This has been the most boring off season in my 37 years of existance as a Bill's fan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

This has been the most boring off season in my 37 years of existance as a Bill's fan.

I want to say that Marrone and company just want to wait and see what they have as a team after the draft so they spend money wisely on FAs. It makes sense to go this route in order to spend cap space efficiently and it certainly would go along with the whole analytics topic. I remember when Marrone cleaned out all the garbage on the roster when he came to SU and then rebuilt things to a two bowl winning program. Yeah nothing to brag about being Pin Stripe bowls but it was a step in the right direction.

Watching the sap fill the containers strapped to the Maple trees across from my office the last month has been more exciting than this off season...
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • PTI
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

Re: This has been the most boring off season in my 37 years of existance as a Bill's

Marrone has no idea what he has yet. How is this a surprise? To me, Gailey and staff were such poor coaches, that it is really hard to determine anything. Heck, I would have cut the whole freaking team. People think Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus are actually good players for the Bills, well, they sucked last year, and it was truly bad. Spiller was never used. The offense and defense were predictable and boring.

To me you need to hold your horses on your 37 years of watching.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

Re: This has been the most boring off season in my 37 years of existance as a Bill's

I suggest that you read Chris Brown articles to cure your boredom.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• DynaPaul
        • Sep 2003

I read Chris Brown to help me go to sleep at night. It's better than milk of magnesia.

Comment

• Bangarang
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by DevilPaul View Post
          I read Chris Brown to help me go to sleep at night. It's better than milk of magnesia.
          Watch John Murphy to rub one out then watch Chris Brown to rock you to sleep. Best night of sleep in years.

Comment

• Swiper
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by jpdex12 View Post
            I want to say that Marrone and company just want to wait and see what they have as a team after the draft so they spend money wisely on FAs. It makes sense to go this route in order to spend cap space efficiently and it certainly would go along with the whole analytics topic. I remember when Marrone cleaned out all the garbage on the roster when he came to SU and then rebuilt things to a two bowl winning program. Yeah nothing to brag about being Pin Stripe bowls but it was a step in the right direction.

Watching the sap fill the containers strapped to the Maple trees across from my office the last month has been more exciting than this off season...
            I agree this year is bad. But I remember Kay Stephenson and Hank Bullough. That was the bottom of the barrel. Thanks again Ralph.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
              I agree this year is bad. But I remember Kay Stephenson and Hank Bullough. That was the bottom of the barrel. Thanks again Ralph.
              The amazing thing about the Bullough offseason is that anyone who got the 1986 media guide & read Bill Polian's biography knew he was going to replace Bullough with Marv Levy as soon as he could. The only thing that is surprising about that offseason is that Polian didn't fire Bullough & hire Marv the day he was named GM. Ralph must have told him he had to keep Bullough.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Not a lot they can do at this point, they just don't have the cap room to fill many, let alone all, of the holes on the roster. I'm sure some of the players that they are after are playing the waiting game also, seeing if bigger offers open up before settling for something in the 1-2mil per range.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Oaf
                  Do you read what you write?
                  • Jun 2007

You're old.

Comment

Working...
                  X