• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Best Free Agency Moves to Make at This Point

Now that the initial three-day rush has concluded in free agency, the Buffalo Bills are in position to find the right free agents at the right prices...

Steve Breaston, WR
    David Carr, QB
    Shaun Phillips, OLB
    Mike Jenkins, CB
    Julian Edelman, WR

Agree or disagree?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • fluteflakes
    • Jan 2013

Re: Best Free Agency Moves to Make at This Point

Scratch David Carr and I think it's a decent FA, not good players but solid role guys. Which is really what we need right now because our roster can't be built on 6 draft picks and UDFA's like last time.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by fluteflakes View Post
      Scratch David Carr and I think it's a decent FA, not good players but solid role guys. Which is really what we need right now because our roster can't be built on 6 draft picks and UDFA's like last time.
      Agreed 100%

Those moves won't make us contenders but they'll make us better than we are now.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Scumbag College
        • Oct 2002

I agree with flute and op, scratch Carr off that list...we have enough backup QBs already. I'd love to add a guard and maybe even a tackle to that list too and leave Edelman off....I don't think he's that great and is a product of NE's system.
        Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• kingJofNYC
          • Sep 2009

Jenkins is Leodis McKelvin

Comment

• fluteflakes
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Scumbag College View Post
            I agree with flute and op, scratch Carr off that list...we have enough backup QBs already. I'd love to add a guard and maybe even a tackle to that list too and leave Edelman off....I don't think he's that great and is a product of NE's system.
            His problem really isn't athletic ability, it's the fact that he's made of glass that's kept him from becoming a Wes Welker light. Get him here, make him our #3, and I think it'd be a good signing if he can manage to stay healthy. Though I do agree we should try going after a guard.

Lets be honest here people, even if we had the money to sign a couple of the "good" players at the top of FA... why would we do that? Good teams don't do that, what the Dolphins are doing now has never once worked. You supplement your team through FA, you don't built it. And this FA proposed is actually a pretty good supplement of talent until the draft.
            Last edited by fluteflakes; 03-17-2013, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Whether we went out and spent $100m would have made no difference. We have a first time HC, an OC who just got his first pubes, and a Russ Brandon. WTF is a Russ Brandon?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Breaston has done a whole lot of nothing since AZ.

David Carr did a whole lot of nothing his entire career, besides get sacked.

Edelman must be available for a reason. The pats lost 3 other WRs and have zero care in bringing him back so yeah.

The other 2 options are somewhat interesting.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

The first week of the 2013 NFL free agency is winding down, and Buffalo Bills fans want to know when the team will become more active players...

WR-Free Agents Still Available: Brandon Lloyd, RFA Victor Cruz, Laurent Robinson, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Austin Collie, Mohmed Massaquoi, Randy Moss, ex-Bills Nelson, Josh Cribbs, Early Doucet, Kevin Walter, Steve Breaston, Michael Jenkins, RFA Emmanuel Sanders, Braylon Edwards and Brandon Tate.

GUARD-Free Agents Still Available: Brandon Lloyd, RFA Victor Cruz, Laurent Robinson, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Austin Collie, Mohmed Massaquoi, Randy Moss, ex-Bills Nelson, Josh Cribbs, Early Doucet, Kevin Walter, Steve Breaston, Michael Jenkins, RFA Emmanuel Sanders, Braylon Edwards and Brandon Tate.

TE-Free Agents Still Available: Fred Davis, RFA Dennis Pitta, Ben Watson, Dallas Clark, Chris Cooley, Randy McMichael, Kellen Davis, RFA Ed Dickson, Will Heller, Kevin Boss, Alex Smith and Leonard Pope.

LBER-Free Agents Still Available: Karlos Dansby, Rey Maualuga, Barnett, Brian Urlacher, Daryl Smith, D.J. Williams, James Harrison, Justin Durant, Shaun Phillips, James Anderson, ex-Bills Takeo Spkes, Bart Scottt, Quincy Black, Rocky McIntosh, Akeem Jordan, Bradie James, Brad Jones and Calvin Pace.

CB-Free Agents Still Available: Chris Gamble, Brent Grimes, DeAngelo Hall, Quentin Jammer, Nnamdi Asomugha, ex-Bills Antoine Winfield, Sheldon Brown, Terence Newman, Leroy Hill, ex-Bills Nate Clements, Tracy Porter, RFA Sam Shields, Shawntae Spencer, Cedric Griffin and Jacob Lacey.

SAFETY-Free Agents Still Available: Ed Reed, Quintin Mikell, Charles Woodson, Bernard Pollard, Kerry Rhodes, Michael Huff, Dawan Landry, Gerald Sensabaugh, Madieu Williams, Ronde Barber, Stevie Brown and Eric Smith.

Buffalo's remaining free agents: FB Cory McIntyre, DE Kyle Moore, RB Tashard Choice, DL Spencer Johnson, WR Ruvell Martin, QB Tyler Thigpen and LB Kirk Morrison.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

As YardRats post above shows, there is still a lot of decent talent available for our areas of need. Silly spending season is over.

These guys need a contract and 1-2 year deals would be agreed to now.

Didn't it take a week for us to sign Mario Williams ? I know it took 11 days before signing Mark Anderson. Would expect some action this coming week.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                    X