• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Putting it in perspective

I remember the Music City Debacle vividly.

My wife was holding our sleeping new born baby daughter, watching the game with me in the living room. The forward pass happened, and I yelped out loud in devastation, woke the baby and she started crying, and my wife yelled at me about that as I was already completely heartbroken about the game.

That was the last time the Bills made the playoffs.

And my daughter will be going to high school next year.

THAT is how long we Bills fans have been suffering.

DO F___KING SOMETHING MR. NIX AND MR. BRANDON. WE FANS DESERVE YOUR FULL EFFORT.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Putting it in perspective

This looks like a full on "break it down and rebuild," so don't expect playoffs until she's graduating HS.

And that's assuming they get it right.

Tell her to go to med school so she'll be in college for 7 or 8 years- then MAYBE we'll make the playoffs by the time she graduates from that.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

F this team.

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

What, you thought Buddy and/or Brandon were the right guys to turn around the franchise?

Please. The writing was on the wall the minute Ralph hired Buddy on the cheap: Maintain profitability. Nothing else matters.

Comment

• Jeff1220
          H to the 12:20
          • Jul 2002

Same here Miyagi. My daughter was less than a year old. I was at a business conference with my family, and had the time during the game off, so we watched at the hotel restaurant. My daughter is finishing her freshman year. My oldest son who will be a young freshman next year (he turns 13 in June) has not been alive for a Bills playoff game.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

On a similar note, my wife and I got married January 19, 2001. I knew the Bills weren't going to make the playoffs that year so I didn't think about postponing it a few weeks until after playoff season.... but afterward it occurred to me that I wasn't thinking about FUTURE years and our anniversary potentially interfering with Bills playoff games.

11 years in and it hasn't been a problem yet....
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jpdex12
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
              On a similar note, my wife and I got married January 19, 2001. I knew the Bills weren't going to make the playoffs that year so I didn't think about postponing it a few weeks until after playoff season.... but afterward it occurred to me that I wasn't thinking about FUTURE years and our anniversary potentially interfering with Bills playoff games.

11 years in and it hasn't been a problem yet....
              Well, you should be able to crest the 50 years of marriage mark and still not have to worry about letting your partner down missing your anniversary for a Bill's playoff game. Wilson will still probably be alive then. It'll be like Weekend at Bernies with Ralphy and we will still be in playoff pergatory!
              Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• cookie G
                • Mar 2003

Yep, my youngest was about 3 months old during the Music City Miracle game. I think I was holding him during the homerun throwback play. I might have dropped him. Tough to say, it was a while ago. He's in the 7th grade now.

Damn, the phases that kid's gone through.

Buzz Lightyear phase;
                Batman phase;
                Star Wars phase;
                Spider man phase;
                Batman Beyond phase;
                Batman-Superman hybrid phase;
                Mutant Turtles phase;
                Godzilla phase;
                Even a short UFO conspiracy theorist phase.

He's gone through phases like the Bills have gone through defensive schemes.

Comment

• Gibby
                  • Jun 2006

This looks like a full on "break it down and rebuild," so don't expect playoffs until she's graduating HS.

And that's assuming they get it right.

Tell her to go to med school so she'll be in college for 7 or 8 years- then MAYBE we'll make the playoffs by the time she graduates from that.
                  I dunno, last time the Bills were in the post season I was a junior in high school. Now I have a master's degree under my belt and that's with three years of work experience between my bachelor's and master's degree. I fully suspect that I will have a PhD by the time this team sniffs the post season again.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                    Dances With Buffaloes
                    • Sep 2002

i was still together with my ex.

crazy... when i think about it.
                    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• X-Era
                      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                      • Feb 2005

Why does it feel like 7 days into FA and were a bunch of crack addicts waiting for our "hit" in the form of a veteran backup or never-has-been?

I was talking to my friend about it.

This is a weak class:
                      1. The top WR's were borderline top 10 and certainly not top 5 yet the top guy got 12.5 mill a year
                      2. The top ILB was Ellerbe but was a one year wonder
                      3. The 2nd best ILB is Karlos Dansby who is still out there
                      4. The 3rd best guy isn't much better than the 12th best guy
                      5. There was one top OLB (Kruger) and then everyone else
                      6. The top G got 8 mill a year and we have no business spending that on a G
                      7. The next best G was signed and now the 3rd best isn't much better than the 12th best
                      8. There were no legit starting QB
                      9. There were about 6 to 8 TE's out there and that's a spot where we would have gotten good value but then again the top guy got almost 8 mill per year
                      10. There were about 3 S's and all got decent money when most where just solid starters

It was a situation where in most cases big money went to guys that are what they are and they aren't top 5 at their position. The gold rush is now over and the guys that are left are way better bargains and not that much worse that the top free agents. No, none are guys you can plug in for the next 6 years as top performing starters but the market only had a few of those guys and they went for big money.

Can some of these guys still upgrade some of our positions? Yes. And they are still out there.

If there is no rush by other teams at this point, why rush?... Just to get a fix?

FA isn't over, and I'm just as impatient as everyone else. But, we can take out time now and won't really lose out on much.
                      Last edited by X-Era; 03-19-2013, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

We don't need bargains. We need talent.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Precisely. It shows where this team's priority lies. It sure isn't winning.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

this team does not care about being good. russ is ralph. ralph is russ. they want to peel every penny out of buffalo and then say in year 7, sorry, someone else bought hte team.

it's not simply about money on players. its about how you build a team.

i am fine if they want to try this all over again, but please don't do it with the exact same people and expect different results. the bills were closer with chan as a coach with a pettine hire and keeping his weapons and taking a flyer on a QB in round 1 than what they've done now.

they let 2 linemen go in a position that actually was pretty good (i.e. the OL). Now, even if thye get day 1 starters out of the draft, they haven't gelled. So if they really want to go with a new young qb, you run the risk of ruining him.

with all they have done so far, they should draft OL in round 1, LB in 2 and 3. and then find WR and TE as well as a possible RB.

Then let the new schemes set in, let TJax take the punishment, end up in the bottom 3rd yet again, AND then go for a QB the following year. This way even if the draft class is as weak as this one, the new guy is stepping into a stable area focused on learning vs having all 11 guys learning the system.

but russ in all his wisdom will draft the sexy positoin bcause that's what sells tickets.

and the bills should have been active by now getting more LB's and OL. They have no depth here. even middling players on 1-3 year deals with little guaranteed money should have been offered if they were serious about being a team.

but they will elect to put people on IR by week 4-6 and hire street guys like LEON JOE to fill in for a few weeks and tell us that it was just an injury bug. it's a "Not thinking" bug. and its been with us for 13 years.

I think we should keep peppering the bills with emails and tweets and phone calls. Hey buddy might answer and say whatever comes into his mind.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                              Dances With Buffaloes
                              • Sep 2002

we need vet leadership in that locker room badly. I saw a defense last year with almost no accountability or leadership on that field. We don't need allstars, just winners with some leadership skills. Good locker room stuff, else any attempt to fix that defense will result in more of the same.

Of course the bills front office obviously doesn't feel that way.
                              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X