syracuse team?

I expect about 1/3 of them on our roster this fall.

OpIv37
03-18-2013, 09:52 AM
theres only 173 days of free agency left so if i dont freak out now i might not get another chance

So tired of this nonsense.

The longer we wait in FA, the fewer players are available. As usual, we will be digging through the bottom of the barrel.

kingJofNYC
03-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Russ was never the GM.

http://nflnext10.syr.edu/?page_id=260

He was the COO and the Bills didn't have a true GM. That was part of the problem. He held both titles in 2009 but again it was more a situation where we had no GM.

Who cares what his title was, was he running the day to day operations of the team after Levy retired? That's all that matters. Was he and the rest of the guys in the front office the ones who brought back Nix? Are they the ones that convinced Ralph to make him the GM? That's all that matters.

Same beat up car with a new coat of paint.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-18-2013, 11:24 AM
you guys are overthinking it. nix has added some nice talent.

we just need a qb, and many other problems will go away...

OpIv37
03-18-2013, 11:29 AM
you guys are overthinking it. nix has added some nice talent.

we just need a qb, and many other problems will go away...

lmao.

First, this team has FAR more problems than just QB. Second, good QB's are hard to find. This team has had exactly ONE in my lifetime and has been searching for another one for roughly 15 years and counting.