PDA

View Full Version : Comparing the potential "Franchise" QBs - Edited

Mahdi
03-18-2013, 08:31 AM
Below is a listing of the QBs we might draft and also for comparison sake the stats for Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick. Although Colin's passing numbers are not elite he had 173 carries for 1200 yards and 20 TDs so that has to be taken into consideration.

I think its clear just looking at these stats that none of this year's QBs compare well to Kaepernick or Russell Wilson. Kaepernick is a better athlete than all these guys and Russell Wilson's passing accomplishments are way beyond anything 2013 class has to offer except for Geno Smith.

Based solely on these stats I would say that the only QB worth taking in the first round and a half is Geno. I'm watching video on these guys in the next while, I started off with Tyler Wilson (not good so far). I'll post what I think for what it's worth.

Kaepernick and Russell Wilson are at the top. The rest are identifiable by their schools.

X-Era
03-18-2013, 12:26 PM
Below is a listing of the QBs we might draft and also for comparison sake the stats for Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick. Although Colin's passing numbers are not elite he had 173 carries for 1200 yards and 20 TDs so that has to be taken into consideration.

I think its clear just looking at these stats that none of this year's QBs compare well to Kaepernick or Russell Wilson. Kaepernick is a better athlete than all these guys and Russell Wilson's passing accomplishments are way beyond anything 2013 class has to offer except for Geno Smith.

Based solely on these stats I would say that the only QB worth taking in the first round and a half is Geno. I'm watching video on these guys in the next while, I started off with Tyler Wilson (not good so far). I'll post what I think for what it's worth.

Kaepernick and Russell Wilson are at the top. The rest are identifiable by their schools.

You do realize that most of the prospects have had better completion % than either Kaep or Wilson in all of the past 3 years right? And that Geno specifically has had better numbers pretty much throughout.

I really don't look that much at the stats. The system, mechanics, and ability to go through progressions is more important to me. This is something to look at, and should be looked at. But I can't draw the conclusion you draw from just this.

And interestingly enough I would have said the same thing about Kaep and Wilson as I do about these guys... they both are inconsistent.

If anything it could simply prove that inconsistent propspects can still be successfull on NFL teams and even early in there careers.

EDS
03-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Only thing I take away from the stats is that there are 4 QBs identified with over 10,000 career passing yards. Three of them had big senior seasons.

TedMock
03-18-2013, 01:17 PM
...and the one with the biggest arm consistently had the lowest YPA. There are obviously a million other factors and you can't make any conclusions from it, but it was a bit surprising to see.

ublinkwescore
03-18-2013, 01:25 PM
Ej Manuel in the late first damn it.

Bendium23
03-18-2013, 03:12 PM
EJ Manuel is the best future NFL quarterback in this draft. We should have a thread on that.