PDA

View Full Version : russ brandon remove head from sphincter

Bert102176
03-16-2013, 07:00 PM
th this f*** tard in charge this team will always be a triple A team for the rest of the NFL

OpIv37
03-16-2013, 11:10 PM
I have no idea how he didn't get the boot with Gailey.

jamze132
03-17-2013, 02:47 AM
Brandon blamed Gailey for everything so he could take the helm.

YardRat
03-17-2013, 08:50 AM

Would you have preferred Ralph to fire Brandon and give the keys to the kingdom to Donahoe or Levy again? Who the hell else is out there that Wilson could feel completely comfortable turning over total control of the team to? Littman? Overdorf?

OpIv37
03-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Would you have preferred Ralph to fire Brandon and give the keys to the kingdom to Donahoe or Levy again? Who the hell else is out there that Wilson could feel completely comfortable turning over total control of the team to? Littman? Overdorf?

I think you're asking the wrong question.

The question should be "Given the disastrous results of the last 13 years, why the hell would Ralph feel comfortable turning the keys to the kingdom over to Russ Brandon?"

WagonCircler
03-17-2013, 11:20 AM

...Polian.

YardRat
03-17-2013, 11:32 AM
...Polian.

That bridge was burnt 20 years ago.

fluteflakes
03-17-2013, 11:34 AM
We need a new team president. And that WILL happen.... when Ralph passes and the new ownership moves on to someone better.

YardRat
03-17-2013, 11:37 AM

The question should be "Given the disastrous results of the last 13 years, why the hell would Ralph feel comfortable turning the keys to the kingdom over to Russ Brandon?"

It's absolutely the right question. Wilson needs somebody he can trust with his most cherished possession, and firing Brandon would pretty much bring the candidate list down to zero. Except for his miserable tenure acting as GM, which was clearly not in his wheelhouse and nobody knows how his fingerprints fit on the personnel decisions, Brandon has been effective in any role he has been asked to fulfill for the team and knows the organization better than anybody.

So, again, and considering that Polian isn't a realistic option...Who would you expect Ralph to put in charge after removing Brandon?

Mr. Pink
03-17-2013, 12:26 PM

Because the team still sells tickets and merchandise. And actually has more sellouts under Brandon than the predecessor.

Money talks and Brandon is an excellent business man...that or people here really believe if they don't full out support the team, the team will move. Could be a combination of the two.

TrEd FTW
03-17-2013, 01:06 PM

Because he's good at his job - padding Wilson's bank account.