PDA

View Full Version : Kaleta FURIOUS that he's not playing tonight coming off suspension

DetDannyWilliams
03-17-2013, 01:17 PM
"I'm pissed off. I want to play," Kaleta said. "And especially after watching some things, sitting there watching the game, I want to play. ... I guess they don't need me right now I guess. I've been pissed off watching for the past couple weeks. No matter if you're a fan, a player, you guys know what's going on. You should be pissed off. You should play with a little piss and vinegar. You shouldn't be happy. We're not in position we want to be in. We have to work harder, come in and do something about it."It should be noted the locker room was empty, with most players having already left, when Kaleta was speaking. Kaleta said Rolston gave him no reason for the decision to keep him out of the lineup. Rolston told reporters he didn't want to disrupt his current line combinations.
"That's between me and the coach and I have to listen to what he wants," Kaleta said. "Obviously I'm going to be pissed off for today and not be too pleasant. I think about it, let it bother me for a little bit and move on and prepare myself. Hopefully the team will want me back here in the next couple of games."
Rolston's initial response when asked why Kaleta wasn't playing was, "Who are we going to take out?"
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2013/03/kaleta-furious-to-be-a-scratch-upon-return-from-suspension.html

Skooby
03-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Classless.

YardRat
03-17-2013, 01:48 PM
Good. I wish more of the team would get pissed off.

OpIv37
03-17-2013, 02:02 PM
This isn't the most diplomatic way to handle the situation, but Kaleta is a hockey player. Diplomatic hockey players become Pominville and Stafford. **** that.

That being said, does Rolston really think this team is playing so well that he can't disrupt it? That's scary.

black N yellow
03-17-2013, 02:08 PM
This isn't the most diplomatic way to handle the situation, but Kaleta is a hockey player. Diplomatic hockey players become Pominville and Stafford. **** that.

That being said, does Rolston really think this team is playing so well that he can't disrupt it? That's scary.

It's almost like Chan Gailey worshipping his own playbook and trying to explain why Tarvaris Jackson was inactive.

OpIv37
03-17-2013, 02:10 PM
It's almost like Chan Gailey worshipping his own playbook and trying to explain why Tarvaris Jackson was inactive.

Yeah, I said in another thread that it's scary how much the Sabres have become like the Bills.

Skooby
03-17-2013, 02:16 PM
Yeah, I said in another thread that it's scary how much the Sabres have become like the Bills.
It's a running joke down here in SW FL, I tell people who are my teams & I instantly get sympathy. It's past sad now, it's pathetic.

OpIv37
03-17-2013, 02:38 PM
It's a running joke down here in SW FL, I tell people who are my teams & I instantly get sympathy. It's past sad now, it's pathetic.

Tell me about it- I've been in Baltimore for two years and DC area for 10 years before that. It turned to sympathy a long ass time ago, and it's not like the Skins or Caps have been anything special.

SabreEleven
03-17-2013, 04:12 PM
Heavens forbid Rolston break up these losing combinations.

swiper
03-17-2013, 04:51 PM
You guys forget that Kaleta's stupid penalty lost that game when he riled up the Rangers.

Him sitting is likely the coach sending him a message about that.

YardRat
03-17-2013, 05:27 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/patrick-kaleta-healthy-scratch-suspension-wasn-t-good-175158769--nhl.html

Rolston said, "He understands what just happened and the way he's got to play. But again, we want to balance the way he plays and not take that away from him either because that's what makes him a valuable hockey player in the league.

"On the other hand, it's a situation where he understands that sitting out five games for him wasn't a good thing and it wasn't a good thing for our team. We have to make adjustments and he has to make adjustments going forward."

Cali512
03-17-2013, 05:32 PM
You guys forget that Kaleta's stupid penalty lost that game when he riled up the Rangers.

Him sitting is likely the coach sending him a message about that.

Dude, he was like 5 feet from the boards when he hit him, he hit his lower back but the guy was going down at the same time so it looked alot worse than it was. Kaleta barely hit the guy, and you cant blame that hit, which i dont even think drew a fight, cost us the game. No one even went after Kaleta, players only reacted when they realized how hurt the guy was. But he took a freak fall, Kaletas done ALOT worse.

Cali512
03-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Classless.

He deserves to be pissed. Hes the only one that gives 100% effort every shift. Hes liked by the team, and great on the PK and is good enough to be on scoring line without taking away anything, even tho hes a hitter. Kaleta and Ott are the motivators on the team, and I think that they could take out Stafford, or maybe Hecht? I think this is totally stupid, and im happy that Kaleta was sitting back watching the team getting upset at how were playing. Maybe its going to severely motivate him because out of everyone on our team, i think Kaleta relates more to the young kids of buffalo like myself, and i dont even play hockey but i wish i could go out there and knock some people out after watching us.

PTI
03-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Kaleta sucks anyway he Is useless at this point

chernobylwraiths
03-18-2013, 08:44 AM
I don't blame him for being pissed OR the coach for maybe keeping him out to send a message, BUT:

"who are we gonna take out?" Really?! Because they are playing so GREAT right now. This guy seems like a Darcy clone and I don't really want much of anything on this team that has Darcy's seal of approval on it.

Another thing that I thought Kaleta was alluding to was Neil going around for another game and punking just about all of the Sabres. Grabs at Miller and Ott at least pushed him and talked to him, sucker punches Weber when the refs come in, and sucker punches Regher after the fight when he's down and the reffs are jumping in. Great move scratching Scott there.

Mski
03-18-2013, 09:48 AM
I don't blame him for being pissed OR the coach for maybe keeping him out to send a message, BUT:

"who are we gonna take out?" Really?! Because they are playing so GREAT right now. This guy seems like a Darcy clone and I don't really want much of anything on this team that has Darcy's seal of approval on it.

Another thing that I thought Kaleta was alluding to was Neil going around for another game and punking just about all of the Sabres. Grabs at Miller and Ott at least pushed him and talked to him, sucker punches Weber when the refs come in, and sucker punches Regher after the fight when he's down and the reffs are jumping in. Great move scratching Scott there.

thats why i think both will be gone this offseason

PTI
03-18-2013, 10:13 AM
Hilarious Miller telling Kaleta to grow up now too. Maybe they both should shut up though!!

Kaleta is useless, can't score anything at all, no points, can't fight because his hands are always busted up, and gets a ton of reputation penalties. He causes the additional retaliation sometimes too on our players. I would cut him.

SkateZilla
03-18-2013, 10:45 AM
Dude, he was like 5 feet from the boards when he hit him, he hit his lower back but the guy was going down at the same time so it looked alot worse than it was. Kaleta barely hit the guy, and you cant blame that hit, which i dont even think drew a fight, cost us the game. No one even went after Kaleta, players only reacted when they realized how hurt the guy was. But he took a freak fall, Kaletas done ALOT worse.

There were far more severe boarding incidents that weekend that went un penalized..

Like i said, Homer officiating, they saw an oppurtunity to give the home team something to work with, they were being shut out at that point. Nothing gives the team motivation like a 5 minute PP and their star player rising from a injury like he's a god. (when the he was prolly never hurt.)

I submitted the Video footage to the Academy awards for Best Acting by a Male Lead.

SabreEleven
03-18-2013, 12:08 PM
Greening's cross check of Myers into the boards this weekend was very similiar to the Kaleta-Richards hit but of course, nothing will come of it.

SkateZilla
03-18-2013, 12:32 PM
Shanaban doesnt review it unless it's given a Major Penalty 99% of the time

ticatfan
03-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Hilarious Miller telling Kaleta to grow up now too. Maybe they both should shut up though!!

Kaleta is useless, can't score anything at all, no points, can't fight because his hands are always busted up, and gets a ton of reputation penalties. He causes the additional retaliation sometimes too on our players. I would cut him.The only idiot is miller, the other guy did not call anyone out by name and what is supposed to say. I don't want to play, I love being a healthy scratch? Miller is the ass here.

DetDannyWilliams
03-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Kaleta knows what Sabres fans expect from him. He's from Angola, NY and we Buffaloians are blue collar, hard working people! we bust our butts from 5am-6pm every week and Kaleta knows that every time he steps on the ice in front of us fans and if he doesn't give 100% every night he's going to hear it from us the fans!

Dude
03-18-2013, 03:20 PM
I knew that was you. Thanks for confirming.

rbochan
03-18-2013, 04:43 PM
Harrington made that **** up to get a rise out of Miller. He's nothing but a worthless hack.

DetDannyWilliams
03-18-2013, 05:46 PM
I knew that was you. Thanks for confirming.

actually I got it from Mike Robitaille, he said it once on the pre-game that was earlier in the season. I liked what he said because he was absolutly right!

Mouldsie
03-18-2013, 11:00 PM
Kaleta can stay on my team.

trapezeus
03-19-2013, 12:08 PM
kaleta's reputation is hard for the team to deal with. every game he goes to the box for barely touching people. he's earned it as he's made some really questionable plays.

and for guys like matt cooke, they can almost kill someone, but they can get back on the good side of the NHL because they are a playoff team and it good hockey in may. and i think those enforcers hold a little back on the dirty end of things come playoff time.

But kaleta doesn't score, he's not influential enough for grit, and he's neutered during the regular season with suspensions and penalties.

If i inherited this sabres team and he took that rangers penalty (warranted or not), i'd sit him too now. I am trying to figure out who can stay and who can go. i know exactly what i have with kaleta. either he is going to be ideal with ott on a third line or he's just a goon causing trouble on a 14th/15th ranked team. skate other people and find out what management wants to do?

reiger is saying he won't blow the team up. everyone in buffalo knows it should happen. why let kaleta get another massive suspension right before 6-9 seeded teams get desperate for grit.

DetDannyWilliams
03-19-2013, 05:10 PM
he's back in tonight

Buffalo Sabres ‏<s>@</s>BuffaloSabres <small class="time">59m (https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/314126925104816128)</small> Patrick Kaleta will return to the lineup tonight, WATCH his interview from today: http://ow.ly/jdz1x (http://t.co/1yasjgkySt)