PDA

View Full Version : Bills May Have Interest in Jim Leonhard and Josh Johnson

YardRat
03-17-2013, 07:56 AM
http://fansided.com/2013/03/17/buffalo-bills-may-have-interest-in-jim-leonhard-and-josh-johnson/

The Buffalo Bills are looking to shore up their defense and they may be looking at free agent strong safety Jim Leonhard to help them out in their secondary in 2013. WGR 550 in Buffalo is suggesting (http://www.wgr550.com/Free-Agency-What-s-still-out-there-for-Bills-/15799526) that the Bills may have an interest in Leonhard and the two sides could meet up to discuss a deal in the near future.

Leonhard would be a potentially easy fit with the Bills as he’s familiar with Buffalo defensive coordinator Mike Pettine from the duo’s days in New York as members of the Jets. Leonhard fell on hard injury times while with New York and even came in to work with the Bills during training camp last year before ultimately signing with the Denver Broncos.
He’d come cheap too, which is getting into a situation where it couldn’t hurt starts to become real reasoning behind a signing.

Buffalo may also look Josh Johnson’s way, as the team is in desperate need of help and depth at quarterback. Johnson has been drawing interest from some teams around the league, most recently from the Cincinnati Bengals. Johnson isn’t a top-tier name but he could fit in with what the Bills are looking for out of a quarterback.

better days
03-17-2013, 08:06 AM
Josh Johnson is GARBAGE. I don't want him even as a back up QB. He is more inaccurate than Fitz.

YardRat
03-17-2013, 08:11 AM
Leonhard spurned us last season, so I'm inclined to think 'screw you', but he could come cheap, should be healthy enough to contribute, and might be the guy that Pettine could rely on to help the rest of the defense.

RedEyE
03-17-2013, 08:38 AM
I like Leonhard. While he's obviously not the top of his class, he plays with a lot of heart and leaves everything on the field. He also brings versatility with his punt return experience - though he is a bit long in the tooth. A decent depth guy that understands Pettine's ways.

No opinion about Johnson. But I don't think you could ever have too many guys at camp.

better days
03-17-2013, 08:44 AM
I like Leonhard. While he's obviously not the top of his class, he plays with a lot of heart and leaves everything on the field. He also brings versatility with his punt return experience - though he is a bit long in the tooth. A decent depth guy that understands Pettine's ways.

No opinion about Johnson. But I don't think you could ever have too many guys at camp.

I agree, you could never have too many guys at camp, but I would rather they have someone I have no idea about thet could be developed & eventually be even a good back up QB. Josh Johnson is never going to get any better than he already is which is terrible. Might as well bring back JP or Trent over Josh, they are both better than him.

Bert102176
03-17-2013, 09:11 AM
The Bills always have interest in people past their prime and 2nd and 3rd stringers Mario was the exception last year 1 in 14 years it's no wonder this organization is in such diseray

Bert102176
03-17-2013, 09:15 AM
Actually 2 when we signed London Fletcher was smart but then we let him go so stupid

Jeff1220
03-17-2013, 07:46 PM
They signed TKO when he was a prize too.

Slim
03-17-2013, 08:24 PM
The Bills always have interest in people past their prime and 2nd and 3rd stringers Mario was the exception last year 1 in 14 years it's no wonder this organization is in such diseray

Not true.

Dockery, TKO.

kishoph
03-17-2013, 08:49 PM
I hope they are talking about Josh Johnson the guy that pitched for the Marlins and not Josh Johnson from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

justasportsfan
03-18-2013, 08:48 AM
Leonhard spurned us last season, so I'm inclined to think 'screw you', but he could come cheap, should be healthy enough to contribute, and might be the guy that Pettine could rely on to help the rest of the defense.

how did he spurn us? He was not 100% when he met up with the bills and the bills weren't ready to take a chance on him.

DraftBoy
03-18-2013, 08:52 AM
No shock about Josh Johnson, he fits the mold pretty well.

Maximilli
03-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Just sign DHB and Dansby u could probably squeeze in Spikes