PDA

View Full Version : Hasselbeck?

Jeff1220
03-18-2013, 03:54 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/18/matt-hasselbeck-out-in-tennessee/

What's your opinion?

PTI
03-18-2013, 03:57 PM
Hilarious if Titans sign Fitz. He would actually play a good amount for them, Locker seems to get hurt often.

DynaPaul
03-18-2013, 04:01 PM
Ugh... can we please stop with the talking about everyone else's cast off QBs?

Jaybird
03-18-2013, 04:01 PM
We should pick him up as Insurance. if we get a guy in the draft that is ready to play asap then we cut him.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-18-2013, 04:17 PM
no, go all in for geno. do you want a qb or do you want constant 6-10

Don't Panic
03-18-2013, 04:27 PM
At this point why not? At least he's a competent QB who has successfully run the system we're looking to implement, unlike TJax.

EDS
03-18-2013, 04:53 PM
At this point why not? At least he's a competent QB who has successfully run the system we're looking to implement, unlike TJax.

Because the Bills are better off being awful at this point.

Generalissimus Gibby
03-18-2013, 05:04 PM
If we sign Hasselbeck, then at least get someone in OBD to have the bawls to say that he is an interim qb until the qb we draft this year or next is ready to start. Its time to put an end to "vagabond journeyman QB X" is our long term solution at qb. If you can't find or sign a better qb say so, don't spin it just be honest. If you sign him and then draft someone in the draft whom you fully believe can turn this thing around then I would be happy.

swiper
03-18-2013, 05:38 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/18/matt-hasselbeck-out-in-tennessee/

What's your opinion?

Was never a Hasselbeck fan. Especially now at this age. However he is about two levels better than Fitzpatrick.

swiper
03-18-2013, 05:41 PM
no, go all in for geno. do you want a qb or do you want constant 6-10

You wanted Akili Smith, Vince Young and JaMarcus Russell too, didn't you.

wait. wait. I hear it coming.... the "Geno Smith is a completely different QB than those guys" excuse.

better days
03-18-2013, 05:52 PM

If this team were ready to compete for the Super Bowl, Hasselbeck would be good insurance, but on this team, there is no point in having him.

YardRat
03-18-2013, 06:02 PM
No. Spend the FA money on another position, like WR, S, CB, DE etc. Draft your QB in the second round, and roll with him and TJax, maybe Corp for this season then evaluate and move on in '14.

OpIv37
03-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Ugh... can we please stop with the talking about everyone else's cast off QBs?

I agree but what other option do we have?

I don't like any of the rookies in this class, but even if we draft one, we still need someone to mentor him and someone to play in case he sucks or gets hurt. At some point we'll have to add someone because I don't think TJax is up to the task.

BillsFever21
03-18-2013, 06:15 PM
He doesn't do this team any good at this point in our "rebuilding" or his career. If we can't trade down then take the best player available at one of our multiple positions of need and draft a QB in the second. Unless they really feel Geno Smith(if available) is the real deal then wait until the 2nd round or try to move up towards the end of the 1st round and get ahead of everyone else on the next string of QB's.

BillsFever21
03-18-2013, 06:20 PM
I agree but what other option do we have?

I don't like any of the rookies in this class, but even if we draft one, we still need someone to mentor him and someone to play in case he sucks or gets hurt. At some point we'll have to add someone because I don't think TJax is up to the task.

We're going to be an awful team whether we draft a QB or not and if he gets injured then we're definitely in trouble. It doesn't really matter if we win 4 games or 6 games at this point.

Unless it's on a one year deal that wouldn't affect us next year I don't even care about signing another QB and would rather roll into next year with a rookie, Jackson and the cheapest developmental 3rd string we could find which would probably be a late round or undrafted QB. I would rather use that money for next year or to try and get Byrd locked into a long-term deal instead of playing on the franchise tag. Either way this is going to be an awful team.

Mr. Pink
03-18-2013, 08:06 PM
He's not retired?

Isn't he like 50?

YardRat
03-18-2013, 08:43 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2013/03/18/tennessee-titans-matt-hasselbeck/1997661/

Matt Hasselbeck isn't looking for his best shot at a starting job. He's looking for a good fit and a good shot at his first Super Bowl ring.

The veteran quarterback, released by the Tennessee Titans Monday, is already in discussions with the Indianapolis Colts and could soon agree to join the team as Andrew Luck's backup, according to a person informed of the offers made by the club. The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because the negotiations are ongoing.

Mski
03-19-2013, 08:26 AM

What's your opinion?
Tennessee feels Ryan Fitzpatrick is a better option... all debates should end at that

Mahdi
03-19-2013, 08:29 AM
Don't want him. Only reason he would be wanted here by coaching staff is because he is very well versed in the west coast offense and would almost be like a coach for any QB we get.

Tarvaris also has a good deal of experience in WC offense but not near as much as Hasselbeck and not really as good at it either.

PTI
03-19-2013, 08:48 AM
He already signed with the Colts I thought I heard on the radio in to work?!?!

ThunderGun
03-19-2013, 08:52 AM
He already signed with the Colts I thought I heard on the radio in to work?!?!

Yep, he's a Colt.

I actually would have liked to bring him in, as nothing more than a mentor to whichever QB we draft. Teach him how to study tape, prepare, ect. I certainly wouldn't want him as our starter.

justasportsfan
03-19-2013, 08:52 AM
I would rather have younger qb's at no.1 and no.2 .

EDS
03-19-2013, 08:55 AM
Tennessee feels Ryan Fitzpatrick is a better option... all debates should end at that

Not better. cheaper is what they were after.

PTI
03-19-2013, 09:10 AM
Yep, he's a Colt.

I actually would have liked to bring him in, as nothing more than a mentor to whichever QB we draft. Teach him how to study tape, prepare, ect. I certainly wouldn't want him as our starter.

Hassleback will without a doubt help Luck be better. He is a QB that has actually had a pretty good amount of success and been in a Super Bowl. He got to play on the same team as Favre. Luck is Lucky to have such a guy with his resume and class to be his backup.

imbondz
03-19-2013, 03:02 PM
I like Hasselbeck, but isn't he now what Fitz will be in 5 years?